If you ever think it’s possible to delete your Facebook account permanently without your password or are looking for a way to delete your old Facebook account with your password, here is a guide for you. In this guide, we will take a look at how to delete Facebook account without password.
Before Facebook can delete your Facebook account you will need to prove that the Facebook account belongs to you by providing the Facebook password. However, if you cannot remember your old Facebook account password you’d not be able to either delete it temporarily or delete it permanently.
So, in this article, I found out how you can delete your Facebook account without a password.
Reset Facebook Password
The fastest way to delete your Old Facebook account without password is by doing a password reset to be able to set a new password for your Facebook account and use the new Facebook password to sign into your Facebook account to be able to delete the Facebook account permanently.
Therefore, the steps below will walk you through how to reset your Facebook account password.
- Go to web.facebook.com on a web browser. You can also use your phone browser for convenience sake instead of the mobile app.
- Click on “Forgot Password.”
- Type your “Facebook Profile Name” or “Username” or “Email” or “Phone Number” to allow Facebook to search its database for your old Facebook account. Don’t forget to click on the “Search” tab to search for the Facebook account.
- Choose how you want Facebook to send a password reset code to you. You can choose via email or log in with your old Facebook password or use “Google account” if it was the Google account that you used in creating your Facebook account. Once you have decided the option to use don’t forget to click the “Continue” tab.
- Enter the “Facebook Security” code that was either sent to your email address or phone number and click on the “Continue” tab.
- Create a new password for your Facebook account by creating a unique password different from the old password to retrieve your old Facebook account by setting a new account password. Once you have typed the new Facebook account password click on the “Continue” button to set the password.
Now, Facebook will redirect you to your Facebook account and you can now proceed to delete the Facebook account following the steps below.
How to Delete Facebook Account Without Password
We have been able to set a new password for your Facebook account that can be used to delete your Facebook account temporarily or permanently depending on your choice. Therefore, the steps below take you through how to delete your Facebook account without a password.
- Sign in to your Facebook account with your email and password.
- Click on your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Choose “Settings & Privacy” >> “Settings.”
- Select “Accounts Center” on the left panel.
- Click on “Personal Details.”
- Select “Account Ownership Control.”
- Select “Deactivation or Deletion.”
- Select “Delete Account” and click “Continue.”
- Scroll down and click on “Continue.”
- Choose the reason why you want to delete your Facebook account and click on the “Continue” button.
- Scroll down and click “Continue.”
- Type your “New Facebook Password” and click “Continue.”
- Click “Delete Account” to confirm that you want to delete your Facebook account.
Your Facebook account will be set for deletion permanently. However, you have the privilege of 30 days to reactivate your account. To reactivate your Facebook account you simply need to sign in to the account with the username and new password we created and the deleted Facebook account will be reactivated.
How to Delete a Facebook Account Without a Password
Another unique way to delete a Facebook account without the old or current password is via the Facebook help centre. So, here, we will walk you through the steps to close your Facebook account permanently via the help centre.
Note: This step will help you to delete your Facebook account without a password and without necessarily waiting for 30 30-day deactivation time frame.
- Go to https://web.facebook.com/help on a web browser.
- Click on “Manage your Account” on the navigation.
- Click on “Deactivation or Deleting your account.”
Now, follow the prompts to write to Facebook and ask them to delete your Facebook account. However, during this process you may be prompted to submit a mean of identification to show that the Facebook account belongs to you.