The decision to reset your eero router might often strike your mind when the router isn’t connecting to the internet, or the router is getting new users. For whatsoever reason you would love to format your eero router, this guide is recommended for you. In this article, you will learn how to reset eero router in two ways;
- Soft reset eero router
- Hard reset eero router
The ball is in your court regarding the type of eero router reset you are looking at. If you’d prefer the soft reset, this article will walk you through, and at the same time, if you’d love to wipe off personal configuration on your eero router, you will as well find this article a pointer on how to do a hard reset of your eero router.
Suppose you are unsure whether your eero router needs a reset. In that case, you can power cycle the router to discharge all current in it without deleting personal data such as the eero router [predefined] name password and restore the router to its working state.
However, if troubleshooting didn’t work, resetting the router could be all you need. And even when you decide to reset your eero router, you can still choose whether to hard reset your eero router or soft reset your eero router.
Hence, we will discuss how to reset eero router [soft and hard reset] and how to reset eero password after you have reset your eero device successfully to complete the troubleshooting.
How to Power Cycle Eero Router
Before you decide to soft reset your Eero router, consider power cycling the router to see whether the error will be fixed.
- Unplug your eero router from the power outlet
- Wait for about 30 seconds to discharge the current in the router completely.
- Plugin the router.
- Press the power button to turn on the router.
Check whether the Eero router error code has been fixed. If yes, there is no need to reset. Otherwise, first, try a soft reset as shared below.
How to Reset eero Router
Before we proceed with how to reset eero router and eero router password after resetting, take note of your eero router generation and where to find the router reset button.
1st-Generation eero Router
The reset button is located at the back of the eero router 1st generation.
2nd-generation eero Router
The reset button is located at the back or bottom depending on the eero 2nd-gen you are using.
eero Beacon Router
The eero Beacon reset button can be found on the left side.
How to Soft Reset Eero Router
Eero router software reset will clear your network configuration while keeping the sessions. If you prefer to reset your Eero router this way, please follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Eero router reset button for 7 seconds until the router LED light flashes yellow.
- Release the button once you notice the yellow light blinking.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the Eero router to return solid white LED light with a green indication on the eero router app.
It’s quick and easy. However, not that soft resetting your eero router will not affect the following.
- Network logs
- IP Reservation [Advanced settings]
- Port forwarding configuration.
That’s what you enjoy when you choose eero soft reset over eero hard reset.
How to Hard Reset eero Router
The eero router hard reset is unlike the soft reset. It will not leave any personal configuration untouched as it will render the eero router new by deleting all non-factory configurations from the router.
This implies that, after eero hard reset, you will need to do some configurations again, such as password change, router name modification, port forwarding configuration and many more.
- Press and hold the eero router reset button for 15 seconds.
- Release the reset button once the LED light flashes RED.
- The reset process will begin once you release the flash button.
- Once the eero router reset [hard] is completed, the router LED light will get to flash blue.
That is it. The eero router blue LED light indicates that the router is ready to set up after the reset.
How to Reset eero Router on App
This process to reset an eero router on the app is handy, and it can be done at any time without any restriction. Therefore, the steps below explain how to reset the eero router on Android or iOS using the official mobile app.
- Launch the eero app on your [Android or iOS] smartphone.
- Click on the app menu that is located on the top-left side.
- Select “Network Settings” from the menu expansion.
- Scroll down and click “Advanced Settings.”
- Go to the bottom of the page and select “Delete Your Network.”
- A warning message will pop up. Ensure you read through before you proceed.
- Click on “Delete Network” to delete personal configuration on the eero router network.
- Click on “Delete Network” once again from the pop-up.
The process above is to reset your eero router and delete your configuration from the initial setup to the day you choose to reset it. Once the resettings have been completed, you will be taken to the eero router setup screen to set up your eero router as if it’s bought new.
How to Reset eero Router Password
The first eero router set up after reset is to change or reset the password from default to a customize password you can easily remember. Therefore, we will consider how to reset eero router password in this section.
Read Also: Spotify password requirement.
- Open the eero router app on your phone.
- Sign in to your account with your eero registration information.
- Click on the Menu icon to the top left.
- Choose “Network Settings.”
- Choose “Network Password.”
- Enter your new password and repeat the password.
- Click on the “Save” tab to save changes.
To connect to your eero router, you need to use the new password; otherwise, you will be blocked from accessing the network.
In summary, how to reset eero router is similar for all eero routers; however, the location of the reset button is different for different eero router generations. Therefore, take note of the eero router reset button whenever you want to reset your eero router.