I’m taking a bold step to delete one of my Facebook accounts in this post which I believe you will benefit from. I’ll tell tell you why I choose to delete the Facebook account and why you may want to delete your account too. However how to delete Facebook account is what a non-geeky person can do but….
Conscious must be taken because once you delete your Facebook account you’ll not be able to recover it again.
But what if you don’t want to delete your Facebook account? What can you do? We’d also consider what you can do with your Facebook account rather than deleting your Facebook account.
Objective: The objective of this post is to revealed to you how to delete Facebook account in very simple and easy way.
Disclaimer: Gadgetswright and its staff are in no way responsible for any damage this post can cause to your Facebook account if you follow it to delete your Facebook account.
Purpose: This post is mainly for educational purpose and we employ you not to use the privilege otherwise.
Table of Contents
- How to Delete Facebook Account; Why?
- Delete Facebook Account or Deactivate it?
- Can I Still Use the Same Facebook Account Username and Password Again?
- Delete Facebook Account? No! Then Do This First!
- How to Deactivate Facebook Account
How to Delete Facebook Account; Why?
There are so many reasons to delete Facebook account. It all depends on individual reasons. My reason for practically deleting my Facebook account permanently may differs from your own but all the same, few of the reasons why you may want to delete your Facebook permanently may include the following.
1. You have more that one Facebook account
2. You probably want to give Facebook a break
3. You are going on vacation (deactivate instead of deleting it if it’s just a vacation)
4. You hate Facebook which is probably not possible from my own point of view.
5. You want to concentrate more on what you do offline rather than spending the whole day chating on social media
6. You are addicted to Facebook.
There are so many reasons why you may want to delete your Facebook account permanently but the aforementioned reasons are the few of the reasons why I deleted this my Facebook account permanently.
Delete Facebook Account or Deactivate it?
First and foremost you need to know that when you deactivate your Facebook account is different from when your delete your account. The two does not mean the same thing in real world and so also, they do not mean exact same thing in the world of Facebook.com.
Let try to analyse the different between deactivating Facebook account and deleting Facebook account and what you stand to gain when you decide to succumb to one of the two worlds.
Deactivate Facebook Account Means?
Deactivating Facebook account means you are temporarily suspending your account yourself with the mind of coming back one day. Deactivation means you choose to make your account inactive. Your friends will not be able to find you on Facebook, they will not be able to send a message to you and you will not be able to send message to them as well. Meanwhile, all your messages, both sent and received messages will remain intact in your inbox but you will not be able to receive and send message to your friends prior activation.
Delete Facebook Account Means?
This is exceptionally different from deactivating or rendering your Facebook account in active for a moment. It means you want to say Good by to Facebook finally. Once you delete your Facebook account you can no longer access it again. You will loose access to everything you have on the network including your videos, photos, pictures, status and the like. However it takes 14 days for Facebook to delete your Facebook account permanently and you will not be able to access it again.
Can I Still Use the Same Facebook Account Username and Password Again?
This is indeed a brilliant question to ask before you take your finally decision whether to delete your Facebook account or not. And whether you will be able to use the login and password ever again. Facebook really made it an easy task for you to be able to re-open a new Facebook account if you deleted your previous account profile.
But, it worth nothing that even if you create a new Facebook account with you old username and password you will have to send friend request again to your old friends since the account is new.
Delete Facebook Account? No! Then Do This First!
As far as I am concern I don’t recommend you delete your Facebook account if you don’t have multiple Facebook account. Rather it’s advisable that you should deactivate the account rather than deleting it. However, the reason for that being that you can always come back to the account and reactivate it again once the time frame for deactivation has expired.
But, if you have decided never to use the Facebook account again like myself you may skip the next step that teaches how to deactivate Facebook account and move to how to delete Facebook account permanently.
Back up You Facebook Data
Before I deleted my Facebook account I was very sure that I have the latest back up of my Facebook data backed up on my PC. So, it’s highly advisable you to should back up your Facebook data before you finally delete your account.
