Just so you know, you can easily enable dis-enable and even manage cookies in your Google Chrome browser, on the web or your mobile device. However, for the purpose of this article, we would lay our focus on how to enable cookies in chrome browser. Cookies are the small files that get stored on your computer or mobile phone through your browser history.
These files are created once you visit a website, and they store the information and data about you and your visit. Cookies help your visited websites remember you, your preferences, and settings, thereby making your visit more convenient and useful. It is important to note that some websites will not work properly if you do not have cookies enabled.
Just stick around with us, and we will show you how to enable cookies Chrome in few easy steps explained below.
How to Enable Cookies in Chrome on your Computer and Android Device
Just follow our guide to be able to enable cookies on your Chrome browser. However, if you don’t have the chrome browser installed, it will be a good thing to do that first. You can download Chrome from the website here or from the play store if you are using your mobile phone.
Enable Cookies on your Computer in Chrome
- To enable cookies, start by clicking on the ‘Customize and Control’ button. You will see this on the top-right corner of your Chrome window. After clicking, you will see a menu with lots of options and select ‘Settings,’ and the settings screen will appear.
- Then, search for the Cookies settings once the settings screen appears where you will see a search box at the top of the screen. In case you can only see the magnifying glass icon on your screen, just click or drag your browser window to make it wider so that the search box will appear.
- Because Chrome has a lot of configuration options, you will need to go to the Cookies settings, type the word “cookie” into the search box and allow Chrome will filter out the options that don’t match.
- Following this, you will still see a lot of options. Just scroll down all the way to the bottom of the settings screen. You will see ‘Site settings,’ select it.
- From the site settings section, the first option you will see is Cookies. You will also notice that it will be highlighted in yellow because you searched for it. Just select it and you will see the cookies settings appear.
- You can then choose the cookie settings of your choice. Also, note that you can continuously change your cookies settings as you please.
- Basically, if you want to enable cookies in Chrome, then you should select the first option you see in the settings. The first option is ‘Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended).’ This will enable the websites you visit going forward to store cookies and other data on your computer for as long as these websites desire.
- If you want to disable cookies however, you can turn it off by sliding the option to the left.
What you should, however, consider is that keeping cookies enabled while also turning on ‘keep local data only until you quit your browser’ will only allow normal cookie functionality. Meanwhile, each time you close or re-open your browser, you will need to log into the website afresh. Using these settings would also enable numerous advertising companies’ ability to track your browsing behavior across your numerous browsing sessions.
Another possible option you could consider is to select the ‘Block third-party cookies and site data.’ If you have this option enabled together with the ‘Allow cookies,’ this would mean that any website directly visited would be allowed to store cookies on your computer.
Whereas third-party websites like the server that places advertising banners on the site visited would not be allowed to place a cookie that will track you. Not only will this stop advertising, but it would also be able to decrease the amount of tracking these third party websites perform.
Now that you have made changes to the cookies settings in Chrome, the new settings would begin to take effect immediately. This means that henceforth, the settings would start working only on the websites you visit going forward. Once you are through adjusting the settings, you can close the settings tab and resume your browsing.
To enable cookies in Chrome on your android device, just follow the steps below.
- Open the Chrome application on your mobile device.
- Select the menu icon (three vertical dots) on the top right corner of the screen.
- From the menu, select ‘Settings.’
- Then scroll down and select the ‘Site settings’ option and tap on ‘Cookies.’
- Just beside ‘Cookies,’ you will see a small slider. Note that cookies are enabled only when the slider appears blue and it is disabled if the slider is colored white or gray. You can enable and disable cookie by toggling the slider.
- You can also block third-party cookies on your device by tapping on the box next to the ‘Block third-party cookies’ option.
Also, check how to enable Google Chrome dark mode here.
Now you can successfully enable cookies in Chrome on both the web version and mobile version. Once you have enabled cookies, you would enjoy a better browsing experience as it will save you time and stress.