Sometimes you might meet yourself in a situation where you’ve exhausted the power of your Airpods case but you still have your Airpods powered.
If that is the case, and you are here looking to figure out how to connect Airpods when case is dead, you are in the right place.
A dead Airpods case doesn’t mean you can not make use of your Airpods. However, there is a condition to it.
If you have not paired your Airpods with a before you won’t be able to connect to it without the case. But if you have done so, connecting to it is pretty Seamless if you follow the steps I will explain below.
But before we delve into that, let’s briefly break down what exactly the Airpods case does.
Why you need the Airpods case
The case enables you to reset your Airpods when you want to connect to a Non iOS device.
- The case enables a more automatic connection between your device and the Airpods. All you have to do is pull it out and the AirPods are connected
- Without the case, there is no way you can charge your Airpods.
- The case also shows you the status of a pairing connection which you might not be able to determine just with the AirPods.
- If you have an error with pairing you cannot discover that solely with the AirPods alone
- Lastly, your case acts as a protective body for the Airpods since they are fragile
Now that you know how important the casing is let’s delve into how to connect Airpods when case is dead.
How to connect Airpods when Case is Dead (iPhone)
For the records, connecting your Airpods with your iPhone while the case is dead might seem a bit tricky for some. It isn’t
It is done through a sneaky airplay feature.
And since the Airplay function is to basically share media from your phone to another output device such as a speaker or smart TV, you can also use it to connect to your Apple AirPods
Here is how to do it
- Navigate to the control centre of your device by swiping down on the screen.
- Now, tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it on.
- Tap the audio card by specifically hitting the “Airplay icon“
- After doing that, you will see previously connected devices.
- Pick your previously paired AirPods
And you are good to go.
How to Connect Airpods when Case is Dead (Android)
If you are using an Andriod device instead like Samsung. The steps you need to follow to connect to your AirPods pro are pretty easy.
Here is how to go about it
- Open the Settings app.
- Locate Bluetooth under Connections and tap it.
- Toggle on your Bluetooth and look for your previously paired AirPods.
- Once you see your Airpods name, Tap on it to automatically connect it with your Airpods
How to Connect Airpods when Case is Dead (Windows PC)
If you are using windows, PC. It won’t work if you haven’t paired it with your PC. But if you have done that, the process is pretty seamless as you only need to turn on the Bluetooth and connect to your Airpods.
Here is how to do that
- Navigate to your Windows search box, and type “Bluetooth”
- From the results displayed, click “Bluetooth and other device settings.”
- Locate and pick and select your AirPods under Audio to initiate the connection.
- Once it is connected you can play any audio from your Windows PC and hear it on the Airpods
Recommended: How to locate your lost Airpods
How to Connect Airpods when Case is Dead (Mac PC)
With your MAC PC, you do not need to connect with Airplay as you can simply do that by tuning on your Bluetooth device and connecting it with your previously paired Airpods.
The procedure is just the same as that of windows PC
Here is how to do that
- At the Upper right corner of your screen, Click the Bluetooth symbol
- On the drop-down, you should see Bluetooth devices and your AirPods.
- Simply click on your Paired Airpods name
Apple Customer Support
If after trying all these, you are not able to connect your Airpods without the casing you might have to contact apple support and if it is caused by a manufacturing defect. you can take advantage of your warranty
Here is what the warranty is all about.
Apple comes with a one-year limited warranty for any defect you might encounter during the use of your Airpods or AirPods pro.
The Apple warranty on AirPods covers the Airpods for 1 year. Which includes manufacturing defects while using your Airpods.
But your warranty does not cover any of these listed below
- Damages caused by you
- Modifications by a third party
- AirPods that have been lost or stolen
Now that you’ve been able to break down how to connect Airpodswhen case is dead let’s look at some commonly asked questions regarding the topic
If my AirPods case dies will my AirPods still work
Yes, your AirPods will works if you have power in it. What this means is if you’ve charged it before the Airpods before the Case loses all its power it will work.
But, If your AirPods are dead it would not work.
If it isn’t you can connect it with your iPhone or your PC once you turn on the Bluetooth. However, it can only work with devices you’ve paired with your AirPods before your case dies.
Will my Airpods connect if the case is closed
Recommended: How to Track a lost Airpods case
If your case is closed, your Airpods will connect to other devices, but you have to ensure that, you’ve paired it with the said device so that you only have to connect it automatically.
How to reset AirPods without a case
You cannot totally reset your Airpods without the case. The only thing you would be able to do is to remove and reset the Airpods with your device. But then you need the case to reset the AirPods fully.
If you are talking about resetting the Airpods without the case, It is not possible.
if my AirPods case dies will my AirPods still work
If you have power on your Airpods it will work, but if you do not have the power it won’t work.
In addition to that. The Airpods without their case can only work with paired devices.
If you’ve not paired a device with it prior o the case dying you can not set up a new connection without the AirPods case
If my AirPods case dies can I still track it?
You can, if there is an Airpods inside. The reason for this is that Apple Airpods come with custom H1 chips. However the case only has standard chips, so you can’t track the case with “find My”. If there are no Airpods inside
How do I get my AirPods to connect to a dead case?
You cannot get your Airpods to connect to a dead case. The case has to be charged to make any form of connection with your Airpods
Can Airpods Be Connected With A Charging Case?
It doesn’t matter what state the case is. As long as there is power on the case, you can connect it with your Airpods.
However, if it is dead, you might want to charge it for 10 minutes, before trying to connect it with the Airpods since your Airpods mainly suck power from it.
By now you should have been able to figure out how to connect Airpods when the case is dead. If you are having any further issues with your Airpods, you might want to check out the website or drop your question in the comment section.