This article will be showing you steps on how to activate ABC iView using the Abc.net.au link. You can stream live TV shows and on-demand programs from anywhere without any cost. ABC iView is easy to use, free of advertisement, and particularly Australia-based. It provides a multiple choice of content suitable for all ages, ranging from comedy to arts, drama to the news.
ABC’s video-on-demand service is called the ABC iView. The ABC streaming platform provides a free streaming service known as ABC iView, but its content is restricted to a particular region. When you try watching ABC iView from outside Australia, you will get a “technical error” message showing you it’s “geo-locked”.
It’s possible to hide your true location by replacing it with an Australian IP, a VPN gives you this free access to ABC’s complete lineup on iView. Follow through the step-by-step guide on how you can watch from any other location worldwide, in addition to our selection for the best VPNs for reliable and smooth streaming.
ABC offers high-quality and specific Australian Documentaries and Children’s programming. You can watch any ABC broadcast TV channel, live anytime and anywhere you are either on your mobile, desktop, tablet, Apple TV, or other compatible streaming devices. The only way to stream these programs is to reassure the iView player that you’re in Australia.
To watch shows on ABC iView, you need to be logged in to an ABC Account. Without much ado, learn the step-by-step procedure on how to activate ABC iView via Link TV code.
Supported Devices/Platforms on ABC iView
Not all streaming devices are compatible with the ABC iView app, the supported devices are listed below:
- Mobile app— iPad, iPhone, Android
- Samsung TV
- Hisense TV
- LG TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV (including Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google TV, Vodafone TV, Foxtel Now, NVIDIA Shield, and some Sony TVs).
- Telstra TV
- Foxtel IQ
- Fetch TV
To complete the activation procedure, navigate to abc.net.au/linktv in case you already have the unique activation code from your TV or streaming device.
To link your TV to your ABC account, follow the steps below to get the unique activation code then enter it. Before you start with the process, try the steps below:
- Create an account if you don’t have one already.
- Use a smart TV or streaming device that is compatible with ABC iView, like an Apple TV or a Smart TV.
- A second device is also needed, such as a smartphone or a PC.
Activate ABC iView on your Smart TV
Follow the steps below to activate ABC iView on your smart TV:
- After downloading and installing the ABC iView app, set up the app on your device.
- Go to the Settings menu with the aid of your remote control. This menu option may be called My Account depending on the manufacturer and the type of your TV or compatible device.
- Select the option to connect your TV.
- Note down the four-digit activation code located at the bottom of the screen.
- To finalize the connection process, use your secondary device (Smartphone or PC).
Kindly note that this activation code will expire after 20 minutes; in case you see an error message telling you that the code has expired, exit the Link from your TV menu by tapping the Back or Return button on your remote, and then go to the menu again. A new code should be displayed on your screen.
Activate ABC iView on your Smartphone or PC
After getting the unique code, follow the steps outlined in the section below:
- Navigate to www.abc.net.au/linktv to get started.
- Select Log In to Your ABC Account from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your correct ABC Account login detail.
- Once you’ve logged in, click LINK YOUR TV and enter the unique activation code displayed on your TV.
Why you should sign in before you can stream on ABC iView
Wondering why you need to log in before you can activate ABC iView? In case you’re using the ABC iView app on a compatible device or the ABC iView website, you need to log in to an ABC Account.
However there are some exceptions like most TV models accept login, but the present version of the ABC iView app is not supported by some older devices. Viewers using these devices will be able to stream ABC iView even if they don’t log into an ABC Account.
Even though the ABC iView app is still running on older televisions, for now, a time may come when they can’t. You may not be able to download the ABC iView app as a result of this. You can then follow the steps below with an ABC Account:
- To resume watching where you stopped, click on the Continue Watching function.
- Make use of your Viewing History to monitor where you are in a series and the episodes you’ve seen so far.
- Create a Watchlist folder to save your favorite shows. Note that new episodes will be uploaded automatically when they are available.
- You can as well create profiles for each of your family members to get a more personalized TV and online experience.
- You should get personalized suggestions based on your watching history and experience.
- It’s easy to sign up; using your email address or join fast via your Facebook, Google, or Apple account.
Can’t Activate ABC iView? Try these Fixes!
In case you have tried the activation process above and you still can’t watch the different content on ABC iView, then try the following troubleshooting tips to solve the issue of can’t activate ABC iView:
Can’t access ABC iView while using a VPN
ABC’s constitutional agreements with streaming services providers require blocking all VPNs, and other location-hiding technologies like Public Proxies, and TOR Exit Nodes, regardless of the viewer’s present location. Licensing companies are allowed to remove content any time they notice the agreement has been breached.
- Ensure to verify that your device and internet router DNS is set up according to the instructions from your internet service provider (ISP).
- Also, make sure that you did not enable your VPN before accessing ABC iView so that you can view it without hassle.
Having connection issues
ABC iView works best with devices that have a high-speed broadband connection like ADSL2+ (1.1Mbps and above) or 4G mobile data. If you are connected to a slower mobile network, it may not be sufficient to handle streaming a video.
If you are using WIFI be sure that your device has a very strong signal. If your device is not close to the modem, there might be an obstruction in the transmission such as walls and closed doors. In that case, you can switch to a wired network connection instead.
In case the network issue isn’t resolved, then try restarting your modem or router or you could install any firmware updates for this device.
Why is it necessary to adjust the device’s clock to access ABC iView
Many streaming devices supported by ABC iView depend on the time being set accurately to play the video seamlessly. Ensure to check the system clock on your device and verify that it is automatically set to your local time zone at the moment.
Changing your device time settings from manual and then back to automatic may help resolve the issue.
When you see Error 102630 or 203000
The error code 102630 is one common issue you might encounter while trying to play the video. This type of error is usually solved by either:
- restarting your device or
- relaunching your web browser
When you see error code 221000
This error code prevents the video from playing because there’s an issue related to your internet connection. Ensure you have a strong internet connection. This issue may be resolved by:
- Switch your internet modem or router off for about 10 minutes then switch it back on again.
When you see error code 224002
When you a message stating, “There is an error loading the video or this video cannot be played”. Try the following steps below:
- Open ABC iView using another browser and try playing the video again to see if the issue persists.
- If you still can’t play the video, then delete your browser’s cache and browsing data. Delete your browser’s cache by following the steps below:
- Tap on the 3 dots icon located at the top right corner of your browser window.
- Click on Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Clear Browsing Data.
- Now select all the boxes and tap Clear Data.
- That’s it!
I hope this article was helpful! Now you should be able to activate ABC iView without any issue and peradventure you encountered any issue during the activation process, the listed troubleshooting tips above should help solve one or all the problems you might come across. Let’s know your opinion in the comment section below.