Too many classrooms in your Google classroom can cause your classroom not to load faster and as expected. That alone is enough to keep your Google classroom tidy and delete old and expired classroom from your account. So, in this guide, we will detail how to delete a class in Google classroom and all its data to keep your Google classroom faster.
When you move to delete a class you created on Google classroom it will erase comments and posts. Although, students with the link that leads to the Google classroom can still access it.
Before you can delete a class in Google classroom you first need to archive the class posts and comment and then proceed to delete it.
Here’s how to delete a class in Google classroom on Android, iPhone/iPad and desktop (Google Classroom).
How to Delete a Class in Google Classroom on Web
Following the procedures below, you will be able to archive and delete a class in Google classroom on desktop (PC/Mac).
- Go to classroom.google.com and log in to your account.
- Find the class from the list of classes you have that you want to archive. To achieve this you must be an instructor in the class.
- Click on the 3 dots to the upper right of the class card you want to archive.
- Tap on “Archive” from the menu expansion.
- Open the class page to the archived class.
- Find the class archive and click on the 3 dots to the upper right.
- Tap “Delete” from the expansion.
The archived classroom will be deleted.
If you no longer want to delete the class you archive from the step above you need to unarchive it and make the class accessible to students without a link to the classroom.
How to Delete a Class in Google Classroom on iPhone/iPad
To delete classes on Google classroom on Apple (iPhone/iPad) devices follow the procedures below.
- Launch the Google Classroom app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the class card you want to delete and click on the horizontal line to the top right.
- Tap “Archive” from the expansion.
- Now, open the “Archive” classes page from the archived class card.
- Tap “Delete” from the class you want to delete from the class card you archived.
Don’t Miss: Alternatives to Google Classroom
How to Delete Classes in Google Classroom on Android
You cannot delete classes in Google classroom without archiving the class from the class card. Following the procedures below you will be able to find, archive, and delete a Google classroom on your Google classroom app on your Android phone.
- Open the Google classroom app. Sign in to your account as an instructor if you haven’t done that.
- Click on the menu (3 dots) that is located at the top right of the app homepage.
- Click Archive >> Archive again to confirm.
- Go to the Archive class card page and find the class you want to delete.
- Tap on the delete button to delete the selected class card archive.
How to Restore a Deleted Class in Google Classroom
A deleted class on Google classroom cannot be restored. However, students can still access classes or assignments via the classroom link via the Google folder. And if the class instructor has the link to the deleted classroom the classroom can be accessed through the link.
However, if the class instructor only achieved the class it can be restored from the class card archived page. And all students will be able to access posts and comments following the classroom link.
A lot of students are looking for a way to restore deleted classroom or assignment with no headway without having the link to the class before it was deleted bu the class instructor. However, if you are able to restore a deleted class in Google classroom kindly leave a comment below.