Apart from Snapchat tap to load, Snapchat could not refresh, or Snapchat won’t refresh is a significant issue I faced most times when using the Snapchat app. I will be funny if I didn’t mention “Snapchat grey arrow check” also gave me a headache before I know what it means.
However, when you are facing “Snapchat can’t refresh,” there are some steps to make to fix the error on your Snapchat app. We will provide all the steps we took to fix “could not refresh Snapchat” on Android.
Meanwhile, while trying each of the steps, we will share here, navigate back to your Snapchat app to see if the “Snapchat not refreshing” error is fixed.
Once one of the steps fixed the “Snapchat can’t refresh,” then you can abandon other steps.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix “Snapchat could not Refresh.”
- Check Your Internet Connection or Change Your WiFi
- Restarting your phone Could also Help.
- Clear Snapchat Caches
- Log Out from your Snapchat and Log in again.
- You Won’t Be Able to Refresh the Snapchat App if their Server is Down.
- Clear Snapchat Lens Data
- Remove your Account from Snapchat
- Remove Snapchat App and Re-install
How to Fix “Snapchat could not Refresh.”
To fix Snapchat won’t refresh and restore the app to its normalcy do the following.
- Check your network internet connection or change your router or modem or connect to another WiFi.
- Restart your phone, and try refreshing Snapchat.
- Clear Snapchat caches.
- Log out of your Snapchat account and log in again.
- Uninstall and Re-install Snapchat.
- Check whether the Snapchat server is down
- Clear Snapchat Data if nothing changes
Check Your Internet Connection or Change Your WiFi
When you are facing issues like Snapchat won’t load or snap, not refreshing check whether you are connected to the internet, or you are just connected without a network connection. Also, changing your WiFi could be of help.
Also, you can turn on airplane mode on your phone and turn off the airplane mode, connect to the internet to see whether the couldn’t refresh Snapchat error is a network problem.
Restarting your phone Could also Help.
I found out that when my Snapchat app hanged and couldn’t refresh the screen, simply restarting my phone solve the problem most times.
However, when your Snapchat is misbehaving and failed to refresh or failed to load snap, restarting the device could solve the glitch in no time.
So, before you dive into the advanced steps to fix Snapchat won’t refreshing or Snapchat not refreshing error, first restart your phone and go back to the page and swipe down to refresh the screen to see whether it has been solved.
Clear Snapchat Caches
There are two ways to clear Snapchat caches to fix Snapchat couldn’t refresh. You can clear the app caches within the app or via your phone app.
To clear Snapchat caches within the app, just follow the procedures below.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Tap on the “Settings” gear icon to the top right.
- Scroll down and click on “Clear Cache.”
- Tap “Continue” from the pop.
The app cache will be cleared. Now, try to refresh the screen to see if it works.
If this didn’t work as expected, follow the steps below to clear the Snapchat app cache in your phone app.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Click on “Apps” or Apps manager.”
- Tap on Snapchat.
- Tap “Storage”
- Tap Caches
Now, go back to your Snapchat app and swipe down the screen to refresh whether it’ll refresh.
Log Out from your Snapchat and Log in again.
Logging out and logging in to your Snapchat account is yet another approach I embarked on to fix Snapchat when I tried to refresh it but it won’t.
When you log out of your Snapchat account, restart your phone and log in again, the app automatically reset and fix all temporary error.
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your profile picture
- Tap on the settings cogwheel icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Log out.”
- Tap on “Log Out”
Now, restart your phone, re-launch the app, click on “Log in” to sign in to your Snapchat account.
You Won’t Be Able to Refresh the Snapchat App if their Server is Down.
If the Snapchat server is down refreshing the app won’t work. Not only that, but snap also won’t work, and you won’t be able to swipe link or add a link to your Snapchat story.
How then do you know that the Snapchat server is down for you or down globally? Here is how to check whether a site server is down or not.
Go to Google and type “Snapchat Server Down” and click on “Downdetector” for the latest information on the Snapchat server status.
So, if the Snapchat server is down, you will see when the last Snapchat server was down, and if nothing is wrong with the Snapchat server, you see it that there is no problem with the Snapchat server.
And you will also have access to the Snapchat server in the last 24 hours and most reported Snapchat problems which can include refreshing or snaps refresh, sending snaps error, taking pictures or video with the camera roll.
Clear Snapchat Lens Data
Snapchat stores a small amount of data on your device to make Snapchat work perfectly on your smartphone. However, when these data become excess, it may affect the Snapchat app. Therefore, we will the stored data that if none of the above steps fix the Snapchat error blocking Snapchat from refreshing.
- Log in to your Snapchat account.
- Tap on the profile picture to the top left.
- Click on “Settings cogwheel” to the top right.
- Scroll down and click “clear lens data.
- Tap clear from the popup.
Now, refresh the Snapchat app to see if it works.
Remove your Account from Snapchat
If your Snapchat account was working before you saved your logins on the app, I would advise you to remove the account and manually log in to the account every time.
- First, log out of your Snapchat account.
- Re-launch the Snapchat app.
- Tap “Remove Account”
- Tap “yes” from the popup.
Henceforth, you will be asked to enter your login username and password instead of logging automatically.
Remove Snapchat App and Re-install
This can be hard, but since you won’t lose your friends and snap when you log in again, nothing should stop you from removing the Snapchat app and re-install it again if that’s what will fix the Snapchat couldn’t refresh issue on your account.
There are various ways to follow to uninstall apps on your phone. Here are the known popular means.
- Go to your phone app.
- Tap on “Apps”
- Tap on “Snapchat”
- Tap “Uninstall”
- Follow the instruction on the screen.
- Go to your app menu.
- Press and hold the “Snapchat” app.
- Tap “Uninstall” from the popup.
The Snapchat app will be removed from your phone. Now, consider restarting the phone before you download the Snapchat app again from Google play store.
If you are a fan of Google Play Store, you can also uninstall the app from the play store. Here is how…
- Launch the “Google Play Store” app.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” icon to the top left.
- Tap on “My apps & games.”
- Tap on “Snapchat”
- Tap on “Uninstall”
Now, restart your phone and go to the “Google play store” to download the Snapchat app again.
Snapchat could not refresh is a major problem on Snapchat. However, the procedures we shared here will help to fix the inability to refresh Snapchat on your device.