You no longer need a cable to watch ESPN at home or at offices because the new development now allows users to watch ESPN without a cable. So, whether you have cable or not, nothing stops you from streaming your favourite ESPN including sports, movies, live TV shows, events, and a lot more. So, in this guide, we will consider how to watch ESPN without cable and how to watch ESPN for free.
ESPN is a service caught across all devices including Roku, Apple TV, Samsung smart TV, LG TV, Firestick, and many more. However, the feature to watch the ESPN service without cable bolsters the service’s popularity by more than 100%.
So, if you have been struggling with how to watch ESPN for free without a cable on Roku and other streaming devices this article will walk you through the prerequisite and all that you need to know.
How to Watch ESPN for Free?
Can you watch ESPN for free? It could be hard to believe that it’s possible to watch ESPN for free because the service is a paid service. But, it’s possible.
However, when you want to watch ESPN for free you’d have to beckon on a 3rd party service that office a free trial to enjoy ESPN on your device for almost free.
Below are the 3rd-party services that can be used to stream ESPN without cable for free.
- fuboTV free trial
- Hulu with Live TV free trial
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
These services offer varieties of free trials that can allow you to watch any ESPN program for free pending when these trials are active.
Now, we will walk you through the process to get a free trial account from these services to enjoy ESPN for free.
Note: You will be charged after your free trial access expires.
How to Start fuboTV Free Trial
Follow the steps below to get your fuboTV free trial if you want to learn how to watch ESPN without cable. fuboTV offers a seven-day free trial after which you will be prompted to subscribe to the service. After this period, your access to free ESPN will be abolished unless you upgrade from a free trial to paid service. With that said, you can follow the steps below to get your fuboTV free trial to enjoy free ESPN without cable.
- Go to the fuboTV official homepage
- Click on “Start Free Trial” to the top right [on desktop].
- You will be taken to fubo.tv/signup page.
- Enter your email address and password under “Create Account” and click on the “Continue” button.
- Choose your fuboTV plan. Don’t worry you won’t be charged yet but to prepare you that you will be charged after the free trial you need to choose a plan.
- To enjoy a fuboTV free trial choose “Elite Plan.” The other plans that you can choose between are an essential or premium plan BUT they are without a free trial. You can choose to make your payment monthly or quarterly or annually.
- Here is the trick to using the fuboTV free trial bypassing the essentials and premium plans. While on the plans interface you need to skip it and click on “Checkout.”
- Enter your credit or debit card information, name, billing zip code, check I have read and agreed to fuboTV terms and conditions and click on “Start Free Trial.”
- You can start streaming fuboTV on all devices that support the app installation pending when your free trial will expire.
How to Get Hulu Free Trial
Hulu offers 30-day free trial without spending a dime. Within this period you can watch and enjoy ESPN without cable. Hulu’s free trial lasts for 7 days, unlike the fuboTV free trial where you only enjoy 7 days free trial.
Therefore, follow the steps below as part of how to watch ESPN without cable or how you can watch ESPN for free.
- Go to the “Hulu” official website on a web browser.
- Choose “Sign up for Hulu only” under “Get the Disney Bundle.”
- You will be taken to the signup page. To enjoy a free trial choose either Hulu (No Ads) or Hulu on the signup page.
- Create your Hulu account by providing your name, gender, and date of birth, and click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter your card details and confirm your subscription. You will not be charged during the free trial period and you can cancel at any time.
Recommended: How to cancel Hulu free trial
How to Watch ESPN without Cable on Hulu
You can watch ESPN on the Hulu app with Hulu free trial. Therefore, I will walk you through how to watch ESPN without cable on the Hulu app.
- Go to the official Hulu website and sign in to your account. Make sure that you have already signed up for the Hulu free trial.
- Navigate to “Partner add-ons” and search for “ESPN Plus.”
- Click on the “+” symbol
- Review the changes that you made to make sure that you selected the right ESPN service.
- Fire up the Hulu app on your device (Android or iPhone) and other streaming devices that the Hulu service is supported.
- Go to the partner add-ons section and open “ESPN.”
That is all. You don’t necessarily need to download and install the ESPN+ app on your streaming and smart device to use it. You can accomplish this through a 3rd-party service like Hulu.
How to Watch ESPN without Cable on YouTube TV
Another service you can snap to watch ESPN for free without cable is YouTube TV. The YouTube TV service costs around $64.99 per month and offers free access to ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ESPNews, and SEC Network.
Recommended: How to Activate YouTube Kids.
Now, we will walk you through the steps to take to get YouTube TV free trial and watch ESPN without cable for free.
- Go to tv.youtube.com on a web browser.
- Click on “Try it Free”
- Sign into your Gmail account if you haven’t done that already.
- Fill in your personal information such as zip code, location, and others. If your home zip code is not correct choose “I don’t live here” and manually enter your zip code.
- Review the YouTube TV plan and the membership fee.
- Now, select any premium service of your choice including ESPN to the YouTube TV Base Plan and hit the “Next” button.
- Provide your credit card details that you want YouTube to charge after the free trial.
- Click on the “Buy” button to initiate your subscription.
To start watching ESPN on your YouTube TV free trial you only need to sign into your YouTube TV account and click on ESPN to explore the service.
Meanwhile, there is no commitment to using YouTube TV. You can cancel your free trial before the end of the trial period. Meanwhile, after the trial period, you will be charged. But to stop YouTube from charging you ensure you follow the procedures below to cancel your free trial.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Membership
YouTube TV will charge you after your free trial to continue with the service. But if you do not want YouTube to charge you after the free trial you must cancel your membership subscription before the end of the free trial. So, following the steps below will help you to cancel your YouTube TV free trial.
- Go to tv.youtube.com and sign into your account.
- Click on your “Profile” picture.
- Select “Settings.”
- Click on the “Membership” tab.
- Tap “Manage.”
- Click on “Cancel
How to watch ESPN without cable for free is quite cumbersome but with this, you should be able to watch your favourite ESPN service for free.