Walmart.com has been my favourite store to shop online over the likes of Amazon and eBay. But, does Walmart take Apple Pay as my payment method? You would expect Walmart to accept Apple Pay directly on your iPhone and iPad to complete your online payment on Walmart so that you can pay with Apple pay on your iPhone/iPad.
However, here in this guide, I’ll equip you will alternative means to complete your transaction on Walmart since Walmart does not accept Apple Pay.
It’s quite disheartening that Apple Pay does not work on Walmart to pay for your goods and services. In that wise, what payment method does Walmart accept? How do I make Walmart payment without Apple Pay?
All these questions and related questions to why Walmart does not take Apple Pay or accept Apple Pay as a means of payment will be digested in this guide.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a payment platform for iOS users to complete transactions on Apple devices. Apple Pay allows users to use Apple phone to complete transactions rather than walking to the store to make payment. However, to use Apple Pay, you will be required to set up Apple security such as Touch ID or Face ID.
Using Apple phone places you ahead of other users to make payments on portals that accept Apple Pay. Apple Pay is one of the few mobile payments with major credit to make payment online. Other mobile payments like Walmart app, Android Pay, etc supports varieties of stores to make a mobile payment.
You can link as much major credit card as many to your Apple Pay and choose from to complete your online transactions on your iPhone.
Apple Pay How to Use?
You can download Apple pay directly from the Apple store and set up your Touch ID to complete transactions online.
- Download or update to the latest Apple Pay from the Apple app store.
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the “Continue” tab.
- Take the credit card you want to use with the Apple Pay.
- Force your iPhone camera on the card number.
- The card number written on your iPhone will be pulled by your phone camera.
- Tap “Next” to confirm.
- Enter the “CVV” at the back of your card.
- Tap “Next”.
- Agree to the terms and condition of your credit card.
The scanned card number and CVV will be added to your iPhone wallet to complete your transactions.
Why Walmart Does not Take Apple Pay?
Walmart has a payment platform called Walmart Pay that Walmart wants to make popular and want people to download and use. Meanwhile, there is no official statement that Walmart does not accept Apple Pay. But, with Walmart Pay own system, it’ll be easy to track users data and help customers to track purchase history without the help of a third-party system than to accept Apple Pay mobile payment.
Also using Apple Pay mobile payment to make payments on Walmart app amount to relying on Apple to provide users and customers information that use the Apple Pay platform to make payments on Walmart.
Also, if Walmart takes Apple Pay as a payment option, it might cost Walmart to maintain the service. But, who can ever tell other reasons why Walmart does not take Apple Pay?
Does this mean that if you have to purchase on Walmart on iPhone you’d need to stick to Walmart pay or using Walmart gift card? Find out below.
How to Setup Walmart Pay App on an iPhone?
You’d want to ask that since Walmart does not accept Apple Pay is there a need to patronize Walmart.com to buy from the website? Well, the response is “YES”. Because Apple allows you to set up your favourite payment method which implies that you can set up Walmart Pay on your iPhone since Walmart does not take Apple Pay directly to checkout on Walmart.
- Go to Apple Store on your iPhone.
- Search for “Walmart Pay” and click on the “Get” button.
- Download and install the “Walmart App” on your iPhone.
- Open the app and click on “Account”.
- Sign in to your “Walmart.com” account.
- Click on the “Payment methods” option.
- Add your “Walmart Payment” information.
- Set up your passcode on your iPhone phone. You can set up a face ID or touch ID.
Now, when next you want to check out on your iPhone shopping on Walmart you will have an option to use the Walmart Pay instead of the Apple Pay app which Walmart does not accept officially.
How to Make Walmart Checkout on iPhone
The explanation above fully told you that Walmart does not take Apple Pay as a payment method. And, that is why we decided to set up Walmart pay on your iPhone. Now, how do you make Walmart checkout on iPhone?
- Press and hold the “Walmart App” on your iPhone screen.
- Select “Walmart Pay” from the pop up that appears.
- Unlock your payment option with the passcode you set up from above.
- Now, you will need to scan the QR Code to complete the transaction.
- That is all.
If you are looking for an alternative way to make Walmart check out on your iPhone since Walmart does not take Apple ay you should consider going to service >> Walmart pay to activate the Walmart pay on your iPhone. You can also use Walmart gift card.
Does Walmart Take Apple Pay?
If you have been waiting for how to use Apple pay to checkout on Walmart I think I have a solution for you [found on Reddit]. Also, a lot of people do not agree with this though but it does work. But, with the app store app called “Ibotta“, you have little to worry about and even cashback on your spending.
