Facebook allows you to create temporary posts known as Stories on your page just like other popular social media platforms. It’s called Status on WhatsApp. You can post videos on Facebook Stories using several devices like Android, iPhone, and computers.
If you have always posted pictures on your Facebook stories and you want to learn how to post videos too, then you are in the right place. All you need do is follow the guidelines stated in this post and also get acquainted with the laid down Facebook rules on posting videos.
Some of these rules include Facebook Messenger Story only live for complete 24 hours, after which it disappears just like the WhatsApp status. This feature allows everyday posting. Facebook has a 26-second limit for videos uploaded to stories, which prevents you from posting long videos except if you cut them into several clips.
The process of posting videos on Facebook stories is very pretty user-friendly and automatic, and we will walk you through how it works from your computer/smartphone, and Facebook mobile apps. You can also determine who gets to see your stories by using the settings option.
In case you want to post a long video to your Facebook story, you may likely get an error message that says, “Video is too long, please select a smaller clip from this video”. Before you can post it, you need to trim or cut the video into several clips.
However, if you wish to post a complete long video to your Facebook stories, you can’t trim it, but a part of the video will be uploaded. Continue reading to unravel the puzzle behind how to post videos on Facebook stories.
How to Post Videos on Facebook Stories
Facebook stories usually appear on the top of the newsfeed page where you click on the user’s icon to see their story while a Facebook post is the content that you publish on your profile page or someone else’s page.
Once you can successfully post videos on Facebook stories, they will only be available for viewing to your selected audience for complete 24 hours. Only you can view your previous stories in your story archive.
Follow the steps below to post videos on Facebook stories:
- Navigate to Facebook via any browser and sign into your account.
- Tap on the plus (+) sign to add to the story at the top left of your Feed.
- Click on Create a photo story to add a video from your device.
- You can click on the Gear Icon audience selector (Public or Friends) close to Your story and choose who can see your story.
- Tap on Share to story.
Once you can successfully add a video to your Facebook story, it will be viewed across both Facebook and Messenger. You also get to always control who sees your story.
How to Post Videos on Facebook Stories to your Page via Android
To share a story to your Page on Facebook stories via your Android device, follow the steps below:
- Go to Facebook using any browser and log into your account.
- Click on this icon in the top right of Facebook.
- Click on Pages, then select your Page.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select Create story.
- Choose a video from your camera roll or click on take a new video.
- You can tap on the bottom button of the screen to take a photo, or press and hold to record a video.
- In case you want to post a series of photos that bend forwards and backwards, you can click on BOOMERANG.
- Click on the Gear Icon to change your Story Camera Settings.
- Now, swipe left to take a video camera effect.
- Press to upload a photo from your camera roll.
- Once you have successfully taken or added your video, you can click on the icon to add a sticker, Aa if you want to add text, draw on it, or click on Effects to add other amazing effects to your video.
- Click on Save to save it to your camera roll.
- Finally, click on Done, then select Share Now to share your video to your story.
That’s all about sharing videos on stories to your Facebook Page using an Android device.
Although these steps are similar to that of sharing videos on the Facebook story using Android. To share a video on the Facebook story to your Page via your iPhone, ensure to follow the steps below carefully:
- Go to facebook.com using any browser and log in to your account.
- Click on it at the bottom right of Facebook.
- Click on Pages, and select your Page.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Press Create a story.
- Choose a video from your camera roll or tap to take a new video.
- From there, tap at the bottom of the screen to press and hold to record a video.
- You can click on BOOMERANG to take a collection of photos that loops forwards and backward.
- Press the Settings button to change your Story Camera Settings.
- Swipe left to take the video camera effect.
- Select this icon to upload a video from your camera roll.
- Once you can take or add your video, you can click on the icon to add a sticker, Aa to add text, the icon to draw on it, or Effects to add creative effects to your video.
- You can click on Save to save it to your camera roll.
- Finally, click on Done, then tap Share to Story to share your video to your story.
That’s all about sharing a video on the Facebook story to your page using your iPhone.
How to post Videos on Facebook Stories via Computer
Here are some easy steps to help you post videos on Facebook stories via the computer. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to facebook.com using any browser and sign into your account.
- Navigate to the Stories section located at the top of your News Feed.
- Now, click on + Add to Story.
- Here, you have to enter an update or tap on Photo/Video option to add either a photo or video from your computer.
- Tap on the audience selector (E.g. Public or Friends) next to Your Story, to select the people who can see your story.
- Finally, click on Post.
- This is all about sharing a video to your Facebook stories via the computer. Note that a video shared to your Facebook story, can only to available to your viewers for only 24 hours. If you will like to revisit your previous stories, you can check them out in your story archive.
How to post long Videos on Facebook Story
In case you are familiar with uploading videos on Facebook stories, then you will know about the 26-second limit for every video posted on the platform. This implies that no matter how long your video is, Facebook will automatically cut it into several clips with a maximum duration of 26-second.
However, the good news is that you can post long videos on the Facebook story via 2 methods. These methods include:
- Cutting the long video into different clips.
- Uploading the entire long video on Facebook story.
Cutting the Long Video into different Clips
Are you uploading a long video that tells a story with a clue? Then, you can cut or trim the long video into several short clips. A video with hints and suspense will keep the viewers glued to the screen and will be forced to watch the videos and this in turn helps to increase Facebook story views. Follow the steps below to cut videos to be posted on Facebook stories:
- Open the photo album on your smartphone and locate the exact video you want to upload.
- Make use of the in-built editor on the platform to cut the long video into several clips.
- Ensure you control the shorter video duration which must not exceed 26 seconds.
- Finally, upload the video clips to the Facebook stories one after the other.
That’s it! Your complete video will be posted on Facebook stories just the way you want it.
Uploading the entire long video on a Facebook story
It’s possible to upload the complete version of your video to Facebook story without having to cut it into several clips. However, it requires a strategy that allows you to post a whole-length video of up to 43 minutes. Follow the steps below to upload a whole-length video on your Facebook story:
- First, open Facebook Messenger on your device and enter the chat page of your friends.
- Click on the Gallery icon and tap on the desired video.
- Now, tap on the “Edit” option.
- Once the new page is displayed, you can click on “Your Story” and the “Add” options.
Now, you can add a long video to your Facebook stories without any hassle.
Alternate Ways to Create Videos on Facebook Stories
Posting videos on Facebook has many limitations and setbacks like restricted background music, which constrains your creativity. To remove all these restrictions and create your Facebook videos, you might need the help of third-party editing programs like FlexClip. The following are the features of FlexClip that you should know:
- With FlexClip, you can create incredible videos in clicks and it doesn’t require any pre-editing experience.
- FlexClip helps to fine-tune the creation by editing, where you can add dynamic text, cool background music, professional transition, and many more.
- FlexClip has a resource-rich media reservoir that houses free sounds, photos, and videos.
- FlexClip supports 480p, 720p, 1080p, and HD videos to meet your needs without quality reduction.
- FlexClip offers a watermark-free and handy online video editor.
How to Create a Facebook Video with FlexClip
Here’s how to create a Facebook video with FlexClip:
- Upload all the video footage of your choice and drag them to the storyboard.
- Navigate to the left panel to add dynamic text and select the stirring music you like.
- Animate the video and add stickers where necessary.
- Finally, save and export the video.
After all, has been said and done, this is all about how to post videos on Facebook stories, both short and long videos.
I hope with the help of this article, you can upload videos longer than 26 seconds.
Now, you can start to post long videos on Facebook story as much as you want.