Malwarebytes for Mac PC is a well-known virus scan software for Mac to scan and remove malware, Trojan, virus, and other unwanted scripts, software, block suspicious sites, remove threat links, and block all phishing links and Email on Mac.
Malwarebytes work is similar to other security software for Mac to make sure that your Mac computer isn’t contracted by an unknown malware.
The macOS is not secured just the like the Windows Defender and can put your macOS under threat when visiting a website or links that can inject viruses into your computer.
However, using 3rd-party software to protect your Mac from malware, security software like Malwarebytes for Mac play an important role.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to install Malwarebytes on Mac computer and scan your macOS PC for viruses, malware, Trojan, and phishing links and quarantine all suspicious files.
How to Install Malwarebytes Virus & Malware scanner on macOS
Malwarebytes is simple to install and use to scan PCs (Windows OS & macOS) for viruses that cause your macOS from misbehaving.
It’s an added advantage for Mac users to remove suspicious links and Trojan from their macOS PC.
However, if you are keen to install Malwarebytes on Mac computer you own to scan and remove unwanted information such as phishing links, viruses, Trojan, malware, adware, etc.
- Download the latest Malwarebytes software on your macOS computer. The software is completely free to download so there is no single barrier that’d stop you from downloading the Malwarebytes software.
- Go to your macOS download folder and run the Malwarebytes installer file
- Read the Malwarebytes terms and condition if you have the whole time to do so. But, I don’t give a damn about that. After that click on the continue button
- If you have multiple drives in your macOS select the drive you want to install the Malwarebytes. In some cases, the primary drive “Macintosh HD” will probably appear as the default to install the Malwarebytes on your Mac.
- A new popup will appear that need authentication to continue the installation. Now, authenticate the Malwarebytes installer and select where to install the Malwarebytes. I recommend home computer if you want to install the Malwarebytes on your personal computer otherwise choose work.
- You don’t need to try the Malwarebytes premium version. The free version will go along way with the free features. So, you need to ignore the Malwarebytes 14 days free trial and continue with the free installation
Now, once the installation is completed you can choose to close the Malwarebytes app or run it.
How to Scan macOS using Malwarebytes for Mac
Once the Malwarebytes has been successfully installed on your macOS computer. You can proceed to run your first malware, Trojan, adware, and viruses scan using the Malwarebytes software.
- Locate the Malwarebytes icon from your macOS desktop or search for it using the search feature and click on run it. If it requires an administrative right to run, kindly grant it.
- Under the option that says do not go unprotected click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your Mac computer for possible malware, phishing links, suspicious email links, viruses etc
- When the Malwarebytes scan is done, two things are involved. If there is a threat discovered the information will be displayed on your screen and you will be asked to delete it or quarantine it. However, if no threat is found, that you macOS computer is clean from any suspicious activities the Malwarebytes software will congratulate you for that.
Did you say this is easy? Yes, it’s. Both Malwarebytes for Mac and Malwarebytes for Windows worth it and it gives you a complete threat-free from unsuspicious malware. The Malwarebytes free version feature is enough to keep you secure as long as you keep update to the latest version.
If you have the Windows Defender enabled on your Windows computer you can also use the Malwarebytes for Windows to complement it to make sure that you are always above any form of viruses, Trojan, malware, and adware.