Amazon Music Unlimited has 40 million songs in its pocket and can be played at will. However, if you have decided to make a change, we have good news: canceling your subscription is easy. Here we show you how to do it and how to cancel your Amazon Music.
So if you choose a rival like Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, or Apple Music or just want to save money, follow the steps below.
Table of Contents
What is Amazon Music?
Amazon Music (formerly Amazon MP3) is an online music streaming platform operated by Amazon and a music store. Introduced public beta on 25 of September 2007, in January of 2008, it became the first music store to sell music not having the Digital Rights Management from the four parmount labels ( Warner, Sony BMG, EMI, and Universal).
All tracks were originally sold in MP3 format with 256 kilobits per second and variable bit rate without watermark or DRM per client. However, some tracks now have watermarks. License agreements with record companies restrict the countries where music can be sold.
Platforms compatible with Amazon Music
The Amazon Music Streaming Music Catalog can be accessed via the Amazon.com web player with HTML DRM extensions or via player apps for multiple platforms such as macOS, iOS, Windows and Android, FireOS, Alexa devices, and some smart cars and television.
Amazon’s music catalog is available for purchase on the Amazon.com website by searching for an artist name or title, or through a store that integrates with many, but not all, player apps. To download purchased music, Amazon offers the Amazon Music Player (under Windows 7 or higher and Mac OS X 10.9 and higher) or an MP3 zip file downloaded from the Amazon Web Player.
- How to Cancel Acorn TV Subscription
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Cancel an Upload on Instagram
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
- How to Cancel Your Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
- How to Cancel Showtime Subscription
- How to cancel HBO in less than a minute
- How to Cancel TalkTalk Broadband
- How to Cancel Anytime Gym Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Envy Massage Membership
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Acorn TV on Roku
- How to Cancel Dazn Subscription
- How to Cancel Audible Membership Account
- How to cancel Amazon Music Subscriptions
- How to Cancel People’s Postcode Lottery
- How to Cancel Denplan Membership And Pause Your Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Nuffield Health Membership And Freeze Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Beer52 Subscription & Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Vimeo Subscription and Account
- How To Cancel The National Lottery Account Or Purchased Tickets Easily
- How To Cancel ProBiller Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel NOW TV Subscription [A Step-By-Step Guide]
- How To Cancel Tesco Mobile Contract: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel BT Sport Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel SimplyCook Subscription and Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Amazon Order
- How To Cancel MBNA Credit Card Account
- How To Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription [A Quick Guide]
How to unsubscribe or cancel Amazon Music subscription
- Open the web browser of your choice on your iPhone.
- Go to Amazon.com.
- If you are not logged in, tap the three stacked lines in the upper left corner.
- In the menu that opens, press “sign-in”.
- Log in with your Amazon account information.
- After signing in, press the three stacked lines again and select “Account” from the menu.
- Under “Account Settings”, tap “Your Subscriptions and memberships”.
- Your previous and current memberships are listed. Navigate down to Amazon Music Unlimited and select.
- On this page, under “Advanced controls”, tap the “Amazon Music Unlimited Settings” button.
- Press “Unsubscribe, or cancel the subscription
- On the next screen, select a reason for canceling your subscription and finally confirm it on the next page by clicking on “Confirm cancellation”.
Amazon Music Unlimited vs. Prime Music: what’s the difference?
Amazon Music Unlimited includes side-by-sides, a “behind the scenes” feature where artists post comments on their songs and albums. It also offers additional echo commands so listeners can say things like “Alexa, play Bruno Mars” to make a playlist of popular songs by Bruno Mars, or ‘Alexa, play good music’ to make a list of inspiring songs based on your listening story. Prime Music does not offer these features, although Echo users can ask Alexa to play songs and various types of music more restrictively.
If a larger music library, behind-the-scenes commentary, and additional echo voice commands sound like what you want, Amazon Music Unlimited may be the one for you. This assumes that the monthly costs are worthwhile.
Prime Music is included in your Prime subscription of $ 99 per year. Amazon Music Unlimited costs an additional $ 7.99 a month for Prime members, or $ 3.99 a month if you have an Echo that Echoes Dot or Amazon Tap will be shipping soon. You can also subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited for $ 9.99 a month if you’re not a Prime subscriber.
If you’re still there, Amazon Music Unlimited offers a free 30-day trial that you can try before subscribing. If you don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription yet, Amazon Music Unlimited may be worth it, especially if you already have an echo.
How to sign out of Amazon Music HD
Amazon HD Music is likened to Music Unlimited in the steroids. It offers a mix of CD-quality and high definition songs for less than its rivals Tidal and Qobuz. If you liked it and would like to come back, we will explain how you can cancel your subscription.
Note: If you cancel your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription as stated above, your Amazon Music HD subscription will automatically end.
- Access the Amazon Music settings in your web browser.
- Go to the “Amazon Music HD” section.
- In the ‘Subscription Renewal’, click the ‘Remove HD from subscription’ option.
- Click again to confirm your cancellation.