If you want to learn how to cancel BT Sport subscription, and any other subscription on BT then this article will help you do that.
Irrespective of the reason why you’ve made this decision, BT will not ask you not to cancel your subscription or refuse to cancel it for you if you follow the processes that have been discussed in this article.
In a situation where you change your mind about cancelling your subscription and you want to pause any of the subscriptions offered by BT, we have also discussed how to pause BT subscriptions and services.
Bear in mind that you need to be a subscriber of one of the flexible subscriptions offered by BT before you can pause your subscription, if not, then you can only cancel your subscription.
How to pause BT Sport subscription
In a situation where you do not want to cancel BT Sport subscription but you want to pause it in the meantime because of whatever reason.
We thought it might be important that we discussed how to pause the BT subscription before we talk about how to cancel the subscription as we think you may want to pause instead of cancel.
To pause your BT subscription you should bear in mind that it is not as straightforward as other sports subscriptions like the sky sports subscription.
If you’re thinking of pausing your subscription, you should make sure that you are subscribed to one of the flexible packages offered by BT sports; a package that gives you the flexibility of moving freely between contents.
Below is a step by step process to pause BT sports Subscription
If you have made up your mind to pause BY subscription instead of cancelling it then follow the steps below:
Go today official BT website and since you are already a member, login to your account using your password and email or any other information that is required of you.
- Locate your product options and then select TV.
- Under the TV option, you have selected click on the manage button.
- Then BT will require you to enter a few verification details which presumably you should have.
- After you have provided these details then you will have the option to modify your package. This is where you see pause subscription
How to cancel BT Sport subscription
If you are not in one of the flexible packages offered by BT then you will not have that option to pause your subscription all you need to do is learn how to cancel BT sport and cancel your subscription.
And you must bear in mind that if you want to cancel your subscription you need to do that at least not less than two days before your next billing as if you do not cancel your subscription at least two days before your next billing you will be charged for the next month subscription.
With that being said, let’s go on to find out how to cancel BT Sport subscription.
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the official BT website and login into your existing account.
- When you are logged in, go to your product options and then select BT sports
- When you have selected By sports under it you will see options, locate the manage option and click on it, then your subscriptions will appear under it; select the relevant subscription you want to cancel.
- BT will require you to provide some information concerning the account.
- This is in a bid to verify the account. After you have gone through this process you will have the option to cancel your BT Sport subscription
- Another thing you should have at the back of your mind is that this cancellation takes quite some time, but if you want your cancellation to take less time you should call BT customer care directly and ask for your account cancellation.
- The number to call for this is 0800 783 1401
How to cancel BT Sport via Plusnet
Plusnet is operated as a separate entity, but it is owned by BT since 2007, and using PlusNet you can cancel your BT sports subscription.
If you want to make use of Plusnet to cancel BT Sport subscription then you need to go through the process of phone calls.
You have to exercise patience if you are going to make use of this method
To cancel BT sports via PlusNet call one of these numbers 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200
You also have to re-emphasize that you need to place this call not less than two days before your next subscription billing so that you will not be charged for that month
Easy way to Cancel other BT services and Subscriptions
We have discussed How to Cancel BT Sport, but if you do not want to cancel only BT sports but other services then you can make use of the method here.
This method is a general method to cancel any service or subscription offered by BT.
You can do this through a phone call. The number you need to call for this is 0800 783 1401.
Another number you will specifically need to call if you want to cancel BT mobile service is 0800 389 8414.
It is not a good idea to call without having your information ready as you will be asked some security-related questions that you need to provide the answers to them if you’re going to have your request granted.
One of the things you should have at hand before calling is your account number, then-state that you want to cancel a particular subscription and the reason why you want to cancel that subscription. Then you might be required to return any BT equipment within your possession.
All the aforementioned processes to cancel BT Sport subscription and any other subscription on BT would require that you give BT not less than 30 days for this services to stop working for you