Optus Webmail can be referred to as both the iiNet Webmail and MIS or EQ Webmail alternative for Australian based. If you are looking for a similar Webmail to the Optus Webmail you can think of the Cos Webmail for the United State users.
In this Optus Webmail review, this guide will cover all you need to know about the Optus Webmail login, reset your Optus Webmail forgot password and all other salient information on Optus email service providers.
If you have an email such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, and both are created from the scratch, then, this article will be easy enough since both other email service providers and the Optus Webmail email module-Operandi are the same.
In addition to the Optus Zoo Webmail service provider for Australian based users, you will also get to know about the Optus Webmail support team phone number, email, and the Optus email official website.
What is Optus Webmail?
Optus offers a standard email service provider for users to log into their Optus account with Optus login username as firstname.lastname@example.org and the corresponding Optus email password.
Optus email is similar to other email service providers such as email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, therefore, Optus email let all users with an Optus account, that allow you to send, receive and manage their email for free with a secure connection depending on the type of Optus email account that they have.
With an Optus email address, you can compose and send email [electronic message] to Optus email users and non-Optus email service providers.
Therefore, in this case, we are going to start with how to create an Optus Webmail account in this guide followed by other information need in this Optus email or Webmail review.
Optus Webmail Essential Features
Below are some notable essential features of the Optus email service.
- Optus account let you track all essentials in your account other than just the known webmail.
- It makes bill payment easier. You can also check your bill in preparation to make the payment.
- Check your data usage.
- Optus Webmail offers users the ability to check helps and supports page directly from the user account dashboard.
Optus Webmail Security
Optus offers two login securities. These are;
- Standard security.
- Secure connection.
These two options are available whenever you want to sign in to your Optus Webmail account. You can choose either the standard or secure connection before proceeding to sign in to your Optus email account.
Link Optus Paper Billing Service
By linking your service, paper billing will be automatically deactivated. This will prompt you to all make your paper billing manually.
Create Optus Webmail
It’s simple and easy to create a new Optus Webmail account for all Australian based citizen. For those residing outside Australia, you need a VPN service to create your own Optus email. We use IVACY VPN for this and it cost just $1.33/mon.
- Go to Optus Webmail on webmail.optusnet.com.au and click on “My Account” to the top right.
- Enter the email address that you use when you signed up.
- Enter your correct date of birth and select “Next” to proceed.
- Enter your personal information and follow the prompts to complete your Optus registration.
Sign in to Optus Webmail
Follow the steps below to sign or log in to your Optus email account.
- Go to webmail.optusnet.com.au on a web browser either on a phone or computer. You can also use the official Optus app to sign in to your Optus account.
- Select the account security type: standard or secure” connection.
- Type your Optus email [email@example.com], password, and click on the “Login” tab to sign in to your Optus account.
Note: Unable to remember your Optus user? Go to the Optus help centre to learn how to retrieve your Optus email username.
Optus Webmail Forgot Password
There are quite some ways to reset the forgotten Optus email password. Below are some known approaches to reset your Optus webmail password.
- Launch the Optus app on your phone
- Select the app menu to the top left.
- Scroll down and select “forgot your details.”
- Select “Forgot password” from the popup.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to reset and set a new password for your Optus email account.
Optus Webmail Account
Follow the steps below to reset your Optus email password on the official Optus website.
- Go to the Optus login page here
- Select “Forgot Password.”
- Enter your Optus email address.
- Enter your Optus account date of birth and select “Reset Password.”
- Follow the instruction on the password reset link that’s sent to your email to reset and set a new password for your Optus login.
Optus Webmail Android Setup
The following is how to configure Optus Webmail on Android using your device email built-in feature.
- Launch the Gmail app on your Android phone.
- Select “Menu” to the top right and then “Other” down the list.
- Type your Optus email address, password, and click on the “Manual Setup” button.
- In the “Account” drop-menu located at the bottom left select “Add Mail Account” and choose “IMAP4.” Don’t forget to click on the “Next” tab to proceed.
- Type the name you would love to display on your Optus email in the provided column.
- Enter your Optus email address in full [firstname.lastname@example.org] and the corresponding password and hit “Continue” to proceed.
