If you have been having issues with SimpliSafe motion sensor not working, get familiar with this article to learn about possible ways to resolve the inability of your SimpliSafe wireless home security to detect motion.
The SimpliSafe Motion Sensor is designed to detect motion within 30 feet, specifically human heat signatures. It can be placed on a shelf, adhered to a wall, or tucked into a corner for optimum room coverage.
If you are subscribed to the monitoring plan, when there is an intruder in your home, the motion sensor will notify the monitoring center, which will inform the authorities.
Because of its basic operating concept, motion sensors are an excellent approach to secure your smart home. They will either set off an alert or do whatever they are designed to do if they detect movement or motion near them.
They can also send you a notification if they notice anything suspicious, and as a result, these motion sensors can be found in many security monitoring systems for your smart home, as they assist in keeping your home free from various kinds of danger.
The SimpliSafe motion sensor is one of the best available motion sensors or detectors. However, just like every other device, it can generate certain faults that will require fixing.
One of the issues that can occur is the SimpliSafe motion sensor not working issue. When this happens, the motion sensor will not recognize any form of motion, which can expose you to security risks and defeats the purpose of having a motion sensor.
However, below are are the troubleshooting methods to resolve the SimpliSafe motion sensor not working problem in your home.
Check out How to Resolve SimpliSafe Smart Lock not Responding
How to Fix the SimpliSafe Motion Sensor not Working by Replacing the Batteries
Motion sensors require batteries to function correctly, which means that when the batteries are not running correctly, it will cause an issue for the motion sensor.
To see if the motion sensor is still working, you will have to check the batteries, and if it is not, the motion sensor battery may be dead.
Then you have to replace it with new batteries to resolve the issue. Therefore, we will walk you through the steps that you should take to replace or change your SimpliSafe battery.
Check these recommended SimpliSafe batteries.
After replacing the batteries, try using the motion sensor to confirm that the SimpliSafe motion sensor not working issue has been resolved.
- Remove the SimpliSafe sensor from the bracket.
- Remove the dead battery [ies] by pressing the battery remove button or push the battery and pull it to remove the battery from the battery socket.
- Replace the battery with a new battery.
Fix SimpliSafe Motion Sensor by Checking the Position of Your Motion Sensor from the System
You could encounter the SimpliSafe motion sensor not working issue if you installed your motion sensors a bit too far away from the base station.
While you can fix this either by changing the location of your motion sensor or relocating the base station. It is advisable that you relocate the base station.
However, whichever decision you make, just ensure that the distance between the motion sensor and the base station is within the recommended distance according to the SimpliSafe motion sensor manual.
Then test the Simplisafe motion sensor to confirm that the Simplisafe motion sensor not working issue has been resolved.
How to Test SimpliSafe Motion Sensor
The steps needed to test SimpliSafe motion sensor are basic and do not require any form of technical expertise.
Follow the steps below to test SimpliSafe motion sensor.
- On the top of the Motion Sensor, press the Test Button.
- To get an accurate test, leave the room where the motion sensor you are testing is placed for about 15 seconds.
- Then re-enter the room, and you will then hear a prompt from the base station that says Motion sensor.
Hearing this from the base station means you have successfully tested your motion sensor.
How to do a Simplisafe Motion Sensor Battery Replacement
Whether the battery of your motion sensor is dead or broken, you will need to do a SimpliSafe motion sensor battery replacement.
To change your SimpliSafe motion sensor battery, you do not need to take the entire motion sensor off the wall.
You only have to do the following:
- Remove the SimpliSafe motion sensor from its mounting bracket by sliding it off. That will expose its CR-123A Lithium 3V battery.
- Then replace the old CR-123A Lithium 3V battery with a new one.
You can then mount back your Simplisafe motion sensor since you have successfully replaced the battery of the motion sensor.
How to Fix SimpliSafe Device Connection Problem
Most times Simplisafe device connection problem occurs because Simplisafe is unable to connect to the WiFi.
Follow the steps below to reconnect Simplisafe to your WiFi system.
- Confirm that your router is transmitting your network on a 2.4 GHz signal rather than a 5GHz signal, as the SimpliSafe system is configured to operate with 2.4 GHz WiFi networks for better coverage.
- You’ll need to re-enter your password on your keypad if your SSID (name of your WiFi network) and/or WiFi Password has recently been changed.
- Check to see if your SSID is hidden. If this is the case, go to your WiFi Router’s network settings and make the network discoverable.
- Power cycle your base station and attempt to reconnect it.
- Reset your router’s WiFi.
- Bring your base station closer to your WiFi router and connect the base station to the WiFi.
If you have followed the steps listed above, you have been able to resolve the Simplisafe device connection problem.
This article has explained how to fix Simplisafe motion sensor not working problem, test Simplisafe motion sensor, do a Simplisafe motion battery replacement, and fix Simplisafe device connection problem.
Suppose you encounter any issue while attempting to fix Simplisafe motion sensor not working issue, or any of the other issues explained in this article. In that case, it is highly recommended that you reach out to the SimpliSafe customer support team for further assistance.