HBO Max app not working on your Android phone? Do not panic. Here are some possible ways to fix HBO Max not working on Android. We discussed some ways to fix the HBO Max app not working on Samsung Smart TV in our previous post, check out this guide on how to fix the HBO Max app issue on your Samsung TV.
In addition, we also consider how to update the HBO Max app on your Samsung Smart TV. If you miss out on the article, check out this guide on how to update the HBO Max app on Samsung TV.
For Android users, there are various problems that you will likely want to fix. We have analyzed the HBO Max app and find out some ways to fix the HBO Max app stuck on the loading screen or the HBO Max failed to respond or keep crashing.
Before, we proceed, below are some possible HBO Max app problems that can stop the HBO Max app from working on your Android phone.
- HBO Max app crashing.
- HBO Max app stuck on the loading screen.
- HBO Max app can’t play the movie title.
- HBO Max not responding on an Android phone.
- HBO Max can’t play video.
- HBO Max movie volume not working.
All these problems will be solved with the solutions we will provide in this article to help you fix the HBO Max app problems on your Android phone.
HBO Max not Working on Android Phone
The following ways are how to fix the HBO Max not working on phone and how to restore the HBO Max app to normal on your phone.
Restart your Android Phone
The first measure to take when the HBO Max app isn’t responding is to restart your smartphone. This depends on your phone manufacturer. However, in most cases, pressing and holding down your phone power button for about 10 seconds will restart your phone. And on some phones, you need to perform some simple actions like drag and drop to restart your Android.
- Press and hold your Android phone power button for about 2 to 10 seconds.
- Tap on the “Restart” button.
The phone will restart automatically and restore the HBO Max app to normal. This usually works when an app closes often or app crashes unexpectedly.
Clear HBO Max App Cache
Excess cache in the HBO Max app can stop the app from working perfectly. So, here, we will walk you through how to fix the HBO Max app that can’t play video on your Android phone clearing the app cache.
- Swipe down your phone notification tray.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon to the top right.
- Scroll down and choose “Apps.”
- Find and click on the “HBO Max App” from the apps list.
- Tap on “Storage.”
- Tap on “Clear Cache.”
- Tap on “Clear Data.”
Restart your phone and launch the HBO Max app. If this fixes the HBO Max not working on your Android phone, there is no need to try the next fix below. Otherwise, proceed to the next suggestions below.
Update the HBO Max App
If the HBO Max app still stucks on the loading screen or couldn’t play video titles on your Android phone you need to stay updated always. So, we need to make sure the HBO Max app is updated to fix the app not working on your phone.
- Open the Google play store app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “Profile picture” to the top right.
- Tap on “Manage apps & device.
- Choose “Manage” on the navigation.
- Tap on “Available updates.”
- Find and click on the “HBO Max app.”
- Tap on the “Update” tab.
If the HBO Max app not working on your Android is caused by the app version updating the app to the latest version will fix the error.
Uninstall and Reinstall the HBO Max App
Another way to fix the HBO Max app error on Android phones is to uninstall the app and reinstall the app again.
- Go to your apps menu.
- Press and hold the HBO Max app.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” option from the popup.
The HBO Max app will be uninstalled and deleted from your Android phone.
Follow the steps below to download the HBO Max app on your Android phone.
- First, restart your phone Android after you have uninstalled the HBO Max app from your phone.
- Go to your phone apps menu and click on the “Google Play Store” app.
- Type in the search box “HBO Max” and click on the search button.
- Choose “HBO Max” from the popup suggestions.
- Tap on the “Install” button.
Now, open the HBO Max app on your phone after the app has been successfully installed on your phone and check whether the HBO Max app is now working on your Android phone.
Update your Android Phone Firmware
If your phone firmware is outdated it can cause your phone apps to start malfunctioning. So, we recommend you update your Android phone firmware to the latest version.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Scroll down and click on “System.”
- Tap on “Software Update.”
- Click on “Check for Updates” if it doesn’t start automatically.
- Tap on “Install update.”
- Wait for a couple of minutes to download the latest update.
Once the phone firmware update is done your phone will restart automatically and the HBO Max app not working on your phone should be fixed.
Note: Updating your Android phone firmware won’t affect apps on your phone. It will only upgrade the phone firmware and fix all errors causing your phone apps both preinstalled and installed to crash or not responding.
Force to Stop the HBO Max App
If none of the above suggestions helps to the HBO Max app not working on your Android phone you should consider forcing the app to stop working. The HBO Max app possibly stopped working because the app couldn’t run the required task.
This process shut down the HBO Max app completely and will only work when you relaunch the app on your phone. To force start the HBO Max app to clear the app error code follow the steps below.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap on “Apps.”
- Choose the “HBO Max app.”
- Tap on “Force Stop.”
- Choose “Force Stop” from the popup.
Once this is done. Restart the phone and relaunch the HBO Max app to see whether there is a way forward.
Reset App Preferences
Resetting app preference will refresh all apps settings, delete store data, clear the app cache & data, and restore the app to normal. This option works on all installed apps. This implies that the option will affect the HBO Max app and other apps that you have installed on the phone. To fix the HBO Max not working on Android phones follow the steps highlighted below.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap on “Apps.”
- Tap on the 3 dots to the top-right (on all apps screen).
- Choose “Reset app preferences.”
- Tap “Reset” from the popup.
Note that this option will disable apps, disable app notifications, default apps, reset background data for all apps, and reset permission restrictions but will not uninstall your apps or other data on your phone.
HBO Max Server is Down
This is seldom though. But, we also need to find out whether the HBO Max server is down. If the server is down, the HBO Max app will not work until the issue is resolved. To find out whether the issue with the app occurs due to the platform server go to “Downdetector” to confirm the status of the HBO Max in the last 24 hours.
Reset your Android Phone to Fix HBO Max App Crashing
If you want to take how to fix HBO Max not working on Android phones due to errors you can’t point out this is yet another feasible solution. Resetting your phone is more like restoring the phone to factory settings or formatting the phone. All stored data on the phone will be deleted and restored to default settings.
Therefore, before you proceed, you need to back up your phone to an external storage or the cloud for security purposes and to be able to restore it when you are done formatting the device.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on “Backup and Restore” and choose data to backup to your external storage such as MicroSD or HiSuite. Other external sources to back up your phone include “Google” backup cloud.
- Choose “Reset” under “Backup &Restore.”
- Choose “Reset all settings” or “reset network settings” or reset the phone. For this purpose, choose “Reset Phone.” This will erase all data on your phone including your accounts, app data and system settings, installed apps, music, photos, and all files on the internal storage.
- Tap on “Reset Phone.”
- Tap “OK” from the popup.
Now, wait for some minutes and the phone will restart automatically and it will come up freshly with all data and apps erased. Once the apps have been deleted, go back to the apps store and download the HBO Max app. After this, the HBO Max app should be working perfectly.
Based on experience and what we have seen trying to fix the HBO Max app keep crashing or stuck on the loading screen or HBO Max not responding on Android phone, these are the methods we follow to fix all errors related to the “HBO Max not Working.”