The procedure shows an exact way to back up your Facebook account offline.
1. Open your browser and login to your Facebook account
2. Click on the drop menu on your Facebook account and click on settings above logout
3. Scroll down to the bottom of your Facebook general settings page and click on download a copy of your data from Facebook
4. Click on start my archive to get a copy of what you have posted on Facebook including your Facebook status, shared photos and videos, pictures etc.
5. Facebook will prompt you to enter your account password. Kindly enter the correct password and click on submit to proceed.
6. Click on start my archive and Facebook will send an email to your registered email address once your Facebook data achieve is ready.
7. If you follow the above step very well you should get the following message from Facebook.
Next we’d walk you through how to deactivate your Facebook account and finally to how to delete Facebook account using https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account Facebook feature.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
Here we’d consider how to deactivate Facebook account in this section. And we’d also recommend deactivating your Facebook account over deleting it. So, be calm and follow the tutorial perfectly.
1. Login to your Facebook using Fb.com login page and click on the drop menu to select settings
2. Click on security to the upper left of the page or follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security and scroll down the bottom of the page to click edit button in from of deactivate account.
3. Once you clicked on deactivate from above, the option will expand then click on deactivate my account as seen in the attachment below.
4. Before you finally turn off your Facebook account for a while. Facebook will like to know why you choose to deactivate your account. And since you only want to deactivate your account temporarily, then choose ‘this is temporary’ and select the number of days you would love to deactivate your Facebook account from the drop menu and scroll down to click deactivate.
Note: Facebook will automatically reactivate your Facebook account once the time after 7 days.
Simple Trick on How to Delete Facebook Account
And here is the grand master of what I had to do when I choose to delete my Facebook account without second thought ad as a result of the above reasons.
Please note that once you delete your Facebook account you will not be able to login to the same Facebook account again.
However, below is the step-by-step procedure you need to follow to delete your Facebook account permanently.
1. Go to Facebook account delete profile page from the link provided here: https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
2. Click on delete my Facebook account when you click on the link to Facebook account delete page from above.
3. A new window will pop up. Enter your Facebook account password and the captcha provided correctly and click on OK to continue.
4. Facebook will pops up that you account has been deactivated for 14 days. Within that 14 days you can still login to your Facebook and cancel deactivation. Else your Facebook account will be removed permanently from the site.
How to Cancel Facebook Account Deletion
Before Facebook finally remove account from their site permanently, they give users ultimatum of 14 days to retrieve the account from being deleted. That is, within 14 days you requested Facebook to delete your account you will still be able to login and cancel the request. After which Facebook will now delete your Facebook account permanently after 14 days if you failed to cancel the request within 14 days. However, if you have a rethink that you want to cancel your Facebook account from being deleted from Facebook site, below is the step-by-step procedure to cancel the request.
1. Login to the Facebook account in question with your Facebook login username and password
2. Click on cancel deletion and Facebook will cancel your request to delete your Facebook account
How to Delete Facebook Account within 14 Days
Facebook allow you to delete your Facebook account permanently within 14 days of your request. Facebook know that some Facebook users cannot wait for minimum of 14 days to delete their account. And in such a case, they do request for instant Facebook account deletion. However, if you found yourself in the shoe of those Facebook users that would love Facebook to delete their account instantly then you have this section to suits that purpose.
Following the steps below you will be able to delete your Facebook account within 14 days permanently and without a trace.
1. Login to you Facebook account using Facebook URL or from fb.com
2. On the new Facebook page that contains your account status, click on confirm delete
3. Once you click on confirm deletion, Facebook will set your account to be deleted within 14 days of request. However, you will also be prompted that you need to login within 14 day to redeem your account else all you information, photos, pictures, videos, friends etc will be deleted permanently from Facebook.
Congratulations you have successfully deleted your Facebook account. Note that this is the exact method I used to delete one of my Facebook account within 14 working days.
Employ this post wisely and only use it for educational purpose!