Do you use the Simplisafe home security system and you have been having an issue with Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm, then this article is for you as we will be looking at how to resolve the Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm issue.
The Simplisafe smoke detector is one of the best smoke detectors currently available in the market. It uses photoelectric sensors, and the photoelectric sensors detect smoke using a light beam inside the detector.
The following are a few of its remarkable features:
- The Simplisafe smoke detector is wireless device and uses a CR123 battery.
- When the Simplisafe smoke detector gives out a false alarm, the test button is used as the silence button.
- The CR123 battery in the Simplisafe smoke detector lasts for an average of 5 years.
- When a detector is tripped, only that detector and the base station will sound an alarm. The other smoke detectors in your home will not sound an alarm until they individually detect the smoke.
- The Simplisafe smoke detectors are certified by UL-268.
Why does the Simplisafe Smoke Detector False Alarm Problem Occur?
The Simplisafe smoke detector uses photoelectric smoke detectors, which detect smoke faster than other detector types but can also occasionally cause the Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm.
The Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm usually occurs when the smoke detector notices certain particles in the air.
The Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm typically occurs due to excess steam coming from a bathroom or kitchen, dust build up inside the smoke detector, or on rare occasions, a tiny bug finding its way inside the smoke detector.
Also check out How to Fix SimpliSafe Motion Sensor not Working
How to Prevent Simplisafe Smoke Detector False Alarm
There are a few measures you can take to prevent Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm, and they are listed below.
- Install the SimpliSafe smoke detector in a bit of a distance from any steam-producing device or appliance.
- Vacuum the Simplisafe smoke detector once a month to keep dust and debris at bay. (You can also do this anytime you get a SimpliSafe smoke detector false alarm).
Follow the instructions above to prevent Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm. However, if you are getting multiple false alarms on a regular occurrence, it is advised that you reach out to the Simplisafe customer care team for professional assistance.
We discussed how to fix the SimpliSafe smart lock not responding in this article.
How to do a SimpliSafe Smoke Detector Installation
If you have just gotten a Simplisafe smoke detector, this section will explain the required steps to do a Simplisafe smoke detector installation.
It is usually recommended that you install your Simplisafe smoke detector in every floor in your house.
However, you should not install your SimpliSafe smoke detector near a furnace, bathroom, and any device or appliance you might own that produces steam to prevent the Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm.
How to Install SimpliSafe Smoke Detector on an Original Simplisafe
If you use the original Simplisafe security system, i.e., Simplisafe security system produced before 2018, you can follow the steps below to install the Simplisafe smoke detector on the original SimpliSafe.
- The white battery activation tab that hangs from the battery compartment should be removed.
- After that, rotate the Smoke Detector counterclockwise to remove it from its mounting bracket.
- Then use the provided screws and wall anchors to attach the bracket to your wall or ceiling.
- After the bracket is in place, take your Smoke Detector and place it against the bracket, twisting it clockwise until it clicks into place.
- Then pull your Smoke Detector gently to ensure that it is properly fastened.
When your Simplisafe smoke detector is properly installed, there should be no solid lights, so pay attention to the lights, as a solid yellow light indicates that the Simplisafe smoke detector is not properly linked to the bracket, and some form of adjustment is required for it to install properly.
If you have followed the steps above, and your Simplisafe smoke detector blinks a red light every five to six seconds with no sound, you have successfully installed Simplisafe smoke detector on the original Simplisafe home security system.
How to Install SimpliSafe Smoke Detector on a Gen 3 Simplisafe
If the Simplisafe home security system you use was manufactured in 2018 and beyond, it means you are using the Gen 3 Simplisafe, and this section will teach you how to install Simplisafe smoke detector on a Gen 3 Simplisafe.
The process of installing a Simplisafe smoke detector on a gen 3 Simplisafe is quite simple and requires little to no technical expertise.
To install Simplisafe smoke detector on a gen 3 Simplisafe home security system, follow the steps below.
- Rotate the mounting bracket clockwise to remove it from the detector.
- Use the provided screw and wall anchors to mount the bracket to the wall.
- Push the smoke detector against the mounting bracket and rotate it clockwise till it is in its proper position.
If you have followed the steps above, and your Simplisafe smoke detector blinks a red light every five to six seconds with no sound, you have successfully installed Simplisafe smoke detector on the gen 3 Simplisafe home security system.
How to Install Simplisafe Smoke Detector Battery
If your Simplisafe smoke detector battery is dead or broken, you might need to put in a new one.
Follow the steps below to install Simplisafe smoke detector battery.
- To begin, remove the battery compartment from the smoke detector.
- Then, install the new 3V lithium battery and double-check that the positive and negative ends are properly aligned.
- The smoke detector will emit a chirping sound to confirm that it is correctly inserted once it is properly installed.
This article has covered a couple of issues as regards the Simplisafe smoke detector. We have looked at how to prevent Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm, Simplisafe smoke detector installation, and how to install Simplisafe smoke detector battery.
However, suppose you run into any form of issue or difficulties when attempting to carry out any of these tasks. In that case, it is highly recommended that you seek professional assistance from the Simplisafe customer support team as they are always on hand to offer the needed support.