For those that don’t know how to set homepage in chrome, we will put you through. Setting your homepage in Google Chrome will enable the page you set as your homepage to open once you press the home button in your chrome browser. The home button on Chrome has the shape of a house, located in the top-left corner of the browser window, just beside the refresh button.
Ordinarily, the default homepage in Google Chrome is the New Tab page. Here, you will have access to not just your recently visited websites, but also the Google search bar. For some users, this default page might be beneficial. However, many of us will prefer to specify a particular URL as the homepage.
Luckily, this process is straightforward, and the homepage URL can be changed over and over again at will. So, if you are using the latest version of the Google Chrome browser for mobile devices and PC, then this article is for you. If you are using an older version, just update it first and follow our guide on how to set homepage in chrome below.
How to set Homepage in Chrome
To set your Homepage in chrome is simple and can be done in a few minutes. We will show you how to set homepage in chrome on your mobile and PC browser.
On your PC
- Start off by opening your Chrome browser.
- Once you have done that, select the three-dotted menu icon located on the top right corner of the window. Once you click on it, you will see a drop-down menu.
- Scroll down towards the end of the menu and select Settings. This will then open up the settings menu.
- Click on the grey Show home button switch and toggle it on. Once you click on it, the switch will turn blue. You would then see the house-shaped icon on the upper-left side of the window. However, if the Show home button switch is already blue, don’t worry about it. That means your browser already has a home button.
- Then, click on the circle on the left field of the Enter a URL icon. Once you do this, you will be able to enter a website’s address and set it as your Homepage. You can also click on the New Tab circle if you want your browser to open a new tap anytime you select the Homepage icon.
- Once you’ve typed in your preferred Homepage address, close the settings tab by clicking on the small x in the top-right corner of the Settings tab at the top of your Chrome window. You can now begin to click on the home button to open the page that you set as your homepage.
On your Android Device
- First of all, launch your Chrome browser on your mobile phone
- Select the three-dotted menu icon on the top right corner of your screen, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- From the settings menu, tap on the Homepage. You will find this option near the bottom of the “Basics” group of settings.
- Tap the grey ‘On’ switch, and it will turn blue. Turning the switch on will place a house-shaped home button Image titled on the upper-left side of your Google Chrome’s screen. If the switch is already blue, then don’t worry, it means your browser already has the home page enabled.
- On the top of the page, you will see the Open this page option, tap on it.
- Then, tap on the text field and enter the URL of the website you want to use as your default homepage.
- Finally, tap Save. Once you are done, you can now tap on the house-shaped home button to go to your new Homepage.
Note that you can set multiple websites as your Homepage. When you do this, the multiple sites will launch simultaneously once you click on the Homepage icon. To do this, just follow the same procedure explained above, but instead of selecting a single homepage, use the option for designating multiple homepage tabs.
Additionally, you can decide to use another search engine as your homepage. For instance, you might prefer Bing to the Google search box that shows by default in chrome. To make Bing or any other search engine of your choice as your Homepage, just follow the steps explained above. However, rather than insert the URL of a website, just insert the URL of your preferred search engine.
You can also read how to enable Google Chrome dark mode here.
There is no problem in wanting to change your default Homepage to another one of your choices. Now that we have shown you how to set homepage in chrome, you can now begin to change your homepage anytime you want. Luckily, Chrome has no limitation on how many times you can change your Homepage. Meanwhile, if you have any challenges following this guide, let us know in the comments below.