Venmo is a financial app to transfer and receive money between two parties and it works like every other finance apps out there such as PayPal, Payoneer, Google Wallet, and many more. However, if you have had so much of these financial apps like Venmo and you think it’s the right time to end or close your Venmo account there is no special trick in doing that. Therefore, in this post, I will share with you how to delete a Venmo account.
When you determine to delete or close your Venmo account there are some measures to take to make sure you ain’t closing your Venmo account with fund left in your account. Therefore, it’ll be advisable to transfer leftover fund in your Venmo account to another Venmo account holder even if it’s to exchange it for another cash equivalent directly from your bank account.
How to Transfer Venmo Fund
If you have some leftover fund in your Venmo account. Follow the procedures below to the fund in your Venmo account before you click on the delete button on your Venmo account.
- Tap the menu “☰” icon at the top of the Venmo app.
- Click on “Transfer to Bank” or “Transfer Money” if your bank account is verified. (Alternately: Tap “Manage Balance” and then “Transfer to Bank”)
- Enter the amount you have leftover in your Venmo account that would like to transfer to your bank
- Click on the “Instant” button (for a small fee) or “1-3 Biz Days” (without paying a dime),
- Select your verified bank account or debit card.
- Confirm your transfer details such as the amount to transfer.
- Click on the green “Transfer” button.
Now, once there is no more fund available in your Venmo account, then, you can proceed to close down your Venmo account.
How to Delete Venmo Account on Computer
Once there is no more fund leftover in your Venmo account you can then close or delete your account from the platform.
- Log in to your Venmo account.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon.
- Scroll down and click on “Close my Venmo Account”.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Review your most recent statement.
- Click on the “Close button”.
- Veno account will be deleted.
With the steps above, you can terminate your Venmo account whenever you feel that the need arise to delete your account. To confirm that your Venmo account has been closed, Venmo Inc, a subsidiary of PayPal will send a confirmation email to your registered email address bidding a farewell.
How to Delete Venmo Account on Android/iPhone
Venmo account can only be deleted on a computer visiting the official Venmo website and proceed to your account settings to close down your account. However, as at this moment, Venmo doesn’t support users to delete Venmo account on Android and iPhone using the mobile app.
How to Delete Venom Account of a Deceased Person
If you manage a Venmo account on behalf of a person and the person has passed-on you should consider closing the account.
The way to close a deceased Venmo account is logging into the Venmo account using the diseased Venmo username and password, transfer the fund to the verified bank account or add another bank account, verify it, transfer the leftover fund to it, and go to the account settings and click on “Close my account”.
Contact Venmo Customer Care
If you loved someone close to you whose account you cannot log into you can contact Venmo customer care representative on how to recover Venmo account of a deceased family so that you can transfer the fund for the upkeep of his or her family and close the Venmo account since there is no one to manage the account.
Contact Venmo on 855-812-4430 or send a FAX or mailing to Venmo email address attaching the death certificate of the deceased person.