There are a few things you need to know when it comes to connecting your PayPal account to the Cash App and send money from your PayPal to your cash app.
Firstly, you cannot send money directly from your Paypal account to your Cash App account. So, take note of that.
However, there is a workaround to on how to send money PayPal funds to Cash App account.
Below, I will be breaking down the alternative steps you can follow if you are looking to send money from your PayPal account to Cash App without incurring so many charges because other methods people are using to send money from their PayPal account to their cash app account requires excess charges.
How to Transfer Funds From Paypal to Cash App
There are three ways to transfer money from your PayPal account to your Cash App account. However, it is not direct. It is only a simple alternative if you frequently receive money from your PayPal account.
Here are the three ways it is being done.
- Transfer the money from your PayPal balance to your bank account and send the money to your Cash App balance.
- Link your Cash App Card to your Paypal account.
- Send Bitcoin to your from Paypal to Cash app
Now let’s break down how to do them.
How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App without a card
Over here, I’ll be breaking down how you can move money from your Cash App account to your bank, and then back to your Cash App account without the need for a card.
Firstly, we need to move the money from your PayPal account to your bank account.
NB: The bank linked to your cash app account has to be the bank you are sending funds to from your PayPal account.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Navigate to the “Summary” section.
- Select “Transfer Money.”
- Now choose “Withdraw from PayPal to your bank account.”
- Now type in the amount of money you want to transfer.
- Confirm the transaction and then select “Transfer Now.”
- Now, navigate to the “Wallet” section and then select “Done.”
Now that you’ve learnt how to move money from your PayPal account to your bank account, now you need to move the money from the bank account to your Cash app account.
NB: if your bank account is not linked to your cash app account you have to do so before this would work.
In case you haven’t done that follow the steps below
- Launch the Cash App
- Select the Banking option.
- Select “Link Bank.”
- Continue with the prompts to fill in the bank account with other required details.
If You’ve linked your bank account to your cash app account, here is how to send money from your linked bank account to your Cash App account.
- Launch the Cash App
- Select the “Banking” tab.
- Choose “Add Cash.”
- Now, type in the amount you want to add to your Cash App balance.
- Tap on “Add.”
- Finalize the transaction by entering your PIN or by using Touch ID2.
NB: After doing this, the stated amount will be transferred from your bank account to your Cash App account.
How to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App with card
Over here, you need a cash app card, which you are going to link with your PayPal account and then transfer money from the card to your cash app account.
This is how it’s done.
- Launch the Cash app
- Select the cash card tab.
- Tap to obtain a cash card
- Tap “continue” to finalize the order of getting a new cash card.
After completing the order, the Cash app card will be available for use; However, the physical version might take around 10 business days before it gets sent to you.
But then you will be able to access the card number which will be available to you virtually.
Now that you are aware of that, here is how you can add your Cash app to your PayPal account.
- Launch your PayPal app.
- Tap on the wallet button on Paypal.
- Tap the plus button beside “Banks and cards.”
- Tap, “debit and credit cards.”
- Over here, link your cash card details in your PayPal wallet section.
After doing this, you would be able to send money from your PayPal account to your Cash app easily.
How to Transfer Bitcoin from Paypal to Cash App
While it is not possible to send money directly from your PayPal account to your cash app. Users have devised other ways to do that with ease, such as by converting their money to bitcoin and then sending it to their Cash App account since Cash App also accepts bitcoin.
That being said, let’s talk about how to do that.
- First things first, you have to open your Cash App application.
- Navigate to the bottom left balance section.
- Tap on the bitcoin chart.
- Below the chart, click on “view bitcoin addresses.”
- On the next screen, click on the copy button below the barcode.
- Doing this will copy your bitcoin address from your Cash App account.
Once you have your bitcoin address, You can use your PayPal account to send bitcoins to your Cash app account right? wrong, with Paypal you cannot send Crypto, you can only liquidate it
Now, let’s proceed to how you can send bitcoin to the copied bitcoin address from your Cash app account.
- Launch your PayPal account
- Click on the finish button on the bottom left.
- On the next screen, you’ll see all the different wallets you have on your account.
- Click on the crypto tap at the top right.
- Click the two downward arrows in the bottom right corner.
- A menu will show up with two options: “send” and “receive.”
- select “send”
- Next, tap on the search bar and paste the bitcoin address you copied from the Cash app.
- Now click on the two-directional arrow button.
- Enter the number of bitcoins you want to send. You can use the dollar section to determine the dollar amount of BTC you are sending.
- Click on the “Next” tab and follow the screen prompt to confirm the translation.
How Long does it take to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App?
The money you transferred from your PayPal to your cash app account should be sent in minutes if you chose the “instant transfer option.” However, the standard transfer option will take 1-3 business days before the money is sent to the receiving account.
The only reason it could take this long is if your account is flagged or there is an internal Cash App system error.
Recommendation: Why Your Cash App Payment Is Pending
Does it Cost to Transfer Money from PayPal to Cash App?
If you are transferring money from your PayPal account to your bank account, you will be charged a 1.75% fee. However, sending money from your linked bank account to your Cash app account is free.
So the cost is somewhat insignificant.
Paypal Transfer to Cash App Denied
Firstly, you cannot transfer cash from your PayPal account to your Cash App account directly. You have to either send it to your linked bank account and move the funds from there to your Cash app or add your Cash app card to your PayPal account.
Another alternative way you can follow, which I just discussed, is to send Bitcoin since that is the only thing you can send directly from PayPal to the Cash App.
Right now, it should be clear that you can’t directly send money from Paypal to Cash App unless you follow the alternatives stated above. If this article has been helpful, feel free to share and bookmark this website.