Every Sport has its own set of supporters and fan base. Before we proceed to the main agenda of this article, do you have a Yahoo mail account? If not, you need to sign up for one to be able to stream Yahoo Sports on your streaming device. Read more on how to sign up for a Yahoo account here.
There are many applications available for binge-watching sports and games but one of such applications is Yahoo Sports. It is an excellent and extremely informative App, that offers high-quality material. In this article, you will learn how to stream Yahoo sports on Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, and Apple TV without having any issues whatsoever.
Yahoo Sports provide a blog section with lots of sports like NFL, CFB, and NBA news that is usually updated. They offer great original content regularly even when they are not visible on the screen. This post will show you how to install and stream Yahoo Sports on major streaming platforms.
You can get the Yahoo Sports app and watch live local and primetime NFL games for free on your phone or tablet, all season long. Isn’t that great! Stream live NBA games with the NBA League Pass free preview windows all through the season and watch pro league soccer games, too.
Yahoo Sports app is the quickest way to access the recent sports scores, stats, and highlights on your favorite teams and leagues. With NBA, NFL, NHL, NCAA, MLB, MLS, and more, Yahoo Sports keeps you abreast of all the football, basketball, baseball, and soccer event happening at the moment.
The Yahoo Sports app’s biggest and most accepted feature is its consistent content. It is the most user-friendly sports news website you can find on the internet especially for both sports news and opinions, as well as fantasy sports. Read on to learn how to stream Yahoo Sports on Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, and Apple TV.
Amazing Features of the Yahoo Sports App
Below are the common features of the Yahoo Sports App:
- You get live match updates and other sports-related contents are provided regularly.
- It can save favorites for fast access to the app and live updates.
- Different devices can be used with the same account.
- Yahoo Sports also includes sports events like Formula 1, NASCAR Sprint, PGA, PGA Champions, etc.
- You will also have unlimited access to Fantasy Slate, a fun game where you can pick winners yourself.
How to install and stream Yahoo Sports on Roku
Yahoo Sports was supported on Roku formerly, but it has been withdrawn now. However, you can still use screen mirroring to access Yahoo Sports on your Roku device. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
Using an Android smartphone
- Connect your Roku to the HDMI connector on your TV.
- Connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network (The network must be reliable and fast).
- Go to Screen mirroring mode on the Roku device, and select the “Always” option from the list.
- Install Yahoo Sports from the Play Store on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Select the Cast icon under the Notification Panel.
- Your phone will automatically search for a nearby casting device.
- Choose your Roku device from the drop-down menu.
- The screen of your Android device will be displayed on your TV.
- Launch the Yahoo Sports app and stream any live match available. It will be displayed on your Roku device automatically.
Using Windows PC
- Connect your Roku device to the TV’s HDMI port and the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Screen mirroring mode on your Roku device, and follow the Prompt option.
- Go to the Yahoo Sports website on your computer.
- Tap on the Notification icon at the bottom of the screen, then select the Connect option.
- Your PC will search for a casting device.
- Choose your Roku device immediately after it has been listed from the search results.
- You can now stream any video from the Yahoo Sports website. It will be displayed on your TV screen via Roku.
How to install and stream Yahoo Sports on Amazon FireStick
It’s quite easy to install and stream Yahoo Sports on the Fire TV stick. The Yahoo Sports app is available on the official Amazon Store. All you need to do is navigate into the store to start the process:
- Go to the main menu and select the search option.
- Enter Yahoo Sports into the search box and click on the search button.
- Select Yahoo Sports from the search results displayed on the screen.
- A new window will be opened. To start the process, tap the download button.
- Wait till the download process is completed.
- On the Firestick, tap the open button to launch the Yahoo Sports app.
Yahoo Sports will be displayed on the screen of your FireStick device and you will be able to stream amazing original content available on it.
How to install and stream Yahoo Sports on Apple TV
You have learned how to install and stream Yahoo Sports on Roku (via Android smartphone and Windows PC) and on Amazon Fire TV too, now follow the easy steps below to stream Yahoo Sports on Apple TV:
- Navigate to the Home screen from your Apple TV.
- Open the App Store.
- From that window, click on the Search icon and enter Yahoo Sports.
- From the list of apps displayed, select the Yahoo Sports icon.
- On your Apple TV, tap the Get option to download the Yahoo Sports app.
- After the file has been downloaded, tap the Open button.
- Finally, login using your Yahoo account.
Now, you are ready to stream any Yahoo Sports game on your Apple TV without any restriction.
How to Chromecast Yahoo Sports to TV using Smartphone App
There are two basic ways to cast Yahoo Sports on Chromecast, either by using the smartphone app or using the Chrome browser. Follow the steps below to Chromecast Yahoo Sports to TV using the smartphone app:
- Switch on the Chromecast and connect it to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Ensure you connect your Chromecast and the casting device to the same WiFi network.
- Although the Yahoo Sports app does not have a built-in cast icon, it can be cast to a TV using Chromecast.
- On your Android smartphone, tap the Screen Cast icon.
- Your Chromecast device will be displayed, click on it to cast.
- On the confirmation pop-up, tap the Start Now option.
- Your smartphone will be mirrored to your Chromecast.
- Open the Yahoo Sports app now and play any video, it will be mirrored directly to your TV.
- To stop the mirroring, tap the Screen Cast icon again and click the Disconnect button.
- That’s it! You can stream Yahoo Sports content on your TV seamlessly!
How to Chromecast Yahoo Sports to TV using the Chrome browser
There are two basic ways to cast Yahoo Sports on Chromecast, either by using the smartphone app or using the Chrome browser. Follow the steps below to Chromecast Yahoo Sports to TV using the Chrome browser:
- Open the Chrome browser and navigate to sports.yahoo.com
- Once you open the homepage, click the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the Cast option on the list of options.
- Your Chromecast device will be displayed, tap the Sources drop-down button and select Cast Tab.
- Now, tap on the Chromecast to make the casting.
- Once the casting is successful, select any of the Yahoo Sport videos, they will be cast to your TV via Chromecast.
- In case you want to halt the casting process, tap the Cast icon and click on the Chromecast device.
- That’s it!
Now, you can cast various videos to your Chromecast using any one of the mentioned methods above. With the Yahoo Sports app on your smartphone, you can get news from all the sports sections ranging from football to basketball, to handball, etc.
Yahoo Sports is one of the best applications to get all the sports updates. Since you now have unlimited access to stream the Yahoo Sports app on Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast, and Apple TV. Enjoy amazing sports content on your streaming device without any hassle. Thank you for reading through to the end. Do we hope that you found this article useful? Let’s hear your view in the comment section below.