If you’ve been wondering how to reset your Insignia Smart TV, then, you have come to the right place, as this article will provide you with the guidelines and all you need to successfully reset your Insignia Smart TV.
Insignia is a US TV brand operated by the retail giant, Best Buy. The brand offer a range of budget TVs at a variety of sizes and specifications but the most noteworthy of Insignia’s TVs are the Amazon Fire TV Edition sets, because they come with an Alexa-enabled remote control, which gives you voice search, so you can find something to watch just by speaking into the remote.
Insignia TVs are known to offer a broad range of features for not so much money, so they are ideal if you are tight on a budget or you just need a TV to support what you already have. However, a time will come when you will have to reset your Insignia Smart TV, because just like any other device, it is liable to develop issues and such issues could be;
- The TV hanging or freezing while a show is on.
- TV refusing to power on, even when you use the Power button on your TV/remote control.
- Your TV MENU not working.
- A blank or black screen keeps displaying when you open certain apps.
- If you want to erase all your personal information, in a bid to sell off the TV or give it away.
- You can’t seem to connect your TV with a wireless network.
- When there are issues with the audio or video.
- You can’t remember your password or have lost access to the home screen.
Before performing a factory reset on your Insignia Smart TV, you have to be well aware of the fact that a reset is capable of erasing all of the TV’s data and settings (such as Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account, other login information, Google Play and other installed apps). To that effect, there are some things you need to do, before you reset your Insignia Smart TV. Below, we will give you a step by step guide on how to go about them.
Things You Need To Do Before You Reset Your Insignia Smart TV
The following are initial steps to take before you proceed to reset your Insignia Smart TV
Back Up Your Relevant Data
- Going to the Settings.
- Then, to Accounts & Sign-In
- From there, you select your Google account.
- Then you will see the option to choose what to back up and go ahead to do just that.2.
Remove Security Locks(Google Activation Locks)
Another precaution you might want to take before you reset your Insignia Smart TV, is to remove security locks, In most cases, a factory reset does not remove the activation lock from your device. That means, if you factory reset the TV, with the Google account still signed in, it will still ask for those credentials once it turns back on. Therefore it is safer for the account to be removed before the factory reset takes place to ensure your account is fully removed. You can get that done by;
- Going to Settings.
- Tap on Accounts or Users & Accounts.
- Then, select the account type, which in this case would be Google.
- Tap the email address.
- Tap the menu icon (three vertical dots) on the top right-hand corner.
- Tap Remove account.
- Confirm by tapping Remove account again.
Remove External Storage.
- From the Home screen of your TV.
- Go to Settings
- Under “Device,” select Storage.
- Select your USB drive, then Eject.
How To Reset Your Insignia Smart TV
Here, we will be looking at two ways, that is the factory reset with a remote and without a remote. So, let’s begin with how to factory reset the Insignia Smart TV, with a remote.
How To Reset your Insignia Smart TV (With a Remote)
Follow the steps below to reset your Insignia smart TV and restore the TV to the default or factory settings.
- Start by turning on your Insignia TV by pressing the power button on your remote controller.
- Then press the Home button to gain access to the main menu option.
- From there, scroll down and select Settings.
- Then press the right arrow on your remote.
- Click on System and then use the right arrow key to enter.
- Go to Advanced Settings and press the right arrow again.
- Select Factory Settings, then press the Okay button on your remote control. A code will be instantly displayed on your screen.
- Key in the code in the slots provided and press Okay
- Then wait for the TV to reboot.
- Once it is fully booted, you will be required to set it up, as if it were new.
How To Reset your Insignia Smart TV (Without a Remote)
- Start by unplugging your Insignia smart TV.
- Press and hold power button on your Insignia TV
- Hold the power button and plug back power button to the wall socket.
- Once your insignia tv turns, you can let go the power button.
- Now, wait for the tv to boot in android recovery mode (this is similar to when you are booting any android phone).
- Once you are in android recovery mode it will display several option like reboot system now, apply update from USB, wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition and etc.
- Now, press button and highlight wipe data / factory reset option.
- Press and hold the power button until wipe data / factory reset option which is highlighted turns to a green colour.
- You will now be prompted for confirmation message, go ahead and click the power button once.
- The factory reset process will start and once it is completed, you will see “wipe data process complete 100%”, on the bottom of your TV screen.
- Then, wait for your Insignia TV to boot and once your Insignia Smart TV comes back on, then factory reset of Insignia TV will be completed successfully and you will be prompted to setup your Insignia TV again by selecting language and following the on screen instructions.
All you need to do, to successfully reset your Insignia Smart TV, is to endeavour to follow our guidelines. Once you have done that, then half of your troubles is over as your TV will be will up and running again.