If you don’t know how to go about linking your PayPal account to your TikTok account here is a guide for you. We will discuss explicitly how to link PayPal to TikTok here to be able to buy TikTok coins with it or receive your TikTok coin in your wallet.
While it’s easy to connect PayPal to TikTok a lot of people still find it difficult to do.
So, this guide will revolve around how to link or connect your TikTok to your PayPal and how you can transfer your TikTok money to your PayPal for withdrawal.
What is TikTok?
TikTok has built a vast user base in no time. The “Short Videos” app has become a star on its social media platform. Although initially there was no other way to make money from the app than by endorsement, TikTok introduced a “coin” system to encourage the app’s developers.
In this article, you will learn how to link your PayPal account to TikTok.
Given TikTok’s success, it’s no wonder Facebook made sure to replicate the same thing on its platform. While they once started reels on Instagram, they are now aggressively testing “short videos” on Facebook in India. If you’re wondering what reels are, check out the links below.
What are “TikTok Coins”?
Coins were introduced as a virtual currency in TikTok. Users can pay creator coins to show their support and appreciation for their efforts. These coins are linked to your TikTok account.
The coins can then be converted into real money by removing them from the app. TikTok has specific restrictions on these withdrawals that we will cover later.
Why do you need to Link PayPal to TikTok?
TikTok coins are not compliant enough to be withdrawn directly to your bank account. For security reasons or not, with TikTok, you can only link one PayPal account to your TikTok account [for now]. Of course, you must have a PayPal account beforehand.
So if you need to withdraw your coins from your TikTok account, the only way to do it is by linking your PayPal account at the moment and we hope to have multiple options in the future.
How to Link PayPal to TikTok
Once you’ve created your PayPal account, you can easily link it to your TikTok account. You need to make sure that the PayPal account has the same first and last name as your TikTok account.
Otherwise, your payment could be declined. To link your PayPal account, you need to copy your PayPal link from the PayPal app and paste it into the TikTok app.
For this guide, we’ve used screenshots from DoseofJoseph’s video, which you should refer to as video tutorials. Make sure you see it on YouTube and TikTok.
How to Link PayPal to TikTok
Follow the steps below to learn how to add PayPal to TikTok
- Start the PayPal app (Android / iOS) on your device and log in with your login information.
- Now tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner. Your PayPal link will appear under your profile picture. Copy this link to your clipboard.
- Now start the TikTok app on your device. Access your profile by tapping the “Me” tab in the lower right corner.
- Now tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Balance”.
- You can now see how many coins you currently have in your account. At the bottom, tap Live Gifts.
- Now click the “Remove” button at the bottom of the next page.
- You can now choose the steps in which you would like to withdraw funds. Choose the right increment based on how much you want to withdraw from your TikTok account.
- On the next page, under Withdrawal Account, tap PayPal. Now add the email address assigned to your PayPal account. If you are prompted for a “PayPal ID”, paste the ID that you copied from your PayPal account.
How to Check TikTok Balance
You need to have enough coins or diamonds in your TikTok balance before you can request a withdrawal. Therefore, here, we will discuss how to check your TikTok diamond balance.
- Launch the “TikTok” app and sign into your account.
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom right.
- Click on the menu option [3 horizontal lines] at the top right.
- Click on “Settings and privacy” from the pop-up.
- Click on “Balance” under “Manage Account.”
- You will see your TikTok coins balance and gift revenue.
- Click on the “Gift Revenue” to see the “Total Balance.”
Buy TikTok Coins with PayPal
To buy TikTok coins with PayPal is easy and straightforward once you have the option to buy with PayPal in your account. Therefore, you will learn how to buy TikTok coins with PayPal in this part of the article.
- Open your “TikTok” app.
- Click on “Profile >> Menu (3 horizontal lines).”
- Tap “Settings and privacy.”
- Select Balance under “Manage account.”
- Click on “Recharge” in “Coin Balance.”
- Select the coins in numbers with the price in front of it that you want to buy.
- Choose “PayPal” as the payment option.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click on make “Payment” and confirm the transaction.
Once the transaction is completed you will be charged at the same time be credited with the amount of TikTok coins you paid for.
How to Buy TikTok Coins with a Credit Card
I will walk you through how to buy TikTok coins with a credit card below if you don’t have a PayPal account or Google Pay and you want to purchase TikTok coins.
- Sign in to your TikTok account.
- Click on Menu >> Settings and privacy.
- Click on “Balance >> Recharge.”
- Choose the amount of TikTok coins to buy with a credit card.
- Click on “Add credit or debit card” from the pop-up.
