You need the information in this article if you would be able to link your Tiktok to your PayPal and transfer your funds with ease.
TikTok has built a vast user base in no time. The “Short Videos” app has become a star on its social media platform. Although initially there was no other way to make money from the app than by endorsement, TikTok introduced a “coin” system to encourage the app’s developers. In this article, you will learn how to link your PayPal account to TikTok.
Given TikTok’s success, it’s no wonder Facebook made sure to replicate the same thing on its platform. While they once started reels on Instagram, they are now aggressively testing “short videos” on Facebook in India. If you’re wondering what reels are, check out the links below.
Table of Contents
What are “TikTok Coins”?
Coins were introduced as a virtual currency in TikTok. Users can pay creator coins to show their support and appreciation for their efforts. These coins are linked to your TikTok account. The coins can then be converted into real money by removing them from the app. TikTok has specific restrictions on these withdrawals that we will cover later.
Why do you need to Link PayPal to TikTok?
TikTok coins are not compliant enough to be withdrawn directly to your bank account. For security reasons or not, with TikTok, you can only link one PayPal account to your TikTok account. Of course, you must have a PayPal account beforehand.
So if you need to withdraw your coins from your TikTok account, the only way to do it is by linking your PayPal account.
How to Link PayPal to TikTok
Once you’ve created your PayPal account, you can easily link it to your TikTok account. You need to make sure that the PayPal account has the same first and last name as your TikTok account. Otherwise, your payment could be declined. To link your PayPal account, you need to copy your PayPal link from the PayPal app and paste it into the TikTok app.
For this guide, we’ve used screenshots from DoseofJoseph’s video, which you should refer to as video tutorials. Make sure you see it on YouTube and TikTok.
- Start the PayPal app (Android / iOS) on your device and log in with your login information.
- Now tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner. Your PayPal link will appear under your profile picture. Copy this link to your clipboard.
- Now start the TikTok app on your device. Access your profile by tapping the “Me” tab in the lower right corner.
- Now tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Balance”.
- You can now see how many coins you currently have in your account. At the bottom, tap Live Gifts.
- Now click the “Remove” button at the bottom of the next page.
- You can now choose the steps in which you would like to withdraw funds. Choose the right increment based on how much you want to withdraw from your TikTok account.
- On the next page, under Withdrawal Account, tap PayPal. Now add the email address assigned to your PayPal account. If you are prompted for a “PayPal ID”, paste the ID that you copied from your PayPal account.
What is the Transfer Limit for TikTok coins?
TikTok will only allow you to withdraw funds from your account if you have at least $ 100. Less than, and you can’t press the remove button. Also, TikTok has a limit on how much you can withdraw from your account per day. This limit is set at $ 1,000. So if you have $ 4000 in your TikTok account, you will need to make withdrawals for four days.
What are the Transaction Fees?
TikTok doesn’t charge users when they withdraw from their accounts. PayPal, on the other hand, charges you fees based on where you are in the world. Visit the PayPal website for more information on the fee structure.
How long do TikTok Transfers Take?
TikTok states that it will take at least 15 days for transfers to appear in your PayPal account. This is because your team will review each transfer request before approving it. It also clarifies that not all transfers may be approved based on the information provided in your PayPal account.
It takes a maximum of 21 days for the credit to appear on your PayPal account. This is only the case if your money is put on hold to resolve any potential issues with the transfer.
Why can’t I transfer funds to my PayPal account?
Before linking your PayPal account, you need to make sure that the first and last name of the account matches those of your TikTok account. Otherwise, you will have to change your name in TikTok to match your PayPal account.
You should also make sure that your PayPal account is verified. While most users who use PayPal regularly have checked their accounts, if you’ve just created a new account for your TikTok, there are two of the following three tasks you need to do to verify your PayPal account.
- Link a bank account
- Link a card (credit or debit)
- Include the SSN (social security number).
We hope this article has been useful. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us in the comments below.