With the preinstalled YouTube all, you do not need to download the YouTube app again. Except to download YouTube Go app, the YouTube lightweight app like UC Mini lite app and other popular apps that have a lightweight app due to a slow internet connection.
However, Google allows users to download the YouTube version of their choice if the latest version isn’t pleasing. Through the Google play store, you can download and install YouTube app on your smartphone.
You can also download YouTube APK app from APK site for more features compared to the YouTube official app.
Without wasting time, we’d explain to detail how to download and Install YouTube app on Android, upgrade YouTube app if you already have the app installed on your phone.
Install YouTube App
There are a series of ways to download and install YouTube mobile app on a supported device like Android and iOS smartphone.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the whole process of downloading, transferring, and installing the YouTube app.
Download YouTube App from the Apps Store
The official recommended source to download YouTube app for Android and iOS is via the app source. Now, we are gonna take it one after the other.
Android Play Store
This support all Google Android OS version. Starting from Google first OS to Android Pie, you can follow this direction to download and install the YouTube app on your phone.
- Launch the Google play store on your phone
- Type “YouTube” and click on search
- Click on “install” to install the app or tap “update” if you are running the older version.
For Blackberry users, follow this procedure to download the new YouTube app or update to the latest version.
- Go to Blackberry app world on your phone
- Type “YouTube” and click on search
- Tap download & install button
- Wait for some couple of minutes the YouTube app will be installed successfully on your Blackberry.
The approach to download YouTube app for iPhone/iPad/iPod is similar to how you simply download and purchase apps from the Apple apps store.
- Launch the iOS app store on your iOS 9/10/11 or lower version
- Tap the “magnifying glass” to the bottom right of your phone screen
- Type “YouTube” and click on the search button
- Tap on “get it” or “update” if the app is already installed on your phone and only needs an update to work.
YouTube APK Download
Another way to install YouTube app for Android phone is downloading YouTube APK app and install it on your device.
Enable Unknown Sources
The first approach to install APK file Android after a successful download is to first enable install from unknown sources.
- Go to phone settings
- Tap on security
- Scroll download and tap on unknown sources
- Accept the pop up by clicking OK
Now, we can proceed with installing YouTube APK app to avoid an error saying the APK file you are trying to install might contain unsafe contents.
Install YouTube Go APK
Make sure you visit only a trusted APK site so you won’t download a virus to your phone when you are downloading YouTube Go app.
Install YouTube Go
Here is how to install YouTube Go app on your Smartphone with Android OS.
- Go to your phone file manager. You can use file explorer if you have installed it.
- Find the “YouTube Go” APK app downloaded
- Tap on it to initiate the installation process
- Tap “install” to the bottom right
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the YouTube app to finish the installation.
Install YouTube App Online
If you are reading this guide on a PC or Mac computer you can also install the YouTube app directly on your phone without a USB cable.
- Open a browser on your computer and visit Google play store
- Log in to the same Gmail you link to your Google play store on your phone
- Type “YouTube” in the search box
- Click on “install”
- Select your “phone name or model” from the popup and click install
- Wake your phone from sleep and enable your phone internet connection.
- Wait for some couple of seconds the YouTube app will start installing on your phone.
This approach eases you the stress of transferring the app from your computer to your phone using a USB cable.
These approaches to downloading and install YouTube app on Android, iOS, and Blackberry phones are verified methods.
Please do let us know in case of any difficulty to download and install the YouTube app or update to the latest version.