hSo, I finally decide to install AppLock on my Android phone as the best app lock for an Android phone. It’s down to earth that I did at last. I don’t want to say you are making a big mistake when you don’t secure access to your using a certain security measure. It could be with the use of a password, fingerprint or pattern. At times, it could even be a Face ID just like you seen on iPhone x.
But, what after you have locked your phone using password, pattern, fingerprint, and voice recognition the third party still have an access to your phone because they know the password or have a fingerprint scanning access. Meanwhile, there is an app that can override other security measures that will only give you a single password to protect your phone called App lock Android app.
App lock helps me to lock down my Android phone and restrict all unauthorized access to it. That sounds great like? Here I’m going to give a blunt review of app lock for Android phones by DoMobile Lab and how I have been able to use it to control access to my phone files.
It’s not a doubt that security measure on Android phones has taken a new phase of its existence such that you can do so many things on your own. Even with Google voice recognition, you can unlock your phone when it’s locked but a smart person can clone your voice to unlock your phone. But with our selection of best app lock for Android phones will have 100% control on your phone folders and make sure everybody but you get restricted access.
When you use a smart app to lock down your phone so that people will not get direct access you enjoy it and your mind will be at peace.
Table of Contents
What is AppLock Android App?
It’s good to be security conscious and that is what App lock is all about. The DoMobile Lab app, “App Lock” helps to create additional security measure on your Android phone so that you can lock your folders, movies, apps, music, documents, and phone access with a unique password different from your phone security.
When you download app lock app on your windows phone and Android phone you take the security measure plus 1 before you even configure the app. I have tested this app on Infinix Note 3, Hot Note 3 and currently using it on a Samsung phone.
In a nutshell, AppLock is an Android app to create a unique password to lock down all your phone apps, restrict access from people who try to access your gallery, place those that wanted to see your picture behind the firewall without permission, control what your phone users see, and of course, create a one time password that will serve as a master key that will be personal known to you and those you choose to tell.
In addition, AppLock also locks down your messengers such as WhatsApp, Facebook, SnapChat, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, at the rest of them with a unique password of your choice. Only people with the password will be able to access these apps otherwise they will be locked out.
How to Install AppLock For Android Phone
There are three papular ways to install apps on Android phone. You can directly from Google play store on your Android phone, you can download and install directly from your PC to your Android phone, and finally, you can download app lock APK file and install it.
However, below is how to download and install app lock on Android phones.
1. Open your Google Play Store on your Android phone
2. Search for “AppLock” by DoMobile Lab without a quote
3. Click on the app to Install it on your phone
4. After that, you should see App Lock icon on your phone desktop as well as on your phone app menu.
Note: The quickest way to launch app lock on your Android phone is type applock://open on your browser and click search. This windows command will launch app lock on your phone.
AppLock://open is a short command to run App Lock for PC from the developer end. However, this applock://open is now regarded as the fastest means to access your app lock app for Android phones when you have too many apps on your phone and couldn’t find the app icon for configuration after you have successfully installed the best app lock for Android phones.
How to Download And Install App Lock APK
For some reasons, you may choose to download and install the APK version of this recommended best app locker for Android phones.
Follow the steps below you will be able to install App Lock APK on your phone. All you need is just 3 steps down the lane to achieve that.
1. Visit APK websites such as APKmirror, APKbrain, Aptoide, APKPure, and Mobilism to search for App Lock. The file there would be an APK file.
2. Download the APK file. Your phone will pop up a notification that the app may harm your phone. Never mind click continue to download the app.
3. To install the app, click on your Android phone settings and go to security option on the interface.
4. Toggle to enable install from unknown sources. Once you have done this then go back to the app lock you downloaded and install it. The app will install successfully.
How to Protect Folders, Apps, Gallery, Messengers, And Contact With AppLock
Welcome to the year 2017 where things are done very fast. And where security around the world is yet another significant role. However, to maximize your security measure on your Android phone here is how to use AppLock to your advantage.
1. Locate App Lock from your phone app menu and click to launch it. For the first time, you will be asked to create a lock pattern and enter a recovery email in case you forgot your master’s password and then click save, it’s just 3 steps away from the app configuration.
2. You will be welcome with previous AppLock version such as v2.31, v2.30, v2.20, v2.16, v2.15, v2.10, v1.99, v1.98.6, v1.98.1 till you get to version 1.8 which happens to be the first App Lock version.
3. Click on the more option to the upper right and click on settings and toggle all icons to turn green except “quick lock switch”. This will enable you to protect and lock apps and gallery information.
4. Click on the app you want to lock and protect. AppLock app will pop up a notification to allow the app to lock your app then click Permit.
4. A new window will pop up. Toggle the icon from grey to green by click allow from the popup. Now press the back button to go to App Lock app interface.
5. Now start clicking on the apps you want to lock and restrict unauthorized access from. Instantly, the grey unlocked key will change to a locked green icon which means the selected apps and phone features are locked.
6. Navigate to protect and click on unlock settings. This is where to change your unlock settings from pattern to password and vice versa.
7. Click on password option to create a lock password for all your apps on App Lock and click on tick icon below zero on your Android phone.
8. Still, on the password interface, enter your password recovery hint and tick random keyboard to disguise your lock password to intruders.
Congratulations you have successfully set up App Lock completely on your Android phone. We call this app best AppLock for an Android phone because of the magic feature.
The magic feature can be used to hide apps lock on Android phone home screen and app menu. Go to protect and click on magic below general option to unleash the hidden feature and then click on hide AppLock from home.
Do you love this app? Is this you best App Lock for Android phones? Please share your experience using the comment section.