The echo show tablet is designed around Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa. The screen can be used to display visual output for Alexa assistant responses.
Talking about ring doorbell with echo show, you can connect your Ring device with Alexa, by adding your Ring as a skill in the Alexa app.
This way you will be able to use the Amazon echo show device with your Ring doorbell and use Alexa voice to answer your door, speak to your visitors, get a live view from your camera feed, etc.
With that being said we would guide you on how to connect the ring doorbell with echo show to get the best out of Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa.
Ring Doorbell With Echo Show
Echo Show is an Alexa-enabled device that is designed by Amazon. All models of the Ring doorbell are compatible with the Amazon echo show. To connect your Ring device with Alexa, add Ring as a skill in the Alexa app.
But before you can proceed to learn how use Alexa voice control, ensure you download the Alexa app on your Amazon echo show tablet.
If you already have the Ring app on your Amazon echo show tablet, you may need to update the Ring app to make sure you have the latest version.
You may also need to update your Amazon echo show tablet to the latest operating system (OS).
How to Connect Ring Doorbell With Echo Show
To use Alexa voice control to speak to your visitors or to get a live view from your camera feed, you must connect your Amazon echo show to your Ring device.
Now follow these steps to add your Ring bell to the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app and click the More icon at the bottom right corner with three horizontal lines.
- Then click Skills & Games.
- Click the Search icon located at the top right corner.
- Fill Ring into the search field.
- From the result, click Ring which will be the first result from the search.
- Then click Enable to Use.
- Now sign in with your Ring login credentials to link your Ring account with your Amazon account.
- Click “Enable Skill and Link Accounts”, or Click “Enable Skill” if your Ring account and Amazon account are already linked.
- Click Discover Devices, once you have enabled Skill.
- Alexa will now be enabled on all your Ring devices.
In case your Ring device does not appear after you click Discover Device. You can command Alexa by saying ” “Alexa, discover my devices” or simply clicking the Devices icon at the bottom right corner of the Alexa app.
Alexa Ring Doorbell Commands
You can do a lot of things once you have connected your Ring doorbell to your Alexa-enabled device.
- You can activate chime notifications on your device
- You can answer the door with Alexa
- You can get a live view from your Ring camera and play recent motion clips with Alexa.
Answer the Door with Alexa
You can answer the door and speak to your visitors through your Echo show device after connecting your Ring doorbell to the device.
To speak to your visitor, you can control Alexa to say:
- Alexa, talk to [Ring Doorbell Name].
- Alexa, answer [Ring Doorbell Name].
Get a Live View From Your Ring Camera:
You can use Alexa commands to see the live video stream from your Ring doorbell. To get a live view from your Ring camera, you can say:
- Alexa, show [Ring Device Name]
- Alexa, show my [Front Door]
Play Recent Motion Clips with Alexa
If you have a Ring Protect subscription on your Echo Show tablet, you can ask Alexa to play the most recent motion clip that was captured by your Ring camera.
To view and control the recording, you can say:
- Alexa, show me the last activity from [Ring Device Name].
- Alexa, show me the most recent activity from [Front Door].
- Alexa, fast-forward. Alexa, rewind. Alexa, pause. Alexa, play. etc.
Activate Chime Notifications
You can set up a chime alert to get notified on your Echo show device whenever someone presses your doorbell.
Follow these steps to activate Chime Notifications on your device:
- Open the Alexa app and Click the Devices icon at the bottom right corner.
- Click All Devices at the top
- Click Video Doorbell
- Then click Doorbell Press Announcements to activate this feature.
- Click Enable to Use.
Ensure the notification you set up for your Echo show device has Communication and Announcements enabled and turn off the do not disturb feature in the Alexa app.
Alexa Can’t Find Ring Doorbell
There are a few reasons why Alexa can’t find your Ring doorbell and they may include:
Low Battery Charge
If your Ring device has a low battery it may take some time to wake up when it receives a command. Make sure you charge your Ring device has a continuous charge by replacing a defective battery.
Wifi Network Issues
If your Alexa-enabled device fails to connect to an internet WIFI network it can take a long time to connect your Ring device. This could also be due to a poor internet connection.
You can extend your wifi network by using a Chime Pro to boost the device signals.
Outdated Ring App
Using an outdated Ring app can affect connecting the ring app from your Amazon echo snow to your Ring device.
Ensure you update the Ring app to the latest version.
- Download the latest ring app from playstore for your Android.
- iOS users can download the latest from Apple apps store.
- Microsoft will discontinue the ring app before the end of 2022.
Outdated Mobile Device OS
Using an outdated mobile device operating system can lead to software glitches. Ensure to update your mobile device operating system to the latest version.
Does Ring Doorbell Work With Echo Show?
Yes, your ring doorbell is compatible with Echo Show. You can connect your Ring device with Alexa, by adding your Ring as a skill in the Alexa app on your Amazon echo show device.
This allows you to use the Amazon echo show device with your Ring doorbell and use Alexa voice to answer your door, speak to your visitors, get a live view from your camera feed, etc.
Does ECHO Show Automatically Show Who is at Door When Doorbell is Rung?
Your Echo show device does not automatically show you who is at the door, you will need to ask Alexa to show you the side or front door and Alexa would respond OK.
This should take 3-7 seconds for the video to load and you can now see the person at the door.
Do I Need Ring Chime if I Have Echo Show?
If you have an Amazon Echo show and you bought a Ring doorbell you don’t need to buy a Ring Chime to have doorbell sounds inside your home.
An Amazon Echo show can do double duty and you can find out when someone is at the door. An Amazon Echo show can also display the video feed when connected to your Ring doorbell when the button is pressed.
Does Ring Have a Monthly Fee?
The Ring protect plan costs $3.99/month or $39.99/year, this plan includes video recording for all doorbells and security cameras in your home. You will also get an extended warranty and 10% off select Ring products on Ring and Amazon.