It can be really destabilizing, if one day you get to realize all your online interactions has been hacked or tempered with because you failed to update your Orbi CBR750 firmware. In fact, don’t even imagine it, it is not something you wish for anybody.
Now, to avoid such unfortunate scenario, all that’s required from you, is to sit to this article, as it will take you through the step by step process of how you can successfully update your Orbi CBR750 firmware. Stay tuned.
Meanwhile, if you are using the CBR40 version follow the steps in this article to learn how to update the Orbi CBR40 Frimware to the latest updte.
A router is a device that communicates and also serves as a conduit between the internet and the devices in your home that connect to the internet. Just as its name says, it “routes” traffic between the devices and the internet.
Generally speaking, Routers are like a barrier that protects all your WiFi and devices from hackers, but the clause is routers cannot block new threats unless you keep its firmware up to date.
Now, narrowing it down, an Orbi WiFi System is such a system that provides a single WiFi network for your entire home. With an Orbi WiFi System, you have one network name and password, and you don’t need to change networks as you move around your home.
What that means, is that you can receive signals from the signal from any part of your home, without having to carry your router from place to place.
In discussing how to update Orbi CBR750 firmware, we have to mention that the CBR750 firmware is designed such that it can;
- Support Smart Parental Controls (SPC).
- Makes it possible to remove the remote management feature from the router web interface (if disabled at the time of update) to improve router security.
- Fixes security vulnerabilities.
How To Update Orbi CBR750 Firmware
There are two ways to go about the update of your Orbi CBR750 firmware. It is either you do it manually or set it up automatically so it updates itself as at when due with no interferences from you. So here we will be exploring the both ways;
If you opt for the manual update of Orbi CBR750 firmware, here is how you go about it. Start by;
- Downloading the firmware for your Orbi satellite from the NETGEAR Download Center and save it to your desktop/phone storage.
- Click the Manual Update tab.
- The Firmware Update page displays.
- Select the check box next to your satellite’s model name.
- Click the Update button.
- The Orbi satellite Firmware Update window opens.
- If the browser asks you for the admin password, enter the same password you entered for the Orbi router.
- Click the BROWSE button, then locate and select the file that ends in .img or .chk on your desktop.
- Click the UPLOAD button to upload the firmware file.
- It takes a few minutes to complete the process.
- After your Orbi satellite finishes updating, select Status and make sure that the firmware version on the Status page matches the firmware version on the NETGEAR Support page, and with that done, you have been able to successfully update your Orbi CBR750 firmware.
How To Update Orbi CBR750 Firmware Automatically
Now for the automatic update of Orbi CBK43 firmware, everything rises and falls on the ‘Auto-update’ feature which is available in the Orbi router.
What happens is, once you enable the auto-update, a new version of Orbi CBR750 firmware automatically updates itself whenever it is available.
So, to automatically update your Orbi CBK750 firmware, you need to;
- Log in using your administrator password.
- Select Advanced > Security > Schedule.
- Make sure that your time zone is set correctly.
- This is because your automatic update will take place based on the setting of the timezone.
What you must know though, is that automatic updates are best done between 1 am and 4am, for obvious reasons. At least, those are a more convenient time, to update firmwares as compared to the daytime when you could be using Wi-Fi system and then get disrupted because of updates.
How To Fix Orbi CBR750 Firmware not Updating.
If you observe that the automatic update of your Orbi CBR750 firmware is failing, this is what you can do to rectify the issue.
Restart The Orbi Satellite, you do this by;
- Disconnecting the satellite from the power supply by turning off the power socket.
- Now disconnect the power cable and other network cables from it.
- Wait for some minutes.
- Connect the satellite again to the power outlet and turn it on.
- If you have powered off from the power switch at the back, you want to power it on again.
- From there, you login to the Orbi satellite page and check if the router is working or not.
- Place the satellite close to the router: You need to make sure that the router and the satellite are placed closed to each other. This will help in receiving the proper signal strength on the satellite and you can perform the update easily.
- Check the wireless connectivity; Of course, this is could be a legit reason why automatic update is not happening. So, you can check the current status of your network online by entering the speedtest link in the web browser.
- NOTE: If you are getting improper or less speed of the internet at home, then restart all the network devices and perform the speed test again.
Things You Need To Know Before You Update Orbi CBR750 Firmware
- It is advised that you update the firmware on Orbi satellite before updating on Orbi router.
- Updating both firmwares at once is not safe for your Orbi WiFi system, so do it one after the other.
- Connect your computer to the Orbi network using Ethernet cable instead of WiFi. You are suggested to do so to avoid corruption in the firmware file. If your connection to the network breaks during the download or upload process, firmware corrupts and you will not be able to update.
- Try not to forget updating the router after updating the satellite. Also make sure that both router and satellite run the same version of firmware. If you forgetting updating router, you will see the issues coming while using Orbi network.
So there goes how to update Orbi CBR750 firmware. We hope you found this article enlightening and helpful.