The long-awaited feature to share WhatsApp status on Facebook and Facebook story, and Instagram and Instagram story is now at the tips of your fingers. WhatsApp brought the new feature to be able to share the same status on WhatsApp as well as on Facebook and Instagram.
This feature works in such a way that when you update your WhatsApp status you will be able to share directly on your Facebook story or your Facebook timeline and Instagram story, feed, and direct.
This new WhatsApp feature now allows you to share the same status on Facebook and WhatsApp. But, the reverse is the case. The feature to share Facebook status or stories and Instagran on WhatsApp is yet to be released (maybe it’ll be available in the feature).
The feature to share WhatsApp status on Facebook supports the sharing of video status on WhatsApp directly to Facebook and Instagram. All images can also be shared from WhatsApp to Facebook and Instagram.
Install new WhatsApp
If you are using the old WhatsApp version you’ll not be able to enjoy the WhatsApp feature to share the same status with your Facebook friends. The minimum WhatsApp version to share WhatsApp status on Facebook is WhatsApp version 2.19.221 with WhatsApp fingerprint lock.
Download WhatsApp for Android
If you are using an Android phone here is how to download the latest WhatsApp to share WhatsApp status directly on Facebook and Instagram.
- Go to the Google play store
- Click on “Apps & Games”
- Click on “WhatsApp”
- Tap the update button
Wait for the WhatsApp update to download and replace the old WhatsApp version on your Android phone without the fingerprint lock, as well as the WhatsApp status to Facebook and Instagram.
Upgrade WhatsApp on iPhone/iPad
iPhone/iPad users also need to upgrade to the latest WhatsApp to use the WhatsApp Facebook status share feature.
- Open App Store on your iPhone/iPad
- Click on “update” at the bottom
- Find the “WhatsApp” messenger using the search button
- Click on the “update” button next to the “WhatsApp” icon
- Tap on update if prompted again
Now, the WhatsApp app will be updated to a version that can share WhatsApp status on Facebook timeline and Facebook story.
After you have upgraded to the latest WhatsApp with the share button here is how to share your status on WhatsApp with your Facebook friends and followers.
- Launch the WhatsApp messenger app
- Swipe to the Status tab
- Type your status or select the video or image to use as your WhatsApp status
- Wait for the status to load and upload to your WhatsApp
- Tap on the “Share to Facebook Story”
- Click on Share now
This approach will share the selected WhatsApp on Facebook story. You can also share old WhatsApp status on Facebook timeline or as your Facebook story.
WhatsApp status share feature allows you to share your status on your Facebook timeline. Unlike the WhatsApp status (s) and Facebook stories that disappear after 24 hours. The WhatsApp status shared on Facebook timeline will remain forever unless it’s deleted.
- Open the WhatsApp app
- Upload the status successfully. You can even choose from the old status
- Click on the 3-dots to the right of your WhatsApp status to view all status
- Click on the status to share on Facebook
- Click on the more option to the right of the status
- Click on the share button
- Select Facebook from the popup
- Double-check to make sure it’s the status you want to share
- Click on done
The selected status will be shared on your Facebook timeline and all your Facebook friends and followers will be able to see it.
If you are an Instagram person and you’d love to share your WhatsApp status with your Instagram followers here is the trick.
- Open your WhatsApp app
- Upload the status you want to share on WhatsApp as well as on Instagram
- Click on the three dots to the right of the status
- Click on the status you want to share on Instagram
- Click on the dots to the right of the view numbers
- Select the Instagram app from the list (You can share it as an Instagram story, feed, and or direct)
- Sign in to your Instagram account
- Use the crop feature to crop your upload from WhatsApp to Instagram
- Click on the arrow button to the top-right
- Filter and click on the “Next” button to the upper right
- Write your Instagram caption if there is a need
- You can also share the same Instagram post on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr respectively.
- Now, click on the share button to the top right
That is it. You WhatsApp status will be shared directly on your WhatsApp feed. When you select a story, it will share the status on the Instagram story (to disappear after 24 hours), when you select direct, a new window will appear to share WhatsApp status as a direct message with your selected) Instagram followers.
This is a feature we still waiting for on the WhatsApp web to be able to share WhatsApp status on Facebook and Instagram as feed, direct, and story. However, presently, you cannot share WhatsApp status on other Facebook-owned platforms.
How to Add Effect
The good news here is that you can add additional effects to your WhatsApp status before you finally click on the share button. This allows you to block some sensitive part and even change the colour and add emojis.
- Open WhatsApp>>status
- Click on the 3-dots >> tap share
- Select the Facebook app
- Click on the edit button to the bottom left
- Tap on add effect
- Tap on the effect to add
- Tap on the “done” button
- Click on the post button.
You can add text to the WhatsApp status you are sharing on your Facebook timeline using the effect feature by clicking on the text icon and write.
Another feature of the new WhatsApp app includes how to set your status on WhatsApp as your profile picture on your Facebook account.