TextNow has two options for users. Users that are paying for ads-free and users that are not paying for ads free. Whichever category you fell into you will learn how to delete TextNow account in this guide.
It’s impossible to delete your TextNow account if you are not paying for the service charge. If your TextNow service is Ad-Free+ and Data Ons there is no way to delete an account on TextNow.
But, if you subscribed to TextNow monthly or annual plan, that is if you are paying for Ad-Free+, you need to follow through how you subscribed to the service and unsubscribe.
So, in this guide, I am going to share with you how to delete TextNow account so that you can follow the same steps to delete your account on TextNow and how to cancel TextNow subscription on Android and iPhone/iPad.
How to Delete your Data from TextNow
Since there is no how to delete TextNow account in users profile settings then the first move is to delete your TextNow account data or change it to fake info.
- Go to Textnow.com and log in to your account.
- Tap on “Settings” to the left pane.
- Tap “Settings >>Account.”
- Change personal information to something different. You can use a fake email address or phone number generator to generate a fake phone number.
- Tap on “Save.”
- Tap “Security & Login.”
- Tap on “Log out of all devices.”
With this, you don’t have to bother to delete your TextNow account but cancel your TextNow subscription if you are paying for TextNow ads-free.
How to Delete TextNow Account
There is no way to delete TextNow account for free and paid users. You only need to make TextNow phone number inactive for 3 days for TextNow to delete your phone number from TextNow data base to delete your TextNow account.
At this point, you will no longer be able to make calls, receive calls, send and receive messages on TextNow.
Note: It doesn’t matter whether you are paying for ads free or not paying for ads free on TextNow. However, if you are paying for ads free on TextNow you must cancel your TextNow subscription.
How to Cancel TextNow Subscription on Android
If you are using an Android phone with subscribed to TextNow ads-free subscription follow the procedures below to unsubscribe.
- Launch the “Google Play” store on your Android.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” to the top left.
- Click on “Subscriptions.”
- Find “TextNow” and click on it.
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Follow the instruction on your phone screen to complete the process.
How to Cancel TextNow Subscription on iPhone
Apple offers a simple approach to cancel TextNow subscription so that you will not get knocked again with your renewal fee.
- Go to your iPhone/iPad settings.
- Tap on your profile picture/icon.
- Click on “Subscriptions” to reveal all platforms that you currently subscribed to.
- Tap on “NextNow” to manage your “TextNow Subscription.”
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Confirm from the popup.
Now, after you have successfully cancelled your subscription on TextNow you need to keep your number inactive for at least 3 days. Therefore, we proceed to what to do to keep your phone number inactive on TextNow so that TextNow can delete your account.
How to Delete TextNow App on Android
To successfully delete your TextNow account you must keep your phone number inactive for a couple of days. And after you have successfully unsubscribed from TextNow subscription follow the procedures below to delete the TextNow app from your Android phone.
- Swipe down your Android phone notification tray.
- Tap on the settings cogwheel gear icon.
- Tap on apps or apps manager.
- Click on on the “TextNow” app.
- Tap on “Uninstall.”
- Tap “OK” from the popup.
Alternatively, press and hold to pinch the TextNow app >> Uninstall >> OK.
As simple as it looks. This will keep your TextNow account inactive and be prone to deletion from TextNow database.
How to Delete TextNow App on iPhone
If you want to keep your TextNow account inactive and be ready for deletion on iPhone. Follow the procedures below to delete the TextNow app on your iPhone.
- Pinch the TextNow app.
- Click on “Remove App” from the popup.
- Tap on the “Delete” button.
- Click “Confirm” to delete the app from the popup.
With this, you will not be able to access the TextNow app on your iPhone/iPad.