- For the Optus incoming server set the server type as “IMAP4”, hostname as “mail.optusnet.com.au“, port:993, SSL as SSL/TLS and select “Autodetect” in the authentication option.
- The Outgoing Server configuration goes as follows. hostname as “mail.optusnet.com.au“, port:465, SSL as SSL/TLS and select “Autodetect” in the authentication option.
- Hit the “Next” button to sync your Optus email to your Android phone.
Optus Email Setup on Windows 10
Following are the settings you need to follow to start accessing and receiving Optus Webmail notifications on your Windows 10.
- Move your Windows 10 mouse pointer to the bottom right and search for “Mail” in the popup search box.
- Select “Account” under “New Email” and tap on “Add Account” under “Manage Account”
- Scroll down under “Choose an Account” and select “Advanced Set-up.”
- Under “Advanced Set-up” select “Internet Email” to access the “IMAP & POP” feature on your device.
- Enter your Optus Webmail in the email address column, username, your Optus login password, give your Optus email a name to display on your email, set the incoming server as mail.optusnet.com.au, account type as “IMAP4”, Outgoing SMTP email server as “mail.optusnet.com.au”, check all options beneath the above settings and select “Sign In” to sign in to your Optus email on your Windows 10 device to receive, send, and compose Optus email on your Windows 10 computer.
Optus Webmail Configuration on iPhone
You can set your iPhone to send and receive Optus email from your contacts using your iPhone IMAP settings to access your email and sync your email to your iPhone.
- Select the iPhone Settings gear icon on the app menu.
- Scroll down and select “Mail >> Accounts.”
- Under “Accounts” tap on “Add Account.”
- Select “Other.”
- Select “Add Mail Account.”
- Fill in the new account information such as your Optus webmail email address, name to display when you send an email, description, password, and tap on the “Next” button to the top right.
- Your phone will try to sync your email information automatically, but if that failed to work you would then need to resolve to use a manual setup approach.
- In the many setting select “IMAP” under “New Account.”
- Set your IMAP hostname as: imap.optusnet.com.au as your incoming server address
- Use Optus as your incoming server name.
- In the Outgoing server configuration use: smtp.optusnet.com.au and tap “Next.”
- Tap “Save.”
- Tap the name you set up previously and select account under “IMAP.”
- Select “SMTP” under the “Outgoing server.”
- Tap on the column below the “Primary SERVER” option.
- Toggle off the option to use SSL.
- Click on the “Authentication” button and tap “Password”.
- Select the back arrow to the top left.
- Click on the “Server Port” and type “25” as the server port number.
- Click on the “Done” button.
- Go back to account and select “Advanced” under the “Outgoing server.”
- Turn off the option to use SSL.
- Select “Authentication.”
- Select “Password” once again.
- Click on the back button to the top left.
- Select server port number and enter 143.
- Click on the back button and tap “Done.”
Congratulations, you have successfully configured your iPhone to sync your Optus email to your phone and send or receive Optus email right on your iPhone using the set up above.
Optus Webmail Server Info
The following are the Optus server information you need to know.
|Network Service||Service Settings|
|Primary Domain Name Server||184.108.40.206|
|Secondary Domain Name Server||220.127.116.11|
|Domain Name Suffix||optuszoo.com.au|
|POP3 (incoming) Mail Server||mail.optusnet.com.au (port 110)|
|SMTP (outgoing) Mail Server||mail.optusnet.com.au (port 25)|
|Time (NTP) Server||time.optusnet.com.au|
|WebSpace FTP Server (Host)||members.optuszoo.com.au (port 21)|
|Your Email Addressemail@example.com|
Compose and Send Email on Optus
This is a bonus. So, we are going to quickly walk you through how you can send or compose a message in the Optus email account and send it to your contact.
- Go to webmail.optusnet.com.au in your web browser.
- Enter your Optus email username and password and click on the “Login” tab.
- Click on the “Compose” tab.
- Enter the recipient contact email
- Give your email a subject.
- Type the email body or information you to send. You can also add attachments such as document, etc.
- Click on the “Send” tab.