VPN by RAV is a type of software connected to RAV Endpoint Protection, which is an antivirus program known for digital security.
RAVVPN.exe can be seen in your Task Manager as the VPN by RAV’s principal executable file. In case you are wondering how to uninstall VPN by RAV, this article will show you how to go about it.
If you noticed that your computer is acting more odd than usual then it’s possible that this application may have found access into your system before you realize it.
Hostile hackers use a wide range of techniques to install their harmful programs inside the victim’s computer.
Although RAV VPN is not a virus, if its primary executable file (RAVVPN.exe) is preventing you from using your computer as you should, then you may need to uninstall it.
RAV VPN gives access to private and easy-to-use web surfing. This service protects your network and allows users to connect and utilize distant networks carefully by encrypting all data and conversations sent between the two devices.
Check out other apps that may have been installed along with RAV VPN and remove them from the system to prevent any further potential security risks. Read on as we take you through the steps on how to uninstall VPN by RAV.
What is VPN RAV?
RAV VPN is a potentially redundant program that is not malicious on its own but once installed, it shows that you most likely have malware or other potentially unwanted programs installed.
RAV VPN can be referred to as a legitimate VPN program that doesn’t show any malicious or unwanted behaviour.
However, in most cases, this program is arranged with other free downloads that do not appropriately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may discover that you have installed RAV VPN even without knowing.
Functions of VPN by RAV
The RAV Virtual Private Network, or VPN, allows users to privately and securely browse the internet anywhere in the world.
If you deliberately downloaded RAV VPN, then you’ve got nothing to worry about. However, if you discover that RAV VPN has been installed on your computer and you don’t know how it got on your computer, then it’s most likely that it was bundled with free programs you can download offline from the Internet.
How did RAV Antivirus get on my computer?
In case you are wondering how RAV Antivirus got on your computer, well, it could be because you allowed it. Technically, it may not be malware itself, but just a useless PoS designed to make you feel everything is infected, therefore you will buy it. At times, it’s masked in malware too.
How was VPN RAV Installed on my Computer?
Want to know how VPN RAV got installed by the users whether knowingly or unknowingly? Most times, this type of program is provided via advertisements, cracks for games, or gathered with other software, leaving the user confused about where this particular software came from.
Always pay attention when installing software because usually, a software installer includes optional installs. Choose what you agree to install very carefully.
You can choose the custom installation and remove anything strange, especially optional software that you didn’t want to download and install before. Do not install software that you don’t trust.
Recommended: Why am I getting Search Marquis?
How to Uninstall VPN by RAV
To delete the RAV VPN and check your computer for malicious programs, you can follow different methods such as using the free malware removal guide or manually checking if there are any unknown or malicious programs installed on the computer.
At times, adware and browser hijackers can have a functional Uninstall entry that can be used to uninstall them. Follow the steps below on how to uninstall VPN by RAV:
Locate and Remove Unwanted Program
Since this type of computer threat involves the appearance of an application, it’s very important to try and find the unwanted program and remove it from the system as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
Note that finding the program can be awkward because many programs can disguise as authorized programs or system files. Therefore, using an antivirus scanner will be helpful to detect the threat from the computer and remove it.
Remove Program via Control Panel
You can uninstall VPN by RAV by removing the program via the Control panel by following the steps below:
- Look for Control Panel in the Windows search bar then tap it.
- The Control Panel should open, and from there tap on Programs >> Programs and Features.
- A list of installed software will be displayed on the screen after a few seconds.
- Scroll down and locate RAV VPN or any other suspicious programs you did not download and right click on the application and click on Uninstall.
Using Revo Uninstaller
In case you are a computer user and you are not sure of what to do, you can resort to using Revo Uninstaller since it is more effective and easy to use. For Windows users, Revo Uninstaller is a very useful tool.
This uninstaller deletes their changes from the Windows Registry, Host File, and so on and not only removes programs from the computer. Follow the steps below on how to uninstall VPN by RAV using Revo uninstaller:
- Using your browser, go to their official website and download the most recent software that is compatible with your system.
- Open the downloaded file and this will guide you through the setup.
- Follow the installation process and wait till the installation of the software has been completed.
- Once the installation process is finished, tick the box that says Launch Revo Uninstaller then tap finish.
- Once the software has been launched, locate the unwanted application that is needed to be deleted, and double-click the program to uninstall it.
- Tap on the Continue button and follow the process of how to start uninstalling the program.
- Once it has been successfully uninstalled, a window will pop up.
- Choose the Advanced option for the scanning mode then click Scan to find remnants of RAV VPN.
- A window will pop up to display all of the leftovers and changes made by the program uninstalled a while ago.
- Tap on the Select All button and click Delete to remove the leftovers found on the Windows Registry.
- You may find some leftover files, click on Select All then Delete them as well.
This is how to uninstall VPN by RAV. Feel free to drop your comments and questions in the section below.