Has your Bosch dishwasher stopped draining, causing you to find a solution you can use to fix the Bosch dishwasher not draining? Then we are here to help you, as this article will explain how to fix the Bosch dishwasher not draining.
The Bosch dishwasher is a reliable dishwashing brand that is loved by many of its users. It is quite a famous brand because it is budget-friendly, easy to use, efficient, and durable.
The Bosch dishwasher completes all the cycles needed to clean your utensils, from washing to draining and drying.
However, for various reasons, your Bosch dishwasher might stop draining. You can quickly fix the Bosch dishwasher without draining by following specific troubleshooting methods.
The sections of this article will explain why and how to fix the Bosch dishwasher not draining.
Why is the Bosch Dishwasher not draining?
There are various reasons that might be the cause of the Bosch dishwasher not draining. The most common of them is a clogged drain hose, which has been clogged with food debris or other particles preventing the hose from draining correctly.
Another reason might be that your filter is dirty and needs to be cleaned.
Suppose your Bosch dishwasher is not draining because of the reason stated above or for any other reason. In that case, the article’s section below will teach you how to fix the Bosch dishwater not draining situation.
You can also learn How to Reset Kenmore Dishwasher
How to fix Bosch Dishwasher not Draining
There are various reasons that might cause the Bosch dishwasher not draining, and this section of the article will address how to fix the common issues.
If the Bosch dishwasher is not draining because of an obstructed hose that is perhaps blocked by food debris and other particles, you can follow the instruction below to resolve it.
- Switch off both the dishwasher’s power and water supply.
- Disconnect the drain hose from the sink disposal or drain.
- Then, remove every visible debris and obstruction using a straightened wire hanger or plier.
- If you cannot see any debris on the hose, you should disconnect it from the dishwasher to check if it is damaged.
- If the hose is damaged, then you have to replace it.
If the reason for your Bosch dishwasher not draining is due to a clogged filter, then you can quickly resolve this by cleaning the filter.
Follow the instruction below to fix the Bosch dishwasher not draining by cleaning the filter.
- First, remove the bottom rack of the dishwasher.
- Then remove the filter from the dishwasher by rotating the filter knob to the left and lifting it.
- Remove the filter from its mesh screen and use a soft brush with detergent to scrub both to remove any debris and other particles.
- Then rinse both the filter and the mesh screen under running water.
- Then air dries the filter and the mesh screen, and reassemble when both have completely dried.
- Then put the filter back into the dishwasher by rotating the knob to the right to secure it.
If you have tried both of the methods above to fix the Bosch dishwasher not draining with no success, then you might have to attempt the other solutions below.
If you notice that the dishwasher pump is blocked, then you should follow the instruction below to unblock it, as a blocked pump can be the reason for the Bosch dishwasher not draining.
Follow the instruction below to unblock the dishwasher pump.
- Remove the bottom basket of the Bosh dishwasher.
- Then twist the filter knob and lift away to remove the filter unit.
- Then use a soft sponge to scoop out the extra water from the dishwasher.
- Then gently remove the pump cover with a teaspoon.
- Then hold the cover firmly and pull till it starts to resist.
- Now pull it forward, check the pump for any foreign objects, and remove it.
- Check that the pump impeller is moving freely, then replace the pump cover.
- Then put the filter back into the dishwasher.
- Also, replace the bottom basket.
You can then start to use the Bosch dishwasher. However, if you noticed that the pump impeller or the pump itself is damaged, you would have to order a replacement.
You should also check your garbage disposer, as too much garbage could cause prevent the bosh dishwasher from draining.
Also, always remember to run garbage disposal before every wash cycle to remove food debris and other particles that might stop the Bosch dishwasher from draining.
How to Reset a Bosch Dishwasher Drain
It is usually very frustrating when the Bosch dishwasher is not functioning as expected, leaving you with dirty plates after a wash cycle or any other less desirable outcome.
Luckily, it is pretty easy to reset a Bosch dishwasher drain, and resetting the Bosch dishwasher drain has been known to resolve many issues with the Bosch dishwasher.
If you have a newer model of the Bosh dishwasher drain, then you can reset it by pressing and holding down the start button for about 3 seconds, and your Bosh dishwasher will reset.
If you are using an older model of the Bosh dishwasher, then to reset the dishwasher, you have to press and hold down the drain/cancel button for approximately 3 to 5 seconds, and the dishwasher will automatically reset.
If the automatic reset is not working, or you prefer to reset the Bosh dishwasher drain manually, then you can follow the instructions below.
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power source, or turn it off from the circuit breaker in your home electrical panel if you cannot reach the dishwasher cable.
- Then wait for about 3 minutes, plug the dishwasher back into its power outlet, or turn it on from the circuit breaker in the electrical panel.
These instructions above will help you manually reset your Bosch dishwasher drainer.
How to Force Drain Bosch Dishwasher
If you have a Bosch dishwasher not draining situation, and you want to force drain from the Bosch dishwasher, the only way to do this is to reset the Bosch dishwasher.
However, it is pretty easy to reset the Bosch dishwasher. If you use the newer model, all you need to do is press and hold down the start button for about 3 seconds.
For the older model of the Bosh dishwasher, press and hold down the cancel/drain button for about 3 to 5 seconds.
This article has explained the different solutions you can employ to fix the Bosch dishwasher not draining.
However, if after trying out these methods and the Bosch dishwasher is still not draining, we recommend that you either reach out to the Bosh customer care helpline or request the service of a technician for further assistance.