I haven’t been able to login to my Instagram account whether on the web and on the Instagram app for sometimes now. Instagram keeps rejecting my logins when I tried to log in, I used a third party app for my Instagram login whether it’d solve the unable to login problem but there was no result.
But these seem to be an issue with Instagram database. However, after a long search, I have come to know about some of the reasons why I was unable to login to my Instagram account.
So, if you are experiencing any of these you will be able to solve the problem of not able to login to Instagram account on your Phone and on the Instagram web.
Table of Contents
Unable to Login Instagram
The Instagram policy is very strict. So, you have to abide by them if you want to be part of the community for as long as you want.
1. Using a third-party app to access Instagram
If you are using a third party app to login Instagram account you may have difficulties logging into your Instagram account. This act can place your Instagram account into suspicious activities will lead to suspending your Instagram account.
With this, you have to prove that you are not a bot and that you are human to regain access to your Instagram account again. If you are using a third-party app to access your Instagram account and you are been told that you are unable to login.
Kindly log out of your Instagram account from all device and re-login again on the Instagram mobile app. You can also use the Instagram web.
2. Sorry this page isn’t available
If you are seeing a page saying sorry this page isn’t available when you are trying to log in to your Instagram account on the Instagram app and Instagram desktop and web if it doesn’t clear after clearing your browser’s caches, do the following to fix it.
- Make sure you enter the correct Instagram login password and username.
- If you changed your Instagram password before try using the old password whether you will be able to log in. If you are not, use the new password and see whether the sorry page will disappear and you will be able to log in.
- Don’t login Instagram account on a third-party app like Instagram ++, Preview app when you are experiencing this.
- Update your Instagram Android app and log in again. For iOS, update to the latest Instagram app and re-login to your Instagram account.
3. We detected an unusual login attempt
When you see the message above when you attempt to login Instagram on mobile or on the Instagram web just know that something is wrong with your account and you have to act fast about it so that your account won’t be blocked.
At this point, you will be asked to enter a security code to confirm that you are the one trying to login to your account. Once you entered the security code, the unusual activities message will disappear and you will be grant access to log in.
However, if you are still not able to log in follow the procedures below to fix it.
- Check whether your VPN is active if you are using one. Because if you are trying to login Instagram account from another region unknowing this may return unusual activities on your account.
- Don’t use a modified Instagram app.
- Someone else might have access to your Instagram account otherwise it’s a general problem.
- Wait for another 24 hours to see if you will be able to log in again to your account
- If the error continues visit the Instagram help center for help.
4. Wrong password and username
Some times ago I went to the banking hall to deposit some cash and I wrote a wrong account number, gave the cash to the cashier, got my own copy of the deposit slip, and left.
A few hours later a strange number called me and addressed me by my full name and told me I came to their bank to deposit some cash which I admitted and the attendant said I gave a wrong account number.
Instagram can’t do this. Despite that Instagram request for a mobile number during registration, they won’t call you when you forget your password or username. Rather, you will not be able to login to your Instagram account.
Therefore, when you are facing issues with your Instagram login information like password and username, don’t stress further click on reset Instagram password and follow the on-screen to create a new Instagram password.
Instagram will send a link to your email associated with the account when you have trouble logging in.
5. Logging to Instagram using Facebook without Instagram username and password
You will probably have issues with your Instagram account login information if you always log in to your Instagram account using Facebook.
Facebook is one of the ways to access an Instagram account without creating a new Instagram account. However, some final touches are required to make sure that you don’t have issues logging your Instagram with your facebook.
When you log in to your Instagram account with your Facebook account here is what to do to avoid Instagram login error.
- When you have successfully login through Facebook go to https://www.instagram.com/accounts/edit/ to edit your Instagram profile.
- Fill in your email address and username if it has not been created automatically. You can also change it.
- Now, go to Instagram password reset page to reset your Instagram password “https://www.instagram.com/accounts/password/reset/“
- Enter a valid email, click on reset password, open the email, click on the password reset link, create a new password, and save.
- Now, go to the Instagram home page or mobile app and try to log in to your Instagram account.
You can now see the reason why you can’t login Instagram account and how to fix it. Please feel free to share your thought with us so we’ll know whether these approaches work for you or not.