You have been receiving walkie-talkie invites, and you are not very sure about the steps to take to accept walkie-talkie invites since the walkie-talkie app on the smartwatch is a pretty new application then you need to focus your attention on this article on how you can easily accept your walkie-talkie invite.
You might have even been wandering about what the walkie-talkie app is all about; well, according to Apple, the Walkie-talkie is a new easy, and fun way to connect with your family and friends as long as they also have the Apple smartwatch.
The Walkie-talkie app came along with the WatchOS update, and it allows you to connect with other Apple Watch users as long as you both have the WatchOS 5 version or higher.
The only primary requirement to use the Walkie-talkie app is for your smartwatch to be connected to a stable cellular or wifi internet connection.
You can learn how to accept Walkie-talkie invites by reading the article’s next section.
How to Accept Walkie-Talkie Invites
So your friend or family member who, like you, uses an Apple watch informs you that they sent a walkie-talkie invite to your smartwatch, or you probably got notified that you have a walkie-talkie invite, and you are not sure how to proceed to accept walkie-talkie invites.
Well, you do not have to worry, as you can accept walkie-talkie invites by following the instructions below.
- If you were on your Watch when the Walkie-talkie invite notification popped in, you only have to click the always allow button to accept the invite and begin the conversation.
- If you missed the walkie-talkie invite, all you have to do is swipe down to access the notification center, and then look for the walkie-talkie notification, tap on it and click on the always allow button.
Once you have clicked on the always allow button, you can begin to have real-time conversations with the person that sent you the invite.
You can also open the Walkie-talkie app to see invites you might have missed, which you can then accept.
You can also learn How to Fix Apple Watch Not Swiping Up.
How to Add People to the Walkie-Talkie App
If you have family and friends that use the Apple watch and you’d like to be able to communicate with them using the walkie-talkie app.
You can add them to your Walkie-talkie by following the instructions below.
- Launch the Walkie-talkie app on your Apple watch.
- Then click on add friends and select choose a contact.
- Then select the contact of the person you wish to connect with, and the contact card will turn gray and move to the friends you’ve invited section.
- Once your friend accepts your invitation, the contact card will turn yellow, and you can instantly begin communicating with them.
How to Remove People From the Walkie-Talkie App
You have already added someone to your Walkie-talkie app and probably even had a couple of conversations with them, but you no longer want them on your list and are looking for how to remove them.
You can remove someone from your Walkie-talkie friend list by following the instructions below.
- Open the walkie-talkie app.
- Then go to the contact of the person you want to remove and swipe left.
- Then click on the delete button.
You can also remove them using the Apple Watch app on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select walkie-talkie.
- Then go to the contact you want to remove and click edit.
- Then click on the minus button and select remove.
Once you do this, the person will no longer be able to communicate with you on the Walkie-talkie app.
How to Use Walkie-Talkie to Start a Conversation
Once you have been able to accept walkie-talkie invites, or your friend accepted your invite. You can begin a conversation on Walkie-talkie by following the instructions below.
- Open the Walkie-talkie app on your Apple watch.
- Then click on the friend you’d like to converse with.
- Then touch and hold the talk button and begin to talk.
- If you see connecting on your watch screen, it means the walkie-talkie app is trying to connect, once it has connected, you can talk, and your friend will hear you instantly.
How to Switch the Walkie-Talkie App On and Off
Constant conversations might sometimes be a distraction, and there are also times that you will want the walkie-talkie off so that your friends will not initiate a conversation with you at that particular point.
You can turn it off by following the steps highlighted below.
- Open the Walkie-talkie app on your Apple Watch.
- Then toggle on the Walkie-talkie button to either turn it on or off.
If you turn it on, your Walkie-talkie app will be able to initiate and respond to conversations.
When you turn it off, you will be unable to get notifications for invites and conversations in real-time.
How to Update to WatchOS 5
Before you can accept walkie-talkie invites, your WatchOS has to be at least WatchOS 5.
If your current OS version is less than Watch OS 5, you can update it by following the instructions below.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Then click on general and select software update.
- Then click on download and install to get the software update.
Once you have updated your WatchOS, you can begin to accept walkie-talkie invites and send out invites from your end.
How to Accept Walkie-Talkie Invites Series 7
As long as your Apple watch series 7 is using at least a WatchOS 5 version, you can always accept walkie-talkies invite by following the steps below.
- When the notification of a Walkie-talkie invites shows on your watch screen, you just have to click the always allow button to accept the invite, and you can begin conversing with the person that sent the connection invite.
- If you missed the walkie-talkie invite when it popped on your watch screen, you only have to swipe down to access the notification center, and then look for the walkie-talkie notification, tap on it and click on the always allow button.
How to Use Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
You can always use Walkie-talkie on your Apple watch to begin a conversation with someone that is already on your friend list by doing the following.
- Open the Walkie-talkie app on your iPhone.
- Then tap the friend you want to talk to.
- If you see a connecting message on your watch screen, wait a while for the Watch to connect.
- Then talk and hold the touch button to begin your conversation, and your friend will hear you instantly.
How to Accept Walkie-Talkie Invites on Apple Watch Series 3
If you use an Apple watch series 3 with at least a WatchOS 5 version, you can always accept a walkie-talkie invite by following the instructions below.
- Click the always allow button when a walkie-talkie invite appears on your watch screen.
- If you missed the notification, you can go to the walkie-talkie app to look for the invite and click on the always allow button, or go to the notification center and scroll till you see the invite and then click on the always allow button.
This article clearly explains the steps necessary to accept walkie-talkie invites on the Apple Watch. We also explained how to send an invite, remove someone from your list, and how you can switch the app on and off.
Do not forget to use the comment box if you are facing any challenges accepting a walkie-talkie invite.