To screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi is quite straightforward. All you need is the latest version of the iPhone, a streaming device like Roku TV, Chromecast, or Amazon Fire Stick. However, for this guide, we’d be using a Roku TV. You don’t need expensive hardware or cables to screen mirror your iOS device to your TV.
You can also download the AirBeamTV app to screen mirror iPhone to Roku TV, without Wifi. Learn how to screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi, to get a larger display for optimum viewing. This feature is perfect and useful if you are a student, professional, or someone who just wants to see their friends’ reactions live on a TikTok over video chat or it could be a Zoom meeting platform.
The major variation between Roku TV and other smart TVs is that Roku TVs use technology from Roku streaming media players. In other words, Roku-powered smart TVs use the exact OS platform as its streaming media players, which allows users to download the same streaming apps and channels without any hassle.
Although screen mirroring and casting are often used conversely, they are quite different. The variation lies in the mechanism by which the content is being transmitted to the big screen. Screen mirroring involves sending what is on your computer, tablet, or phone screen to a TV screen or projector through a cable or wireless connection. Casting on the other hand involves receiving online content via a digital media player like VLC to a TV, projector, or monitor via a wireless connection.
I hope you are getting the breakdown of the whole process gradually. Screen mirroring is also known as screen sharing. iPhones generally work with their wireless display technology known as the AirPlay. The most significant benefit of Airplay technology is that it allows you to run videos, music, photos, and other content from your Apple Mobile on your smart TV.
A Wifi connection is not necessary for every screen mirroring task, do not get confused! In case you wish to display content stored on your mobile, like, photos, documents, presentations, etc., you don’t need the support of any internet connection.
Although, if you want to view online content or access online video streaming services on your TV, you need an internet connection. However, a Wifi connection is not the only way via which you can view your preferred iPhone content on your TV. There are other methods to screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi, like using additional cables and wires, this will give you the same result.
Since we are screen mirroring iPhone to a TV that does not have a Wifi built-in. For this article, we are using a Roku TV without Wifi and we are going to Mirror iPhone Screen to Roku TV without Wifi in it. Isn’t that fantastic! However, for this post, our major discussion is on how to screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi using additional cables and wires. Read on to get the main gist.
How to Screen Mirror from iPhone to Roku TV
Here are the general steps involved in screen mirroring iPhone to a Roku TV, follow the steps below carefully:
- Ensure your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is connected to the same Wifi network linked with your Roku TV.
- Navigate to Settings >> System >> Screen Mirroring on your Roku TV.
- Under the Screen mirroring mode, ensure that either Prompt or Always allow is clicked, this is indicated by a checkmark.
- Now download the Roku app from the App Store.
- Immediately a device is found, click on the device to connect.
- That’s it!
Kindly note that these steps involve wireless connection and this is just the general way of screen mirroring from an iPhone to a Roku TV.
How To Screen Mirror from iPhone to Roku TV Without WiFi
In case you don’t have a reliable or fast WiFi connection, then you can screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV by following the steps below:
By Using the Apple Peer To Peer Airplay Feature
You can use the Apple peer-to-peer feature to screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV without WiFi. This feature is quite useful, especially when you want to screen share without a WiFi connection. Note that this feature is also available on Fourth Generation Apple TV or Third Generation Apple TV Rev A.
The third-generation Rev A operates on Apple TV software 7.0 or later. In addition, you can use this feature only if you have an iOS 12 or a recent model. This feature does not work for an older iOS device. Use the steps below to screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV with the Peer to Peer Airplay feature:
- Disconnect your Roku TV and iPhone from any other WiFi network (Note that the peer-to-peer feature won’t function if your devices are connected to any WiFi network)
- On Roku TV, navigate to the Settings option and disable the WiFi connection via the Network Settings.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings folder and tap on the “Forget Network” button located in the Network Settings folder.
- Connect both of your devices to Bluetooth (As a wireless feature, the peer-to-peer feature requires Bluetooth to communicate with each other).
- The Bluetooth feature is usually on the TV (Ensure it is working on the iOS device).
- You can turn on the WiFi on your iPhone. Even though you are not going to use the WiFi connection, this feature will only enhance communication between the two devices.
- The AirPlay controls will be displayed with a screen mirroring option on your iPhone’s control center. In case the option doesn’t appear, then you will have to move your devices closer together (If moving it closer doesn’t work, then you will need to restart your iOS device).
- Tap on the screen mirroring button, and your Roku TV will be among the list of displayed devices.
- A password/passcode will be displayed on your TV screen. Enter this password on your iPhone to begin the connection.
By Connecting Apple Lightning Connector To HDMI Port
Here’s another method to screen mirror iPhone to Roku TV. This method involves connecting an Apple Lightning connector cable to the HDMI port. This process is quite simple, and you will instantly get the desired result. The Apple Lightning connector will automatically connect your iPhone to your Roku TV via its bottom part and an HDMI cable. Follow the steps below:
- Begin by connecting one of the ports with your iPhone.
- Afterward, insert the HDMI cable into your TV and plug it in the Apple Lightning Connector, and the contents of your device will be instantly screen mirrored on your TV.
- Just like that!
Kindly note that this method can be used on other TV screens and this is not limited to an Apple TV. To halt this process, all you have to do is disconnect the cables. You can also perform this method by even using other connector cables. However, to get the best results, it is recommended you stick to the Apple Lightning Connector.
To screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi is completely free and easy with the few steps listed above. Roku Express supports AirPlay, so no third-party apps are required to screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV. Some years ago, who would have imagined that using a mobile phone will control our TV screens one day instead of a remote? However, Apple has turned this imaginary situation into a reality today with its smart and multi-purpose iPhone models.
I hope this post has helped you to screen mirror from iPhone to Roku TV without Wifi. Enjoy your TV time with the iPhone’s screen sharing feature. Let’s hear from you by stating your observation and suggestions in the comment section below. Thanks for reading thus far, and stay tuned for more educative articles.