In this guide, I will be taking you through a seamless walkthrough on how to prompt a Hulu Activate on Roku. I’ll let you know what versions of Roku support Hulu and versions of Roku that have been discontinued on Hulu.
I’ll explain how you can download Hulu App on any Roku device and also how to sign up for Hulu on your Roku. I’ll also explain how to activate the Hulu app on any Roku device, and finally, I’ll give you some quick troubleshooting tips in solving activation and streaming issues on Roku.
Hulu has been a long-service streaming service giving you a massive array of content from the latest show to top-ranking series. It’s one of the top choices for many when it comes to streaming. With the Hulu premium package, you can also stream live TV on the app. Hulu also supports multiple platforms to stream on. You can stream Hulu on Xbox, PS4, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and many more.
Carefully follow this guide to complete your activation process is quick and easy steps.
Hulu-supported Roku devices
Before you begin the entire activation process, you would be safer if you at least know whether Hulu supports your Roku device or not. Below, we’ve compiled the list of Hulu-supported Roku devices.
On Hulu’s Latest version
- Roku Ultra
- Roku 3 and 4
- Premiere and Premiere +
- Roku 2 Model 4210X
- Streaming Stick Model 3500X or later
- Express and Express +
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku TV
On Hulu’s Classic App
- Roku 1 (model 2720X)
- Roku 2 (model 2710X)
- Roku LT (model 2700X)
Other versions of Roku not listed here have been discontinued or were not supported by Hulu.
Installing the Hulu App on Roku
The next after confirming that your Roku can accept Hulu, the next step to prompt a Hulu activate on Roku is to download and install the Roku app. Downloading the App is as easy as installing any normal app on Roku. Downloading the app would help you gain access to the app on your channel list. To add the Hulu App on your Roku, simply:
- Turn on your Roku device.
- On your home screen, navigate to your “Channels Store.”
- Search the term “Hulu” on your Roku. Roku would automatically bring out searches related to Hulu.
- Once you’ve seen the app, click on the “Add Channel” button next to the Hulu App icon.
- The app would automatically be downloaded to your device and added to the channel list on your device.
Signing up for Hulu Account
After the app has been installed, you would be prompted to sign up for Hulu if you are a new user. For an existing user, you would be only asked to log in to your Hulu account.
To sign up for your Hulu, simply follow these steps:
- Launch the Hulu app.
- You would see a signup option. Click on it.
- you would be directed to a screen where you can fill in your credentials such as your email address, password, and other personal information.
- After this, you would be asked to select a subscription plan. Hulu offers up to 4 plans ranging from($5 to $50)
- After you’ve selected your subscription plan, you would now fill in your billing address and other payment information.
- After you’ve filled in this information, you will receive a confirmation of successful signup.
Hulu Activate on Roku: Activation Process
Hulu activation on Roku can only be done when you’ve downloaded the Hulu App and signed up for the service. So be sure to complete the steps above before moving to this stage. You need to do two things to activate Hulu on Roku, the first is getting an activation code and the second is using the activation code.
Getting an Activation Code
To get your activation code, simply follow these steps:
- Launch your Hulu App.
- Log in or sign up to Hulu on your Roku.
- After signing up a code would appear on your screen.
- This code is your activation code. Please take a mental note of this code or simply write it down.
Using the Activation Code
After getting your activation code, follow these steps to use it:
- Get your mobile, desktop, or any other device that has direct access to the internet.
- Visit https://hulu.com/activate.
- Once on this website, enter your activation code into the box provided on the site.
- Click “Activate”. You would get a confirmation prompt upon activation.
- In about a minute, you should start streaming Hulu premium content on your Roku.
Hulu Activate on Roku: Troubleshooting Manual
If you’ve completed the activation process listed above but you find out Hulu still isn’t working on your Roku. You probably have started streaming Hulu on Roku but it stops working at a point. How do you fix issues with Hulu on Roku? First, you need to detect what is exactly going wrong. It’s safer to understand what could cause issues with Hulu activation on Roku than just jumping to conclusions.
Reasons why Hulu could not be working on Roku
Issues could be from your Roku device or the Hulu App, therefore pay close attention to where the fault might stem from.
- Hulu servers may be down at that moment. If you aren’t the only Hulu streamer experiencing this issue, then it’s most likely coming from the service centre.
- The issue could come from your internet connection. Your internet could be very slow or not connecting at all. If you notice longer buffering and loading times, it could mean your internet is kinda faulty.
- The problem could also be the show you are trying to watch.
- Another possible source of the problem might be the Hulu software. It could either require an update to the software is just corrupted.
- It could also mean that your Roku device requires an update.
- And finally, it could mean the version of your Roku is no longer supported.
Fixing problems on activation of Hulu on Roku
- Confirm once again if you are using a Hulu-supported Roku device. Please check the beginning of the guide to see the versions that are supported.
- Check Hulu and Roku servers. You may need to confirm and see if any of these servers are down at the moment.
- Check your internet connection. Ensure your internet connection is still intact. You can do this on your Roku by going to Settings >>Network >> Check Connection. You would be able to see the strength of your internet network on this page.
- Restart your device or simply unplug from the power supply and reconnect.
- Update your Hulu App. You should try updating your Hulu app on your Roku. Just highlight the app and select the “star”. Once you’ve done this, you would see an option to update the app.
- Reset the Roku device. If the above methods didn’t work, simply reset your device. You would find this on Roku Settings >> System >> Factory Reset.
Simply following this guide would not only help in Hulu activation on Roku but also assist in troubleshooting problems you might encounter during this activation process. Remember, the first step is to always check if your Roku device is supported on Hulu. Download, Sign up, Activate and enjoy streaming non-stop. You should also check out how to activate Hulu on Xbox.