- Enter your “Credit Card or Debit Card” card number and click on the “Save” button.
- Add the “Expiry Date” and “CVV” at the back and click on the “Save” button.
- Click on “Confirm” to make a payment.
You can also use your Google account [Google Playstore] to buy TikTok coins if you have linked your card to your Google account.
How to Transfer Money from TikTok to PayPal
Follow the steps below to learn how to transfer money from TikTok to PayPal account.
- Log into your TikTok account.
- Click on the “Profile” icon at the bottom right.
- Tap on the horizontal lines to the top right.
- Select “Settings and privacy.”
- Choose “Balance.”
- Click on “Gift Revenue” or “LIVE Gifts.”
- You will see your “Total Balance” including “today’s Diamonds” and “Total Diamonds.”
- Click on the “Withdraw” button.
- Link your “PayPal” account if you haven’t linked it.
- Enter the “Amount” to withdraw under the “Amount Column” and do remember the minimum amount you can withdraw is $10.00.
- Click on “Confirm to Withdraw.”
- Click on the “Withdraw Now” button.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
You should see “Withdrawal in progress” with a checked mark. This is how to transfer money from TikTok to PayPal.
Can’t Link PayPal to TikTok
Below are the reasons why you can’t link PayPal to your TikTok account.
- Make sure that the name [First and last name] in your TikTok account is the same as the name in your PayPal account otherwise your TikTok withdrawal will be rejected or declined.
How to Add Bank Account to TikTok
It is worth noting that TikTok bank transfer doesn’t work in all countries. So, if this option isn’t available in your TikTok account profile it means that you cannot add a bank account to your TikTok.
Therefore, follow the steps below to learn how to add a bank account to TikTok following the steps below.
- Go to your “TikTok Profile.”
- Click on the three lines at the top right.
- Choose “Settings and Privacy.”
- Select “Balance” under “Account Manager.“
- Click on “LIVE Gifts.”
- Choose “Add a new payout method.“
- Click on the “Region” option and choose “Bahrain“
- Choose the “Done” button at the top.
- You should see the “Bank Transfer” payout method being added to the PayPal payment method.
- Click on “Bank Transfer” and a verification code will be sent to your TikTok phone number.
- Enter the verification code and click on agree to terms and conditions.
- You will be taken to the “Link Bank Account” screen.
- Enter your bank details and click on the “Confirm” button.
That is it. You have successfully added your bank account to your PayPal account and you can withdraw your TikTok earnings to the added bank account henceforth.
We discuss below how to unlink PayPal from your TikTok account.
- Sign in to your TikTok account.
- Click on the profile icon at the bottom right
- Click on the menu option and select “Settings and privacy.”
- Choose “Balance” under “Manage Account.”
- Click on “Withdraw.”
- Click on the “linked PayPal account.”
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon at the top left beside the “PayPal” account.
- Check the “PayPal account” and choose “Delete.”
- Click “Continue” on the “Delete Account” pop-up.
The linked PayPal account will be removed/deleted/unlinked from your TikTok account. So, that is how to unlink PayPal from TikTok.
What is the Transfer Limit for TikTok coins?
TikTok will only allow you to withdraw funds from your account if you have at least $ 100. Less than, and you can’t press the remove button.
Also, TikTok has a limit on how much you can withdraw from your account per day. This limit is set at $ 1,000. So if you have $ 4000 in your TikTok account, you will need to make withdrawals for four days.
What are the Transaction Fees?
TikTok doesn’t charge users when they withdraw from their accounts. PayPal, on the other hand, charges you fees based on where you are in the world. Visit the PayPal website for more information on the fee structure.
How long do TikTok Transfers Take?
TikTok states that it will take at least 15 days for transfers to appear in your PayPal account. This is because your team will review each transfer request before approving it.
It also clarifies that not all transfers may be approved based on the information provided in your PayPal account.
It takes a maximum of 21 days for the credit to appear on your PayPal account. This is only the case if your money is put on hold to resolve any potential issues with the transfer.
Why can’t I transfer funds to my PayPal account?
Before linking your PayPal account, you need to make sure that the first and last name of the account matches those of your TikTok account. Otherwise, you will have to change your name in TikTok to match your PayPal account.
You should also make sure that your PayPal account is verified. While most users who use PayPal regularly have checked their accounts, if you’ve just created a new account for your TikTok, there are two of the following three tasks you need to do to verify your PayPal account.
- Link a bank account
- Link a card (credit or debit)
- Include the SSN (social security number).
We hope this article has been useful. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us in the comments below.