If you own a Samsung smart TV and you have been wondering how to add apps to your Samsung smart TV here is an article for you; We will consider how to add apps to Samsung smart TV in this guide.
The Samsung smart TV is one of the best smart TVs you can acquire. It is durable, has excellent picture and sound quality, and has many other unique features.
Since the Samsung is a smart TV, it comes pre-installed with certain apps you need for entertainment.
However, there are chances that some of the apps you need will not come pre-installed on the TV, and when this occurs, you’d need to know how to add apps to Samsung smart TV so that you can get the necessary apps.
In that case, the following section of this article will explain how you can add apps to Samsung smart TV.
How to Add Apps to Samsung Smart TV
Any purchased Samsung Smart TV usually comes with certain apps as Netflix pre-installed; however, to get the most value from using your TV, you might need to add other apps to the TV.
Thankfully, this is usually a straightforward process as you can easily add apps from the app store on the TV.
You can follow the instructions below to add apps to Samsung smart TV.
- Press the home button on your remote to go to the homepage.
- Then click on apps, and you’d be redirected to the apps section of the TV.
- Then scroll through the available apps and press select the app you would like to install.
- If you are finding it difficult scrolling through the available apps, you can click on the search icon at the top of the screen and input the name of the app you are looking for.
- Then press the select button on your remote once you find the app.
- Then click install and wait for the TV to complete the installation.
- A prompt will then appear on your screen to either open the app or add the app to your home screen.
- If you click add to the home, the app will be immediately added to your home screen.
- If you click on the open app option, the app will open, and you can start using it.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to add apps to Samsung TV successfully, and you can repeat the procedure as many times as you deem fit.
You can also check out Samsung TV Secret Menu: How to Access and use it.
How to Add Apps to Samsung TV Home Screen
Having your commonly used apps on your Samsung TV home screen makes it easily accessible.
While you can always add the app immediately after it has been installed on your TV, you can still add apps to the Samsung TV home screen by following the instructions below.
- Press the home button of your Samsung remote to access the smart hub.
- Then use the arrows on the remote to navigate to the left, then click on the apps menu.
- Now go to the top of the screen and click on the settings icon.
- Then click on the app you want to add and click on the add to home option on the dropdown menu.
If you have followed the instructions above, you can go back to the home screen and find the app there.
You can now easily access the app anytime you want to use it.
How to Move Apps on Samsung Smart TV
If the way the apps are currently arranged is not the most optimal arrangement for you, you can always move the apps around till you are satisfied.
You can move apps on your Samsung smart TV by following the instructions below.
- Open the apps list on your Samsung smart TV and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Then click the list edit button and go to the app you want to move.
- Then press the down directional button on your remote and go to the options menu.
- Then select move and use the right or left directional button to move the app to your preferred location.
- Then press the select button to complete the process.
You can use the instructions above to move any app of your choice on your Samsung smart TV’s home screen.
How to Install Apps on Samsung Smart TV From USB
While the Samsung smart TV has its apps hub where you can download and install apps on the TV, it is also possible that you might need to install third-party apps that you cannot find on the hub.
A common way to install third-party apps on Samsung smart TVs is to use a USB.
You can add apps on Samsung smart TVs from USB by following the instruction below.
- Open your computer browser and download the apk of the app you want to install from a trusted website.
- Then plug your USB flash drive into the computer and copy the apk file.
- Then plug your USB drive into your TV and find the downloaded file.
- Then click on it, and follow any instructions that might appear on your screen to install it.
You can repeat these processes for as many apps as you need. However, it is essential to ensure that you are downloading third-party apps from their official and trusted websites to prevent a situation of unintentionally adding a virus to your TV or any other malicious content.
How to Download Apps on Samsung Smart TVs Smart Hub
If you need to download an app on your Samsung Smart TV smart hub, you can conveniently achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Click on the home button on your remote to open the smart hub.
- Then go to apps and select the app you want to install.
- Then click on install to install the app on your TV.
- You can now choose to either open the app or add it to the home screen.
- If you prefer to use the app immediately, you can click on the open option, and if you’d like to have it on your home screen, you should click on the add to home screen option.
You can follow the instruction above anytime you want to add an app to Samsung smart TV.
This article has given a detailed explanation of how you can add apps to Samsung smart TVs. We also looked at how you can use USBs to add third-party apps to your Samsung smart TV.