Skip to contentHow to turn off ring camera: If you own a ring camera, you’ll know that one of the things that make it stand out from another security camera such as Blink is the fact that you can share access with others such as your household so that they will be able to control the camera too, unlike Blink, that doesn’t provide an avenue for that.
However, there is one challenge most ring users face that really would mean something if they can find a way to resolve it. That problem occurs with turning OFF their Ring camera. That’s why you’re here to figure out how to turn Off ring camera.
Now, you might ask why will someone want to turn off a security cam? this is it. When you’re at home probably, on the weekends taking care of your surrounding, but your security cam keeps recording your activity since it detects a motion, how will you feel when the majority of the battery, and space is filled up with unnecessary Clips.
In that case, you might be curious about how to turn off Ring Camera for a while or simply disable it for some time. If you’re also here looking for how to turn Off ring cameras, let’s delve into it.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera
How to Turn Off Ring Camera Using an Installed Switch
if you have a switch connected to the ring camera, maybe it has been installed on the wall, You can simply press OFF from the switch. if you don’t have it installed you can get any electrical engineers to install the switch. NOTE: After the installation, you can simply turn ON/OF the ring camera with just the press of a button.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera via Electrical panel
This option also needs some form of installation of a panel, possibly, the way your energy meter works, This panel can be installed having the control to different sections of your house,
including the security cams, such that when you switch it off from there it will go off.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera via a Physical Barrier
You might be asking me, how this s possible, well, this s the trick behind it, you have your ring security cam po8intnt to your while you are busy inside, and you want to turn it off.
You might not need to stress yourself, since the ring camera starts recording as soon as it detected any motion so, to kill it from detecting any motion hence it won’t record any videos too, you can get a thick cloth and use it to cover the screen of the Ring cam.
Doing that will block the camera from detecting any motion.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera via the Camera Modes
Now, since the time Ring introduced camera mode, it made it easier for its users to put the camera in different modes based on certain behaviours, the users want.
For example, you can set the ring security camera to Disarmed, Home, or away depending on what you want the camera to do. Now with these modes, it has made it super easier to put the ring camera in different states, if you’ve not used to it. Here’s how to do it
- Launch the Ring app
- Go to the Menu. You can get there by tapping the hamburger icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on settings
- Now, tap modes.
- if you are seeing “enable modes” simply enable it and choose the default settings. On the next screen, you will see different modes named, Disarmed, Home, and Away, pick either “Disarmed” or “Home”
- Moving on, choose the camera you want to turn off and proceed to the Motion detection and live review
- Finally, tap, save.
Alternatively, another way to power Off/disable the ring camera is to Disable the motion detection.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera by switching Off the Motion Detector
If you remember vividly we spoke about using a barrier on the security camera, what this does is the camera won’t be able to detect any motion, to record.
Now, another way to do that is to simply bring motion detection down to zero, what this does is the camera would not be able to detect any motion, so basically, the ring cam is rendered useless until it is disabled. if you want to learn how to do that follow the steps below
- Launch the Ring app on your phone
- Login into your ring account
- Now, navigate to the ring device you want to disable and tap on it
- On the top, you should see a slider, now, move the slider all the left edge to completely disable motion detection.
- how to turn off ring camera from the app
How to Turn Off Ring Camera by Turning OFF Ring WIFI Connection
Since the ring security camera is heavily dependent on wifi to send video files to the cloud. The ring cam is as close to useless if it is not connected to a WIFI network.
And you might not want to turn OFF your home wifi due to the many other devices that also share this wifi, so a good solution to that is to Enable a guest network feature for your router which usually will come with one.
Alternatively, you can direct your ring camera to another unused router with no internet connection to trick it from working.
Now that you’ve been able to figure out how to turn off ring camera below are some commonly asked questions regarding the topic.
How to Turn Off Ring without Parents knowing
If you want to turn off your ring camera without the knowledge of your parents, you simply have to turn off the notification from your app, however, if you’re only a shared user and the admin bars you from altering the settings, there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you get the phone of the admin.
Here’s how you can Of the notification alerts
- Launch the Ring app.
- Next, Tap the Hamburg icon at the top left corner of the app interface
- Now, tap Devices and select the device you want Disable its notification
- On the next screen locate “ring alert” and toggle it OFF. after doing this, the colour shouldn’t be blue anymore
Will Turning off WIFI Disable the Ring Camera
For your ring camera to work properly it needs an internet connection, so the absence of it means it won’t be able to perform correctly eg by sending live streams to the cloud, which renders it useless.
Can anyone Change your Ring Camera Settings?
Of course, anybody can change the Ring camera’s setting provided you grant them shared user access, however, you can always adjust what you want and then turn off shared user access to stop shared users from adjusting any settings
How to turn off the ring camera temporarily
Unless you are turning it off with a physical switch, or a panel all other means ranging from the app, 5to the disguise and the mode change are temporary means of turning Off the camera temporarily
Recommended: How to turn off the Ring camera temporarily
How to Disable Ring Camera on all Devices
If you want to disable ring cameras on all devices, follow the steps highlighted below.
- Launch the ring app.
- Next, go to the menu. you can get there by tapping on the hamburger icon in the top left corner to get to the menu
- Now, tap on Settings and then tap Modes. In a scenario where it isn’t enabled yet simply do so and chose the default setting
- Select the model you wish to adjust between the Disarmed, Home, or Away modes
- On the next screen, tap the Camera you wish to OFF and toggle the switch
- Now, Turn off the toggle switch beside Motion detection and Live views.
- Finally, tap Save.
After figuring out how to turn off Ring camera without app, using different restriction tricks such as the motion detection e.t.c, Go to the Shared User Access and activate it by toggling it on, This ensures that no one will be able to adjust these settings.
Disabling your Ring Doorbell Pro
To disable your ring doorbell pro device follow these steps below:
- Start the Ring app.
- Choose Devices.
- Now, tap your Ring Pro.
- Proceed to Device Settings > Doorbell Kit settings
- Next, tap the toggle to disable your doorbell chime. A green-coloured toggle means it’s still enabled it has to be white and ash. colour
- Finally, save your changes by taping on done
Now, that you’ve figured out how to Turn OFF ring camera using the physical switch , the app, or by applying some tricks, it shouldn’t be much of a stress to resolve these issues, especially if you have an indoor security cam,
In addition, if you have a ring spotlight camera instead or you have it together with this you might want to check here on a comprehensive way to reset it if you are having any issues with the device