What is the function of the Samsung fridge filter reset indicator light and how do you take the best out of this indicator?
Generally, your Samsung water filter should last for close to six months before a replacement is required. However, you don’t need to panic if yours lasts for 3 to 4 months. Probably your filter indicator light changed the display from orange to red too soon. However, there is a reason for that.
One thing you need to be aware of before we proceed to the Samsung fridge filter reset procedures is that the filter indicator light changes the colour from Blue -> orange and then to red based on the type of water passing through the filter and the quantity.
A good explanation for the statement above is this; the water indicator turns orange after five months of usage or trapping specks of dirt from 450 gallons.
However, if the water is hard it might take 3 or 4 months or less than 450 gallons of water for it to turn red.
Anyway, this shouldn’t be a fuss, since you can perform a Samsung fridge filter reset to resolve it. However, it has a disadvantage which I will be exposed it later in this article.
That said, let’s break down why you have to change it and how you can perform a Samsung fridge filter reset.
Why Perform a Samsung Fridge Filter reset
It is obvious that you are here to figure out how to perform a Samsung fridge filter reset. However, there are a few things you have to keep in mind
If your Samsung filter is in a good working state, its water filter will display a blue or green hue light based on the installed model.
But if the filter has been in the water for 5 months or it has trapped specks of dirt from 450 gallons of water, the colour will change from blue/green hue to orange/pink.
But when it gets to the sixth month or after it has used 500 gallons of water, the color will change from orange/pink to red light.
Recommended: [Quick-Fix] – Is your Fridge leaking water?
At this juncture, it is time to replace the water filter.
Now, why do you have to give a fuss about changing it?
If you keep waiting without replacing the water filter, you will keep seeing particles in your water. I’m sure that might not be a pleasant experience.
Apart from following the 5 months/5000 gallons time gap, if the water passing through the fridge contains too much limescale, you might start seeing red light after 4 months.
But in some cases, a reset will do the job.
That aside, One thing you have to be aware of is that the water filter blocks contaminants from passing through the pipes into your drinking water.
If the water filter indicator starts to display a red light, it means the water filter is less effective due to the excessive dirt it has trapped.
If you ignore this, the trapped contaminants can pass through into your drinking water, making it unsafe and dirty unless you replace your water filter.
However, replacing the water filter can stop impurities from seeping into the water but it might not change the water indicator red light.
If you are experiencing this, you should perform a Samsung fridge filter indicator reset.
You don’t need to panic as I will be breaking down how you can do that with different models of Samsung fridges.
Samsung Fridge Filter Reset light – Steps For model RF28K9070SR
If you own a RF28K9070SR model. There is a proven way you can reset the water indicator light.
Follow the steps below
- Locate the control panel of your Samsung fridge
- Press and hold down the Ice-Maker button for 3 seconds
- After doing that, the filter indicator will be reset
However, if there seems to be no positive result from that check here
Samsung Fridge Filter Reset – French Door model RF260/BEAESR/AA
To reset this model you have to follow the instruction below
- First, turn off the alarm by long pressing the ALARM/HOLD button for 3 seconds
- Doing this will disable the alarm once on the interior controls units.
- If yours is similar to disc sync (exterior control) you will have to press and hold down the FRIDGE+POWER COOL button for 3 seconds.
Samsung Fridge Filter Reset Light For model DA29-00003G
If you own a DA29-00003G model of Samsung fridge follow the steps below to reset the water indicator light
- Press the ALARM/HOLD button for three seconds.
- After doing that, the refrigerator filter replacement warning light will reset itself.
Samsung Fridge Filter Reset Light For model RF23J9011SG/AA
If you own an RF23J911SG/AA Samsung refrigerator model, follow the steps below
- First and foremost, press and hold the “CRUSHED ICE” button for three seconds
- After doing that the warning coming from the water filter indicator will be cleared
Samsung Fridge Filter Reset Light For model RF24R7201SR/AA
For users of the Samsung Fridge RF24R7201SR/AA model, follow the steps below to reset the warning from the water filter indicator
- Press the Filter Reset button for 3 seconds
- Once you do this, the filter reset indicator will go off.
However, doing a filter reset won’t go against the current state of your water filter. if it needs a replacement the filter reset light will be illuminated
Samsung Fridge Filter Reset Light For model RF263BEAESR
If your RF263BEAESR Samsung refrigerator water filter won’t reset. Follow the steps below:
- Touch and hold down the ICE TYPE/WATER button for 3 seconds.
- Now, release the button.
- After doing that, touch the FRESHENER light 7 times within 15 seconds.
- Once you do all that the filter indicator light will blink once.
Samsung Fridge Filter Reset Light For model RF23J9011SR
If your Samsung refrigerator RF23J9011SR water filter is not functioning or maybe you are seeing a red light when it is still too soon. then it might be an error that you can reset if you follow the instructions below
- Reset this error by holding the “Crushed/Hold” button and the “Normal Dispense” button together for 3 seconds.
Samsung Fridge Filter Light Reset for Model RF23J9011SG/AA
If you own an RF23J9011SG/AA model follow the steps below to reset yours:
- Press and hold down the CRUSHED/HOLD button for 3 seconds
- After doing this the water filter indicator should be rest changing its colour to OFF
Samsung Fridge Filter Light Reset for Model RF260/BEAESR/AA
For users of RF260/BEAESR/AA fridge with a french door design, here is how you can reset yours;
- First, install a new water filter
- After doing that, press and hold down the ALARM/HOLD option for 3 seconds.
- Once the light changes from Red to OFF it has been reset
After following the steps listed above you should be able to change the red light on your water filter indicator to OFF. However, if you follow all the steps listed above and the light isn’t changing here are a few things you should try next
- Inspect the buttons to see f any are locked in
NB: To unlock the button you can check through the user manual.
- Another thing you want to check is whether the filter is seating correctly.
Issues with Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter Replacement
There aren’t soo many issues you can face with the water filter replacement as long as you get the correct model and brand.
However, the issue you might face is the New replacement model not fitting into the filter compartment.
In hindsight what this means is that getting the correct model and brand for the water filter is paramount.
How do you Reset a Refrigerator after Changing the Filter?
The procedure varies based on your model.
After you’ve replaced the water filter, below are the various steps you have to take
- Press and hold down the FILTER RESET button, the “WATER FILTER” button or the “ICE/WATER” depending on which one is available for 3 seconds.
If you want to reset the whole Samsung fridge check this post.
following all the steps highlighted above should be able to will help you figure out the Samsung fridge filter reset procedure based on the Samsung model you are using.
Now, if you have tried all these with no positive result, the first thing you should inspect is whether the keys are locked. Once you unlock it, repeat the process.
If after doing that you have figured out your way around that, contact Samsung customer support.