Are you also here to figure out how to turn on AirPods pro without a case? You don’t have to worry too much as we are here to help you fix this one time.
It could be that you’ve left the case at home and you wish to listen to music from your playlist and you are stuck on how to go about it.
Or maybe you recently bought an AirPods Pro but you are trying to connect it with your device which in turn has made you stuck
If you are struggling with any one of these case scenarios, you are not alone.
However, there are some things you need to know to further make you informed on how to turn on Airpods Pro without a case.
You can turn on your Airpods Pro with your smartphone if you have paired it with the device before. But if you haven’t, you need the case or any compatible casing to do that.
While the case might seem less significant because you can connect your Airpods Pro without the case. The casing still has some important features which you’ll need.
And before we delve into how to turn on Airpods Pro without a case, let’s quickly break down why you need the case.
Why you Need your Airpods Case
If you have an AirPods pro, you can turn it on without the case if you already have a device paired to it before.
The case is only useful when you want to set it up. But then, that isn’t the only reason why you need the case.
Here are some of the reasons why the case is important
- The case enables a more automatic connection between your device and the Airpods Pro. All you have to do is pull it out and the AirPods are connected
- Without the case, there is no way you can charge your Airpods Pro.
- The case also shows you the status of a pairing connection which you might not be able to determine just with the AirPods Pro.
- If you have an error with pairing you cannot discover that solely with the AirPods Pro alone
- Lastly, your case acts as a protective body for the Airpods Pro since they are fragile
Now that you are aware of that, let’s break down how to turn on Airpods pro without a case
How to Turn on Airpods Pro without a Case (iPhone)
If you are turning on your Airpods pro with your iPhone Since your case isn’t with you. Turning it on might not be the right question as you only have to get it connected to bring it ON.
To do this, you have to make use of the Airplay feature on your iPhone to carry this out since the Airplay function is to basically share media from your phone to another output device such as a speaker or smart TV or your Apple AirPods Pro.
That said, here is how to do it
- Swipe down to Access the control centre of your device
- After doing that, tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it on
- Now, tap the audio card by hitting the “Airplay icon“
- Below, you will see a list of previously connected devices.
- Select your previously paired AirPods Pro and any music you play from your iPhone will come out from the Airpods Pro.
How to turn on Airpods pro without Case (Andriod)
For Andriod users, the procedure is pretty straightforward. It is easier than that of the iPhone as you only have to turn on your Bluetooth and connect it to your Airpods Pro to turn it ON
Here is how to go about it…
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Now, locate Bluetooth under Connections or Network device and tap it.
- After doing that, toggle on your Bluetooth and look for your previously paired AirPods Pro.
- Once you see your Airpods pro name, tap on it to automatically connect it with your Airpods
How to turn on Airpods pro without Case (Windows PC)
If you are using windows, PC. Turning on your Airpods Pro with your PC won’t work if you haven’t paired them together.
But if you have done that, the process is pretty seamless as you only need to turn on the Bluetooth and connect to your Airpods Pro.
Here is how to do that
- Go to your Windows search bar and type “Bluetooth”
- From the results displayed, click “Bluetooth and other device settings.”
- Now, look for your paired Airpods device under audio and click the Airpods to initiate the connection.
- Once it is connected you can play any audio from your Windows PC and hear it on the Airpods
Recommended: How to locate your lost Airpods
How to turn on Airpods pro without Case (Mac PC)
Using your Mac to connect with your Airpods pro With your MAC PC is as easy as that of a windows PC. You do not need to worry about the Airpods Pro turning on if you want to use it, all you have to do is connect them to your Mac system via Bluetooth
Here is how you can do that
- Go to the Upper right corner of your screen and Click the Bluetooth icon
- On the drop that appears, you should see Bluetooth devices and your AirPods Pro.
- Simply click on your Paired Airpods name to connect it with your MAC PC
Since you are well informed on how to turn on Airpods pro without a case, let’s delve into some commonly asked questions regarding the topic
Can you turn on Airpods without a case?
You cannot basically turn on your Airpods Pro since it has no Buttons, unlike other AirPods that come with one.
If you want to use it without the case you only have to connect it to devices you’ve paired with the AirPods to turn it on.
How to use AirPods without charging case
Can you really use Airpods without the case? Well, you can but there are limitations to what you can do with that Airpods alone.
You can connect to paired devices automatically.
But you can’t carry out other features such as setting it up, charging it, or evening pairing it to another device if you don’t have the case with you.
How to Charge AirPods without Charging case
There are round of information online that you can use some pin to charge your Airpods.
Doing this can break your Airpods warranty and it could cause more harm to your Airpods.
You can only use any similar model of Airpods Pro casing to charge your Airpods Pro.
Airpods won’t connect without a case
To some extent, you might be faced with a scenario whereby your Airpods aren’t connecting without the case.
If it isn’t, there are some things you should check.
Have you Paired Your Airpods with such devices?
If you haven’t paired the device with your Airpods Pro, it won’t work without the case as you need to first pair it before you can automatically connect both devices
Bring your Airpods Pro closer to your Device
If your AirPods pro is distant from your smartphone, you could struggle to get it connected with the case. Sometimes it could be due to obstruction of signal interference. But then, ensure it is close enough to be double sure the distance can’t be the issue
Airpods Pro battery is Low
Another common issue might be due to low power.
If you are finding it hard to connect your Airpods pro with your device, simply carry out these steps to check if your power is low
Navigate to your control centre.
Tap on the audio card and tap on the “Airplay icon”
If your AirPods pro is close by, you’ll see the paired AirPods and the battery percentage with its name.
If you are using an android, all you have to do is turn on the Bluetooth and connect to the Paired Airpods.
Once it is connected, you will see the Battery Percentage left
If it isn’t showing the battery percentage, it means it is not connected.
In that case, You have to wait till you can access a case to charge it before finally contacting Apple support.
I have been able to walk you through how to turn on Airpods Pro without a case.
If you are having any further challenges with it, you can search this website as we have a lot of useful content on Airpods.
Otherwise, drop your question in the comment section.