If you have a reason to restart your Apple Watch Series 6 maybe because it’s not responding or you just choose to learn how to restart it, here is a guide for you. In this article, you will learn how to restart Apple Watch Series 6. This won’t delete your personalized settings or data for any reason.
But on the contrary, if you choose to reset or restore your Apple Watch Series 6 to the default whether you forgot your passcode or not, you stand the chance to lose your data if your Watch isn’t paired to your iPhone.
If restarting your Apple Watch didn’t fix the Watch not responding you may want to consider the option to hard reset your Apple Watch.
This article is fully packed with how to restart or force restart your Apple Watch Series 6 if it’s not responding and how you can hard reset your Apple Watch Series 6.
How to Restart Apple Watch Series 6
Resetting your Apple Watch Series 6 is quite simple and straightforward. So, by following the steps you will learn how to your Apple Watch Series 6 and restore the Watch to default settings.
- Press and Hold down the side button.
- Select the Power at the right side of the.
- Drag the Power icon to the right after selecting it.
- For a few seconds, press and hold the Side button on your Apple Watch Series 6 until a screen with various options displays.
- The first option is to turn it off, followed by the option to check the medical data and the option to submit an emergency SOS request.
- To restart your smartwatch, press and hold the Digital Crown/Home and Side buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
How quick is it to restart your Apple Watch Series 6? It’s fast and easy of course.
How to Soft Reset Apple Watch Series 6
This is how to soft reset your Apple Watch Series 6 in case restarting it alone didn’t work, follow the steps below:
- Begin by pressing and holding down the Side button.
- Once the menu displays on the screen, slide the Power off slider to the right to power off your Apple Watch Series 6.
- Wait till your watch goes off.
- Then, press and hold the Side button to turn it back on.
How to Hard Restart Apple Watch Series 6
If your device is still giving you problems, you might need to do a hard reset. This will clear all data from the device, including your contacts, messages, and music, and reset all settings to their default values. Your paired iPhone will store a backup of your watch once you perform a factory data reset.
So, by following the steps below you will learn how to hard reset Apple Watch Series 6.
- Press the Digital Crown/Home button from the clock screen.
- Click on the Settings app.
- Go to “General” >> Reset”
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Scroll down and click on “Confirm Erase All.
The steps above will erase all content and settings on your Apple Watch Series 6. The watch will become new with nothing on it. To use it again, you will need to do a fresh setup and pair the watch with your phone.
How to Force Restart Apple Watch Series 6
If your Apple Watch Series 6 isn’t responding you can force it to restart. If you are able to do that successfully, your Watch should respond to your touches. So, by following the steps below you will learn how to force restart Apple Watch Series 6 if it’s not responding.
- Press and hold the power button (or unlock button) for at least 8 seconds until the Apple logo displays on the screen, then release the button while it restarts.
If the device still does not respond and you are unable to restart it, then it is likely that the battery is low; in this case, connect the Watch Series 6 to its charger and repeat the procedure.
If it does not respond and does not turn on, or if it has entered a loop, it is possible that some internal component, such as the motherboard, memory, screen, or even the power button, has been damaged, and you will need to fix it or replace it.