Let’s say you conclude to learn how to delete your PayPal account how would you do that? Is it possible to delete a PayPal account on the app or you can only delete your account via the official PayPal website? Well, in this guide, if you have concluded to delete your PayPal account, either personal or business account this guide will guide you through to accomplish that.
There a lot of reasons why you may choose to delete your PayPal account. However, the process to close a PayPal account is simple and it doesn’t require you to contact a PayPal customer care representative.
All that is required is to go to your PayPal account, navigate the interface and click on the close button to delete it.
To delete a PayPal account is permanent. And the process isn’t reversible. There is no way to deactivate a PayPal account and reactivate it later.
So, once you deleted your PayPal account you cannot reactivate it again except for you to create a new PayPal account.
Warning before you Close Down your PayPal
If your decision is to close down your PayPal account permanently, that’s fine. But take note of the following warning before your pull the trigger and say a warm goodbye to PayPal.
- All transaction in your PayPal account will be deleted and they cannot be recovered.
- Users with the same information can no longer register for PayPal. Rather, it’s expected to leave the PayPal account and come back to it one day as you may choose to turn back to PayPal.
- If you have some prominent transaction details that you would need later, it’s advisable to print them out and keep the hardcopy for future purpose or keep the PDF format in your email for future use.
Important Notice: To delete a PayPal account you need a laptop or a desktop computer. At the moment, there is no way to delete a PayPal account on mobile or app.
How to Withdraw PayPal Balance before Closing Down
If you decided to cancel your PayPal account but still have some pending fund in your PayPal account you must do either of the following to be able to close down your PalPal account.
- Transfer your PayPal balance to your bank account or to the linked credit or debit card. This is free and you won’t be charged for this.
- Request that PayPal sends a check to you so that you can claim it in your bank. This, however, can incur a few dollars to complete but a check will be sent to the address you provided after closing your account.
- You can also use your left PayPal fund to purchase goods online before closing down your account.
- You can send the PayPal fund from your PayPal account to another PayPal account before you proceed to cancel the PayPal account.
Unable to Close or Delete your PayPal Account
If you are unable to close your PayPal account the following could be the reason.
- PayPal pending Payment: If you have pending money or a transaction you have not completed you will not be able to close your PayPal account.
So, make sure all PayPal pending payment or order is completed. Otherwise, PayPal will not be able to close or cancel your PayPal account. Also, all unresolved issues must be cleared for you to be able to close your PayPal account.
How to Delete PayPal Account (Personal Account)
The steps below will walk you through to close or cancel your PayPal account. This is how to delete a personal PayPal account.
- Go to www.paypal.com and sign in to the account to delete.
- Select “Settings” to the top right.
- Navigate to “Account Options >> Close your account.”
- Follow the instruction on the screen to close the account.
How to Close Business PayPal Account
The steps to close down a PayPal business account is different from how to delete or cancel your personal account. To delete your PayPal account (business) follow the steps below.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on the “Settings” gear-icon to the top right.
- Under “Account Settings” select “Account Preferences.”
- Go to “Account Type.” It should be “Business” and select “Close Account.”
Follow the instruction on the screen to complete the process. Once you have completed the process, PayPal will send a notification to your PayPal email address.
How to Delete your PayPal Account on App
It’s not possible to delete a PayPal account on a mobile app. To close or cancel your PayPal account you must sign in to your PayPal account on a web browser on your computer or phone browser.
With this guide, you should be able to delete your PayPal account permanently. However, if you are unable to close your PayPal account just leave a comment below on what to do next.