There are just a few ways to print a PDF that is secured with a password. So, when you use a password to protect and secure your PDF files from unauthorized edit it doesn’t mean that the PDF file cannot be printed. So, here in this article, we will consider how to print a password protected PDF.
With a PDF file editor, you can print a password protected PDF without a password. That is the fastest way though. Or on the contrary, you can request the password from the PDF owner or sender to be able to print it.
The major reason why a PDF is password protected is to avoid unauthorized editing from a third party.
Recommended: How to Embed a YouTube Video in PowerPoint
How To Print a Password Protected PDF
The best way to print a password protected PDF file is by entering the PDF password and printing it using your printer. So, by taking the steps below you will be able to print a secured PDF file on your computer.
- Open the “Password Protected PDF” file using a PDF reader of your choice.
- Type the “Password” and click on “Unlock” to view the PDF file.
- Choose “File” on the top bar.
- Click on “Print” from the menu.
- Choose your “Printer’s” settings such as the paper format and size.
- Click on “Print.”
With your PC connected to your printer and the steps above you will be able to print a password protected PDF on your PC.
How to Print a Protected PDF without Password
Another way to print a protected PDF without password is by taking the PDF file screenshot of the entire PDF pages and printing it. If you can open the PDF but would need a password to print it then you can take the screenshot of all the pages, compile them with numbers, sort them based on modification and print them accordingly.
You can also use PDF merger to merge all the screenshots in PNG or JPeg to merge all the screenshots, download them in PDF format and print them.
The downside of this method is that it takes time to accomplish as it requires a lot of time to take the entire screenshot if the PDF has a huge number compared to when you only need to press “CTRL + P” to print the file.
How to Take a Screenshot on Windows
If you are using a Windows computer or laptop you can take the following steps to take a screenshot on your PC.
- Press “Win + PrtScr.”
- Open “Paint.” You can open this by searching for “Paint” and clicking “Open.”
- Press “CTRL + V” to paste the screenshot.
- Crop out unnecessary parts and click on “Files.”
- Select “Save As.”
- Choose the “File” location and give it a name.
- Click “Save.”
You need to repeat the process above for all the pages so that you can merge all the pages at once.
How to Print a PDF that is Password Protected
If your PDF is password protected you can print it using Google Drive without the password. The Google Drive platform won’t ask for the print password rather it’d just print directly. At the same time, you can edit a secured PDF file on Google Drive without asking for a password to complete the task.
- Make sure that the secured or password protected PDF is sent or uploaded to Google Drive (it’s completely free).
- Log in to your “Google Drive” account.
- Select “My Drive.”
- Open the “PDF” file with Google Docs by right-clicking on it.
- Select “File” >> “Print”
- Select the name of your “Print” to print the selected document without requesting a password.
That is quite the fastest way to print a secured PDF file without a password.
Print a Secured PDF File
Another approach that you can use to print a secured PDF file that requires a password to open the file before it can be printed is by using a PDF password remover to decrypt the PDF file and remove the password. However, in most cases, PDF password remover software comes with a price to pay.
So, if you are ready to part way with a few cents or dollars you can use a PDF password removal software to remove the password from your PDF to be able to print it.