Wattpad is a platform that brings together writers and publishers all over the world to publish their stories for engagement. As at the time of writing this article, Wattpad is proud of 80 million readers on the platform.
On Wattpad, there is no commitment to both the readers and the writers. But, if you want your voice to be heard quickly with the unique stories that you write you can try Wattpad premium of which you can unsubscribe at any moment.
After your Wattpad premium free week you will be charged but there is no commitment. This implies that you can cancel your membership and delete your account at any time. Therefore, in this guide, we will detail how to delete Wattpad account.
However, if you do not want Wattpad to keep your data you first need to cancel your Wattpad subscription. Therefore, here in this guide, I will walk you first, how to cancel Wattpad subscription and then proceed to how to delete a Wattpad account with your Wattpad ID.
Table of Contents
- How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription
- How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription on iPhone
- How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription on iTunes
- How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription on Android
- How to Delete Wattpad Account on Web
- How to Delete Wattpad Account on App
- How to Confirm Wattpad Account Closure
- How to Reactivate Deleted Wattpad Account
How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription
There are different ways to manage Wattpad subscription. It all depends on how you subscribed to the service.
So, we’ll explain all methods that you can follow to cancel mu Wattpad subscription.
How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription on iPhone
If you are using an iPhone there is a possibility that you subscribed to the academic platform on the iOS device. Therefore, below is how to cancel your subscription.
- Open your iPhone settings.
- Click on your profile picture and tap “Subscriptions.”
- Find “Wattpad subscription” and click on the “Manage” option.
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Confirm it from the popup.
Technically, this is how to cancel Wattpad subscription on iPhone but, if the option to cancel your subscription is missing, click on “iTunes & App Store” and click on “Apple ID” and click “View Apple ID.” You then need to scroll down and click on”Cancel Subscription” tab.
How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription on iTunes
This is for non-iPhone users. You can proceed to iTunes and cancel your Wattpad subscription. No Wattpad login or Wattpad ID is required.
- Open iTunes software on your PC. Or download it here.
- Click on “Account” from the “Menu” and click on “view my account.”
- Sign in with your Apple ID if you are prompted to do so.
- Now, click on “View Account” again.
- Click on “Settings >> Subscription >> Manage.
- Find the “Wattpad Subscription” if you have more than one service that you are subscribed to.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription.”
Now, follow the instruction on the screen to confirm that you want to cancel your Wattpad subscription.
How to Cancel Wattpad Subscription on Android
It’s rather simple to cancel subscriptions on Android on the Google play store app. If you don’t know how to find your ways around this, follow the steps below.
- Open the preinstalled Google play store app on your phone.
- Click on the “Hamburger” to the top left and tap on “My Subscription.”
- Find and select the “Wattpad App.” Do not click on the app as this will literally open the book app.
- Once the “Wattpad app” is selected click on “Manage Subscription.
- Click on the “Cancel Subscription” tab and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
How to Delete Wattpad Account on Web
When you delete Wattpad app from your phone it doesn’t translate to deleting your Wattpad account. Therefore, to delete your Wattpad account, you need to follow the steps below.
- Go to the official Wattpad website.
- Click on the option to “Log in” and select your login option from the popup.
- Click on your “Wattpad settings” in your account profile.
- Look to the right of the pane and click on “Close Account.” This will take you to option to “Delete” your Wattpad account.
- Fill the mandatory form with all the necessary information.
- Check “yes I’m sure” please close my account.
- To confirm this, enter your “Wattpad login password.”
- Click on “Close Account.”
You can do this on any browser and on any device. Be it PC or Mac or Android or iPhone browser.
How to Delete Wattpad Account on App
The supposed fastest approach to close or delete Wattpad account is on the app. Just open the app, go to the settings, click on close account, and done. But, wait, this doesn’t exist on Android and iOS app yet.
How to Confirm Wattpad Account Closure
It’s open to you to confirm that your Wattpad account was closed successfully following the steps above. And here is how.
- Open a browser and go to Type in https://www.wattpad.com/user/yourusername
- Replace “yourusername” with your “Wattpad username.”
- If your Wattpad account is deleted successfully, you should see “user not found.”
How to Reactivate Deleted Wattpad Account
There is no need to create a new Wattpad account if you are reconsidering Wattpad again. All you need to do is to reactivate the old Wattpad account.
To reactivate your Wattpad account follow the steps below.
- Go to the official Wattpad website or open the Wattpad mobile app.
- Click on the “Login” tab and sign in to your Wattpad account.