Irrespective of the browser you have, we will walk you through how to delete Quicksearch in this guide.
In case the Quick Search tool has taken over your browser as the default search engine, then you have two options; which are:
- Remove the quick search
- Leave it and live with it
If you choose the first option it means you have to remove the browser hijacker immediately to protect your privacy.
Interestingly, it’s very easy to remove the quick search as your default search engine and set Google back to your default search engine just within a few minutes.
With that, we will show you the step-by-step process of how to delete Quicksearch as your default search engine.
To know more about how the Quick Search browser hijacker works and why you should remove it, ensure you read every section of this article for better understanding.
What is Quick Search Tool Hijacker?
The Quick Search Tool hijacker is an imaginary unwanted program or fake search engine. It’s wired in a way that forces you to use it as your default search engine while it sneaks into your browser.
Once it’s able to successfully invade your browser, it begins to collect information about what and how you search the web, creating a threat to your privacy.
Therefore, you should not allow it to stay on your browser for long. Since Quick Search is a browser hijacker that changes the default search engine for your web browser to https://quicknewtab.com.
This browser redirect occurs because a malicious browser extension or program has been installed on your computer.
Once it’s installed on a computer, this browser hijacker will also redirect your browser search queries to https://quicknewtab.com, which in turn redirects to search result pages from search.yahoo.com.
Probably, this is done to generate advertising revenue by using Yahoo Search for its search results. The Quick Search browser hijacker can as well track your searches and display advertisements on https://quicknewtab.com.
Common Signs of Quick Search Browser Hijackers
Once the Quick Search browser hijacker is installed on a computer, here are common symptoms you should look out for:
- Your web browser’s default homepage will be Quick Search.
- Your browser’s default search engine will be changed to Quick Search
- Your browser’s search queries will be redirected via https://quicknewtab.com.
- A malicious browser extension or program will be installed on your computer.
These are the common signs you will see after the Quick search browser hijacker has been installed on your computer.
Why is my browser redirected to Quick Search?
In case you are wondering why your browser is redirected to Quick Search, well, it’s because a browser hijacker has been installed on your computer.
Most times, this type of program is offered via advertisements or bundled with other software, leaving the user confused as to where this software came from.
Always ensure you pay attention when installing software and be careful what you agree to install because a software installer includes optional installs.
You can opt for the custom installation and remove anything unusual, for instance, an optional software that you never wanted to download or install in the first place.
In other words, DO NOT install software that you don’t trust.
To remove the Quick Search browser hijacker and check your computer for other malicious programs, check out how to delete Quicksearch from your device and all major web browsers.
How to Delete QuickSearch Tool Hijacker from your Device
At times, the Quick Search Tool hijacker is installed as a program on your device, which results in browser hijacking. Therefore, we must make sure that it’s not concealed on our devices as a program before deleting it from web browsers.
Search for Quick Search Tool in the list of programs installed on your device. After you find this malicious program, Windows users can uninstall this program by following the steps outlined below.
How to Delete QuickSearch Tool Hijacker in Major Web Browsers
If you want to completely remove the Quick Search Tool hijacker from your browser, you need to note the following three things:
- Your browser doesn’t have an extension relevant to this hijacker.
- It is not chosen as the default search engine.
- Its address “search.quicksearchtool.com” is not set to open for every newly loaded page.
Now, let’s see how you can ensure these things are implemented in different browsers.
Chrome users can easily get rid of the Quick Search Tool hijacker on both desktop and mobile. Follow the steps below on how to delete QuickSearch Tool Hijacker in Chrome for Desktop
- Tap on the three vertical dots icon in the top-right corner of your browser window.
- Go to More tools >> Extensions.
- Once you locate the Quick Search Tool extension, tap Remove.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner and go to Settings.
- Click on Startup from the sidebar on the left.
- Check the Open the New Tab page circle in the right pane.
- Make sure that “https://search.quicksearchtool.com” is not added as an address under Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Next, click on Search engine from the sidebar under Settings.
- Tap on Manage Search engines and site search in the right pane.
- Once Quick Search Tool appears as a search engine, tap on the three vertical dots next to it and click on Delete.
- Finally, click on the three vertical dots next to Google and choose to Make default.
That’s all! You have successfully deleted Quicksearch on Chrome for desktop.
How to Delete QuickSearch Tool Hijacker in Chrome for Android and iOS
To remove the Quick Search tool hijacker from Chrome for Android and iOS, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on three vertical dots in the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- Go to the Search engine and search for the circle for Google.
- Navigate to the Settings page and click on Homepage under Advanced.
- Ensure that “https://search.quicksearchtool.com” is not added as an address.
In case you are using iPhone or iPad, then you can follow the steps below to remove the Quick Search Tool hijacker from the Chrome app:
- Open Chrome and click on the three horizontal dots.
- Choose Settings and ensure Google is chosen for the Search Engine setting.
How to Delete QuickSearch Tool Hijacker in Safari for Mac
To remove the Quick Search tool hijacker from Safari for Mac, follow the simple instructions below:
- Open Safari and go to Safari >> Preferences from the Menu bar.
- Go to the Extensions tab.
- In case Quick Search Tool or a relevant extension is installed, make sure you remove it by clicking Uninstall.
- Choose the Search tab next.
- Ensure that the Quick Search Tool is not chosen in the dropdown next to the Search engine
- Go to the General tab.
- Ensure the Homepage field is not set to “https://search.quicksearchtool.com”
How to Remove the Quick Search Tool Hijacker in Safari for iPhone
To remove the Quick Search tool hijacker in Safari for iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Safari.
- Click on Search Engine and ensure that Quick Search Tool is not selected as the engine.
That’s it! Very straightforward.
We have shown you all you need to know about how to delete QuickSearch tool hijacker from your browser. Removing other hijackers such as Easy Search from your browser involves the same process, therefore you can repeat the same steps if you get invaded again in the future.