It’s possible to stream Spotify on PlayStation when paired on PS4/PS5 or Spotify via https://spotify.com/pair. This guide is about how to pair Spotify with your home devices such as Smart TV, game consoles such as PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
Spotify pair turns your PS4 game console into a device to control Spotify music. So, instead of going to the official Spotify website to stream your favourite music while playing PS4 or PS5 game on your Smart TV, you can use the Spotify pair feature at www.spotify.com/pair to your Spotify music app and PS4 game console together and even control the Spotify music on the console.
We will discuss in this guide how to get the best of your Spotify music account with your home devices such as Smart TV, game consoles, and even Alexa device.
So, if you would love to play Spotify music on PS4 or PS5, connect and access Spotify on your TV at home, you need to keep reading.
We all know what Spotify is all about. If you are new to using Spotify, refer to this guide for more information about Spotify. For PS4 or PS5 information we will refer you to this article. However, if you are familiar with these two devices, please skip the recommendations and go straight to how to pair Spotify to PS4 if you want to learn to connect to your Spotify account on your PS4.
For those of you that are only interested in how to use Spotify on Smart TV, proceed below are we discuss how to pair Spotify with TV using Spotify.com/pair.
What is Spotify.com/pair?
https://spotify.com pair is used to pair Spotify music app and smart devices and game consoles such as PS4 or PS5 to play and control the Spotify music app remotely. For TV, you need to provide the Spotify.com pair activation code to pair your Spotify to your TV.
So, in this guide, we will consider how to pair Spotify to TV using Spotify.com pair activation code on https spotify.com/pair TV code.
How to Pair Spotify to Smart TV
Follow the steps below to pair Spotify to TV when you have the Spotify.com pair activation code from the Spotify app on your Smart TV.
- Go to your Smart TV app store, search for the “Spotify” app, download and install it.
- Navigate to the downloaded apps section and launch the Spotify app.
- Open the “Spotify” app on your Smartphone and find the TV you want to connect to. In most cases, you need to connect to the same Wi-Fi to be able to see the list of devices that are available to connect to on the Spotify app. To show devices on your local Wi-Fi or ethernet in the device menu, toggle the grey icon to green.
- Tap the settings gear icon. Scroll down to “Device” and select “Connect to a device” once you have selected the device. Select “Log In With PIN.”
- Open a browser and go to https://spotify.com/pair. You will be redirected to “account.spotify.com/en/pair.
- Log in to your Spotify account with your username and password.
- Enter the Spotity.com pair activation code on your TV screen and select “Pair” to pair your Spotify and TV together.
This is by far the easiest way to pair Spotify to TV. With this, you have control over your phone. However, you can also use Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.
Note: This approach works on Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. For an Android TV box, download the Spotify app from the Google play store to start streaming your favourite Spotify music on your TV box.
Spotify.com Pair Activation Code not Working
If the Spotify pair activation code isn’t working or the Spotify app isn’t working please consider the following way to fix it.
- Check your TV internet connection. It’s must be connected to Wi-Fi.
- If the Spotify app is outdated, kindly update it to the latest version.
- Turn off your TV, remove the cord from the power source, wait for about 5 minutes, and restart the TV again.
- Uninstall the WiFi app, clear your TV cache, and reinstall the Spotify app again.
- Launch the Spotify app on your PS4 game console.
- You will be presented with two options. The option to sign in with your Spotify username and password. And to find connected devices on your phone, select it, and log in with PIN code on https:// spotify.com/pair website.
- Take note of the Spotify app activation code on your TV.
- Go to www.spotify.com/pair on your phone or computer web browser.
- Sign in to your Spotify account, enter the activation code on your TV screen and click on “Pair” to pair your Spotify and PS4 together.
Once you have successfully logged into your Spotify account on the PlayStation game console, your Spotify account will be linked to the PSN automatically.
Listen to Spotify Music on PS4/PS5 while Gaming
If you are at this point, it means that you have successfully paired your PS4 and Spotify music account together. So, next, is how can you listen to Spotify music on PS4 while gaming? Follow the steps below.
- Bring up the PS4 game quick menu by pressing and holding the “PS” button.
- This will pop up all the apps. Find the list of apps, find and select “Spotify.” For “PS5” select “Music.” You can always find “Spotify” in the “Media section.”
- Find the music you want to listen to and play it. From here, you can control the music such as play, pause, increase or reduce the song volume.
Alternative, you can control the music from your Smartphone. However, you need to make use of the “Spotify Connect” to control Spotify music on your PS4 or TV remotely.
How to Pair Spotify with PS4 using Bluetooth
We don’t need the Spotify.com pair activation code to do this. All we need here is Bluetooth on your Smartphone and PS4 console. Follow the procedures below you will be able to pair your PS4 and Spotify together.
- Log in to your Spotify account on your phone or computer [Desktop] app.
- Turn on “Bluetooth” on your phone or computer depending on the device that you are using.
- Press the “PS” on your PlayStation and switch on the game console “Bluetooth” feature.
- Search for the “PS4” or “PS5” on your phone using the Bluetooth feature and select “Connect” to pair.
- Accept the Bluetooth pair code on the PS4 game console when it pops up.
- Once this is done, open the Spotify app, find the music you want to play and it’ll be resounding on your PS4 or PS5 game console.
Note: Once the Bluetooth feature disconnected, your phone Spotify will be unpaired from your PS4 game console.