One of the advantages of owning an Insignia Fire TV remote is the ability to seamlessly stream limitless channels via the Fire Stick Device when connected to your Insignia TV.
Since the Fire Stick Turns your TV into a smart TV it’s a no-brainer when it comes to buying it.
But then, that doesn’t stop the fact that you will sometimes come across different issues with your Insignia TV or Remote.
Sometimes it might be the TV not coming ON or the Remote begins to malfunction.
- In a scenario where your Insignia Fire TV remote isn’t connecting with your TV, what are you supposed to do? Probably you’ve tried removing the batteries or you’ve power cycled it but you are still faced with your Insignia Fire TV Remote Not working till now.
You are at the right place since I will be breaking down the reasons why your Insignia Fire TV remote is not working and the numerous Troubleshooting Steps you have to take to resolve it issue.
Why is your Insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working?
In most cases, your Insignia Fire TV could begin to malfunction due to a series of problems such as a low or poorly connected battery, Obstruction while operating the remote or maybe it is a technical issue.
Anyway, before you take your phone to a repairer, here are some proven troubleshooting steps you ought to carry out before giving up on the remote.
How to Troubleshoot: Insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working?
Now, if you are faced with this issue. Below are the few steps you should take to resolve it.
1. Check the battery
Sometimes you might be surprised as to how far a low battery can go to make your remote malfunction. In other instances, it could be a result of a poorly inserted battery which might cause you to remove the battery and simply insert it back into it correctly.
If you’ve opened up the battery and it’s still okay
- Wait for 2-3 minutes before inserting the batteries into the remote.
- Close the battery lid and see if your Insignia Fire Tv remote Issue has been resolved.
If it hasn’t you should try out the next troubleshooting step below.
2. Do a Power Cycle
To carry out a power cycle, simply unplug your insignia TV from all the components that are attached to it while also unplugging it from the power outlet. Now, Plug it back and see if the remote is working.
If your Insignia Fire TV remote not working persist then, you might have to Reset your Remote
3. Reset Your Insignia Remote
Resetting your remote will clear out any stored data or settings that are associated with the remote. Since you are aware of that, here is how to carry out a simple reset.
- Press and hold down the D-PAD-left together with the menu button for 10 seconds.
- After doing this, your remote will be automatically unpaired from your TV and you will have to pair it back.
If after pairing it back the issue continues then you should factory reset the Insignia TV
if you don’t know how to pair your Insignia Fire Tv remote follow the steps below
How to Pair insignia Fire TV Remote
Long press the Home Button on your remote controller for 10 seconds. after doing that, your remote should pair with the device within a minute.
3. Factory Reset Insignia TV
Sometimes the issue going on with your remote could come from the TV, but how will you know this. An easy way is by carrying out a factory reset on your TV.
If you are unsure of how to do that, Here is how you can go about it.
- Use your remote to Navigate from the main screen on your TV to “Settings”.
- Next, choose the “System” option.
- And lastly, choose the “Reset to Factory Defaults” option.
- After doing all these, your TV will be restored to its factory state.
NOTE: you can also do this with your phone hereby making it a remote, you just have to sign in with the correct login credentials.
Now, apart from carrying out a factory reset with your remote or your android app, you can also reset it by pressing the power button for 10 seconds till the screen changes.
If after trying all these, the issue of your Insignia Fire TV remote Not working keeps persisting then you might have to get a new remote.
Insignia Fire TV Remote not Working only Power Button
If you are faced with a scenario where your Insignia remote is not working, however, the power button still works, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot it.
- Firstly, you should first carry out a power cycle on your remote by unplugging any components connected to it.
- Now plug it back after 2 minutes.
- If this doesn’t work, Simply visit the PlayStore and download the insignia TV app over here.
if you haven’t resolved the Insignia Fire TV remote Not working, you might have to carry a factory reset on your TV by pressing the power button for ten second
How to use Insignia Fire TV without Remote
If you are looking for a way to control your insignia TV without using the remote, you have to use the app.
- Now, download the App and install it on your device.
- Once you have done that, power ON your TV with the squared-shape button at the back of your TV
- While doing this, you have to be sure that your device is on the same wireless network as your TV.
- Now, launch the app and connect it with the TV by logging into your account.
Now, if you have a USB keyboard. Do you know you can connect it to your remote TV?. The reason why it will work with your TV is that your TV is powered using an Android OS.
To connect it to your USB keyboard, plug the USB into any available space on your TV and use it to Navigate the TV.
Insignia Fire TV remote Replacement
When you are out looking for a replacement for your remote, It is much safer to get the direct replacement to avoid getting a remote that won’t be able to perform some of the functions of your Initial TV Remote.
If you are getting a Universal Remote, you are well aware that it has its limitation.
However, for a direct replacement here is how you can go about it
Get your TV model number. To quickly get your model number – the Remote model number follow the steps below
- Get your remote
- Open the battery compartment
- Take out the battery
- Look inside the battery compartment door, you should see a code beginning with RCR, RC, RM, or RCU.
- Now, copy or snap it so that you will be able to use it to get a direct replacement for your TV
How to reset Insignia Fire TV without remote
If you want to reset your Insignia Fire TV without using the remote you can either do that with the Fire TV app or a USB keyboard.
The process follows the same approach the only difference lies in what you use to navigate to the factory reset option.
However, in a scenario where you don’t have either the USB keyboard or the remote or probably you don’t want to use your Fire TV phone app. Here is how you can carry out a factory reset.
- Here is how you factory reset your TV using the Remote app.
- Firstly, unplug your TV from the wall socket.
- Now, long press the power button on your insignia tv.
- After doing that, press and hold down the power button while you then plug the cord into the wall socket.
- Immediately, your insignia tv comes on release your hands off the power button
- Wait for your insignia TV to go to the android recovery mode
- Once you are in android recovery mode, you will see different options,
- On this window, press the button and highlight the “wipe data/factory reset option”.
- After doing this, long press the power button till the “wipe data/factory reset” option changes to green color. Once it turns green, release your hands.
- Now, you will be displayed a confirmation message. Simply proceed to click the power button once.
- Once it changes the “yes” option to green release your hands.
After doing all these the factory reset will begin.
Insignia Fire TV remote not working with new batteries
If your Firestick TV remote isn’t working after installing a new battery into it, there are two probable causes of that, It is either your batteries are not working or you don’t place it in the battery compartment correctly.
If after checking these and the remote isn’t working it means the remote isn’t the issue.
Firestick remote not pairing
if your firestick remote isn’t pairing with your TV. Below are a few things you want to verify.
- Check the batteries if they are okay and well placed
- Make sure you are not too far from the TV while carrying out the pairing process
- Perform a power cycle. Unplug your Tv from the Adapter and Plug it back in.
NOTE: You can’t connect more than 7 controllers on your AT once, you have to unpair one if you are not able to pair it with your TV.
By now you should have figured out how to resolve Insignia Fire TV remote not working issues with or without your insignia TV remote, if you have other other smart TV remote and you are also having few issue with them you might want to check out this article.