Latex table generator is a programming tool to create latex tables when writing latex code for online and offline assignment with a feature to add a caption to your table, create multi-column, multi-row, edit table width, create your own table template, and position.
With the latex package, you can write your mathematical problems in code and have it displayed in real mathematics solution. When you create a table, you can change the table position using the alignment feature whether to the right or left or center.
If you are familiar with the latex programming you can easily create a table with more than one row or column. However, the latex tool to create a table is a different tool entire that generates a table code which is to be added to the appropriate section of your page.
Editing this table column or row has to be done in the table tool if you are not good at editing a code. Do not’ worry, you will learn more of this at the end of this guide where you can create a multicolumn latex table.
Table of Contents
Tool to Create Latex Table
There are a whole lot of them. The latex software itself has a feature to create a table in multiple column, rows, row, and column together, and even insert a graph.
And the main tool used in creating tables in latex that I have been using before now and still use few days before writing on latex table creator is called “Latable“.
Latable can be used to create latex table multicolumn, latex table template, and in fact, you can insert caption in your table using latable latex table generator.
Once you have the required latable software to create your table without accessing latex software, all you then need to is copy the code and paste it in the position you want the table to be in your latex code.
Right in latable, you can use the width, and adjust the row and column of your table.
However, here in this post, you will learn how to create multicolumn table using offline latable for latex table creator.
How to Use Latex Table Generator to Create Table in Latex
Before we proceed to create a table in your latex program I would assume you know how to use latex, and writing some syntax on your own. However, here we’d only concern on how to create a table and paste the table code into your latex program.
Also, if you are participating in an online forum and someone request for latex table online, this same technique can be used to create the table offline and just share the table code or syntax online.
Following the steps below you will be able to create a latex table online or offline using a latex table generator for free.
1. Download latable from latex or follow this link to download the latex latable for your PC. As as the time of writing this post, latable is just 500K.
2. Extract the file into a new folder and double click on a latable extension to run the table online creator.
3. Click on new and enter the number of rows and column in the space provided, select tabular from the option and click on OK to proceed.
4. Click on each column and row to enter what you are expected to be in the designated position. And click on “copy/hide code preview” to get your table codes.
5. Now, open your text studio and paste the table code generated using latable and click on build and preview and you are good to go.
Multicolumn on Latex Using Latable
Follow these procedures to create a multicolumn table using the Latable software.
1. Download the latable zip executable file from the link provided above and extract the file. Open the folder and click on the LaTable application in the extracted folder.
2. Click on “New file” select the number of “column and row” and also select the “environment type “Tabular or Array or Custom” and type the number of column and row you want to create.
3. For a multicolumn, increase the number of columns and narrow your row down to either zero or just one to be able to have a headline.
4. Click “OK” as seen in the image above. Now click on “Show/Hide code preview to review the latex table multicolumn created.
5. Navigate back to your latex studio software, open the latex text code and paste the table code above where you want the table to display.
Bonus: Here is another table trick.
Click on “Table” and tap on row or column, if you want to row or column above select the option with column above or row above. You can also click on the “insert” option to choose where to place your table.
Note that you can use latable to also create a multicolumn table at the same time. But most importantly, it’s one of the best online latex table generators ever used.