The straight answer to “Does Walmart take Apple Pay” is “NO” to some but with “Ibotta”, we can say a “YES”. The thing is with the help of “Ibotta” you can use Apple pay to checkout on Walmart.
- Go to Apple app store to download and install Ibotta.
- At Walmart checkout open “Ibotta cashback app”.
- Enter the “total amount to pay”.
- Choose pay with credit or debit card.
- Under the payment method choose “Apple Pay”
Follow the instruction on the screen to complete the checkout. Meanwhile, as I said earlier, this method poses some threat and a lot of people do not believe it. So, if you doubt it, kindly stick to using Walmart pay to check out.
Where is Apple pay accepted?
Just because Walmart does not accept Apple Pay or gift cards from Apple Pay it doesn’t mean that there are no other sites where you can use the Apple Pay for apps to make payment.
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Apple (of course)
- Babies “R” Us
- Barneys New York
- Best Buy
- Big Lots*
- Champs Sports
- Crate and Barrel
- Disney Store
- Foot Locker
- Forever 21*
- Free People*
- House of Hoops
- Kids Foot Locker
- Lady Foot Locker
- Office Depot
- Pep Boys
- Run by Foot Locker
- Sports Authority
- Toys “R” Us
- Ulta Beauty*
- Unleashed by Petco
- Urban Outfitters*
Fast food places and quick-service restaurants that accept Apple Pay:
- Au Bon Pain*
- Coca-Cola vending
- El Pollo Loco*
- Firehouse Subs
- Jamba Juice
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Jersey Mike’s Subs
- Johnny Rockets*
- Panera Bread
- Peet’s Coffee
- White Castle
Grocery stores and drug stores that accept Apple Pay:
- Acme Markets
- Cub Foods
- Dan’s Fresh Market
- Davis Food & Drug
- Dick’s Fresh Market
- Duane Reade
- Farm Fresh Food & Pharmacy
- Harveys Supermarket
- Lin’s Fresh Market
- Save Mart Supermarkets
- Shop ‘n Save
- Shoppers Food & Pharmacy
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Star Market
- Stater Bros.
- Trader Joe’s
- United Supermarkets
- Whole Foods Market
Gas stations that accept Apple Pay
- Chevron Extra Mile
- ExxonMobil (through the Speedpass+ app)
Entertainment and travel businesses that accept Apple Pay:
- Carmike Cinemas*
- Golden State Warriors
- Orlando Magic
- Phoenix Suns
- Regal Cinemas*
- Renaissance Hotels*
- Walt Disney World
Banks that accept Apple Pay:
List of banks that accept Apple Pay in Canada.
- 1st Choice Savings
- Access Credit Union
- Affinity Credit Union
- American Express
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch – Commercial Cards
- Bank of Montreal (Interac debit cards, Mastercard credit cards)
- Brim Financial Inc.
- Cambrian Credit Union Limited
- Canadian Tire (Mastercard credit cards)
- Chinook Financial
- CIBC (Interac debit cards, Mastercard and Visa credit cards)
- Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
- Collabria Financial Services, Inc
- Conexus Credit Union
- Copperfin Credit Union
- Cornerstone Credit Union
- Envision Financial, a division of First West Credit Union
- First Calgary Financial
- Foam Lake Savings & Credit Union
- HSBC (Mastercard credit cards)
- Innovation Credit Union
- Interior Savings Credit Union
- Island Savings, a division of First West Credit Union
- Kingston Community Credit Union
- Libro Credit Union
- Luseland Credit Union Limited
- Macklin Credit Union
- Mainstreet Credit Union
- Mountain View Financial
- National Bank of Canada
- PenFinancial Credit Union
- President’s Choice (Mastercard credit cards)
- Prospera Credit Union
- RBC – Royal Bank of Canada (Interac debit cards, Mastercard and Visa credit cards)
- Scotiabank (American Express credit cards, Interac debit cards, Visa credit and prepaid cards)
- Servus Credit Union
- Steinbach Credit Union
- Synergy Credit Union
- Tandia Financial Credit Union
- TD (Interac debit cards, Visa credit cards)
- Unity Credit Union
- Valley First – Enderby, a division of First West Credit Union
- Westminster Savings Credit Union
The list changes with time. For a complete list refer to Apple’s official list on their web portal to confirm whether you can use your card.
Apps that accept Apple Pay:
- Best Buy
- Cole Haan
- Disney Store
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Hotel Tonight
- Jack Threads
- Levi’s Stadium
- Panera Bread
- Social Print Studio
- Ulta Beauty
Does Walmart take Apple Pay? Let us have your opinion.