Your computer or Mac ran into “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.” which limits the characters below 300 characters or 500 characters when you try to paste data across Microsoft applications like Word, Excell, Outlook, OneNote, Teams, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Clipchamp and others without the administrative authorization.
This error is not permanent. You can fix it. And, temporary glitches on this Microsoft software can cause errors stopping you from pasting a certain amount of characters while using the application.
In this article, you will learn how to fix the error causing “your organization’s data cannot be pasted here. only 35 characters are allowed.” on your computer and Mac.
Ways to Fix “Your Organization’s Data Cannot Be Pasted Here” Error in Windows
You may have to take several steps to fix “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.” So, we will discuss several methods to fix the error causing your Microsoft application to limit you from copying, pasting or transferring data on your computer or restricting you from pasting certain number of characterrs to 25, 35 or 300.
Close the App or Restart your computer
The error stopping you from copying, pasting and transferring data on your computer could result from your Microsoft applications lagging or unresponsive. So, you can fix this error when you close the application or restart your computer.
Note: Make sure you save open documents or files so that you will not lose them.
Close the Microsoft App
If you don’t want to restart your computer you can close the app causing the error copying, pasting and transferring data on your computer.
- Right-click on your “Taskbar.”
- Choose “Task Manager.”
- Click on the “Application” under “Processing.”
- Click “End Task” at the bottom right.
Wait for a couple of seconds to close the app. You can reopen it to see whether the error is fixed.
Restart your computer
You can also restart your computer to fix the computer glitch causing the Microsoft app to return your organization’s data cannot be pasted here. only 500 characters are allowed.
- Press the “Windows” button on your computer.
- Click on the “Power” button at the bottom left corner.
- Select “Restart.”
Wait a couple of minutes for your computer to restart completely and see if the error persists.
Close the App or Reboot your macOS Computer
If you are using a macOS computer the steps above will not work for you. So, with the steps below, you can either close the app restricting copying, cutting, pasting or transferring data on your Mac computer.
Close App on macOS
You can either quit the app manually or force quit the app on your macOS.
- Click on your “Apple Menu” at the top left corner.
- Select the “Microsoft app” you want to force quit.
- Click on “Force Quit” at the bottom right corner.
The steps above will force quit the Microsoft app if it’s not responding.
Restart your Mac
You should restart your macOS computer if the Microsoft app is responding only 35 characters are allowed.
Modify the Intune Application Protection Policy
A lot of companies use the Microsoft Intune app Protection policies to protect and safeguard data on computers they give to their employees which may restrict your access as an employee to transfer data from the computer outside the dedicated office work applications. When such protection is turned on, you will get “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.”
However, to fix this issue, you need to modify the company’s Microsoft Intune protection policy stopping you from transferring to allow you to transfer data outside the work applications on the computer. You can also create a different policy on the computer that allows you to manipulate and transfer data from any application on the computer.
- Log into your company or organization’s Microsoft Intune dashboard.
- Click on “Apps” on the left side under “Devices.”
- Scroll to policy and choose “App Protection Policies.”
- Choose an existing policy setting your company has already created and scroll “Data Transfer.”
- Turn off the option to “Restrict cut, copy and paste between other apps” to any app.
Technically, the settings above will allow you to copy, cut or paste characters between apps on your computer and Mac.
Note: If your company hasn’t created any policy yet you keep experiencing “your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.” Then, you should create a new policy to fix the error causing this problem.
To create a new Microsoft Intune protection policy to fix this problem kindly follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your company’s Microsoft Intune Dashboard.
- Click on “Create Policy” on the navigation.
- Click on the “Settings” >> “Data Protection” >>”Data Transfer.”
- Set the restriction option to allow “cut, copy, and transfer data” between any app on your computer.
Once the process above is complete it’s possible to still hook with “your organization’s data cannot be pasted here.” To fix this you need to clear the bytes stored on your computer that returns the error message. Therefore, click on the start button on your computer and choose the option to restart.
Update your Microsoft Office Suite
The more reason why it’s important to stay up-to-date is to be free from all these unseen errors that came from bugs due to outdated packages or software. Updating your Microsoft Office Suit is the only quick fix to only 25 characters are allowed.
- Open the “Office App” on your computer.
- Tap on “Open File” at the top left corner.
- Scroll down and choose “Account.”
- Click on “Office Update” to expand the option and choose “Update Now.”
- You can keep using the application if you are busy with it while the update is downloading in the background section of the app. You will be prompted to save your file and close the app to install the update once the download is completed.
- Click on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Wait until the file is updated. Once the update is complete you can close the update file agent and see whether the message restricting you from copying, pasting, cutting or transferring files from your computer or other app that isn’t associated with your work app is fixed or not.
Make Some Changes and Save the File
You can fix “your organization’s data cannot be pasted here. on macOS.” You can make some changes and save the file to see if the error message will disappear.
- Open a new file from any of your Microsoft apps.
- Edit the file and some little or major changes. You can do this by adding some text or deleting the text from the document.
- If you are using a spreadsheet you can add more cells to make changes.
- Save the file and click “Yes” when prompted.
Long-press your Device Screen
This works for Android users in the long run. If the paste option isn’t working on your Android phone; try to long-press the phone screen and click on the “Paste” button. You should be able to paste the copied text/image on your Android phone.
Note: If you are using the “Google Keyboard” the message “your organization data cannot be pasted here” is a mere suggestion from Gboard. So, long-pressing the screen should allow you to paste the copied item.
Paste it into a Different Document or File
Sometimes you don’t need all the steps above to fix the error. Because the error causing “Your organization’s data cannot be paster here” is file-specific. It may be because the current file isn’t supported so you should consider opening a new file on the Microsoft application, paste the file and see if you can paste the cut, copy or transfer data successfully.
If the action is successful it could mean that the old file or document is corrupt. So, you may choose to duplicate the document and see if you can paste the text in the duplicated files