What is “Thug Life” on Facebook and how do you get rid of it? This post address how to get rid of thug of life on Facebook. So take a seat and let do this together.
Facebook has grown from simple to complex over the years. And the platform is growing bigger by the day in features and how to make like simple. Facebook wants to make everything happen on the platform to make sure that they keep all users on the platform at all cost. With that, Facebook keeps redesigning and adding new features to the platform. The latest addition is the feature to play games with your friends in the messenger app for free.
Some of these games include but not limited to “Thug Life Game”. When the game was added it was a great addition, however, over time, there have been bad reviews about the Facebook game for sending tons of notifications to all participants thereby causing distress to the users. And ever since, almost all that play the game at one point or the other wants to know how to get rid of the Thug Life game notification so that they would stop receiving these unwanted messages.
If you are one of these people, it takes a few steps to get rid of thug life game from Facebook Messenger to stop receiving unwanted notifications from the app.
Table of Contents
What Does Thug Life Mean?
As it stands, apart from recognizing “Thug Life” on Facebook as a game in the messenger app, it means, “a group of hip hop singers” that was spearhead by Tupac Shakur.”
Furthermore, it’s is explained that “Thug Life” means a fight against all resilience and odds to succeed in life.
However, coupled with the “Thug Life game on Facebook Messenger”, we can so say that “Thug Life means” a fight against all odds that is against winning while playing it as a game with your friends.
If you have played the “Thug Life game” a few times on Facebook you will understand the true meaning.
How to Delete Thug Life Game on Facebook
You can only delete the “Thug Life” game from your Facebook messenger, but, you can not remove it permanently from Facebook, Meanwhile, if you enjoy playing the game with your friends but feel bad because of the tons of notifications that you receive from the game, you may want to take this alternative route to turn off Facebook notification.
However, if it’s more than the notification, whether you are now addicted to playing thug life on Facebook all day, then, you need to remove or delete the app from your Facebook messenger.
How to Get Rid of Thug Life on Facebook App
We will tackle it one after the other. So, let’s see how to get rid of thug life notification on Facebook using the platform mobile app on your phone.
- Open the Facebook app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” located at the top right.
- Scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy.
- Tap “Settings” from the expansion.
- Tap on the “Facebook Instant game.”
- Hover to the “Active” tab and select the “Thug Life” game.
- Tap “Remove” to get rid of it from your instant app.
- Tap on “Delete your game history on Facebook” to remove all files that you have saved on Facebook following the removal of the thug life game.
- Tap “Remove” from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, check all remove your game history on Facebook.”
This will get rid of the thug life game from your Facebook messenger. Once this is successful, you will see the confirmation page telling you that you are “Done” removing the game and all its files and your game history from Facebook.
How to Delete Thug Life Game on Facebook using the Messenger App
Another way to stop thug life game on Facebook is to uninstall the game. So, here in this guide, you will learn how to uninstall thug life game on the Messenger app.
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap on your account “Profile.”
- Scroll down and tap “Account Settings.”
- Log in to your Facebook account if you are prompted.
- Tap “Instant Game”
- Hover to the “Active” tab and click on it.
- Now, select “Thug Life game” from the tab.
- Tap the popup “Remove” button.
- Tick “delete your game history on Facebook.”
- Check “also delete your game history on Facebook” under “Remove this instant game.”
- Wait for a few seconds for Facebook to delete the thug life game from your messenger.
Once the game has been removed, you will see the done button. This is exactly how to uninstall thug life on Facebook using the messenger app.
How to Stop Thug Life Game on Facebook Web
Facebook allows you to stop thug life game on web.facebook.com via the settings and accessing the instant game section. Here is how if you don’t know how to do this.
- Go to web.facebook.com and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the drop-menu to the top right and select “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap “Settings” from the expansion.
- Scroll down the left and tap “Instant game.”
- Check “the edit button” adjacent to the game.
- Tap the “Remove” button.
- Under “Remove thug life” pop up, check “Delete posts, videos or events Thug Life posted on your timeline” and choose whether to “Send notification to Thug Life that you removed it. They may offer you another way to log in and tap “Remove.”
How to Stop Thug Life Facebook Notifications
If you don’t have any bad feelings about the thug life game other than the unwanted notifications, you can stop the notification. When this is stopped, it tells the game to stop sending notifications to you. So, with this, you can come back to play the game at will without the need to download it again.
- Log in to your Facebook account on PC (Windows/Mac).
- Tap on the drop menu >> Settings & Privacy >> Settings.”
- Tap the “Instant Game” that is located to the bottom left.
- Tap “view and edit” opposite to the though life game icon.
- Scroll down to “Can the instant game send you notification” and select “No” from the option.
- Hit the “Save” button.
The instant game page will reload and the settings will take effect. That is how to stop though life instant game notifications. Now, that we have discussed how to get rid of thug life on Facebook messenger, you can now relax and use your phone and Facebook account and messenger in peace without unwanted notifications coming into your phone at every odd hour.