Apple TV is more than just a popular streaming video player; it is also an outstanding example of technology that is reliable and steady as any other appliance. Apple TV works excellently in most cases.
Starz is accessible on Apple TV set up box, but not on Apple TV App. In this case, you will need to download Starz App. Starz is available on the App Store. You can also watch Starz via their app on iOS. In this article, you will learn how to troubleshoot Starz activate not working on Apple TV.
Two types of subscriptions are generally not interchangeable. The Starz subscription began outside of the Apple TV app but requires its app. and the Starz Channel subscription began inside of the Apple TV app, which requires it to be viewed in the Apple TV app.
In case you don’t subscribe to the Apple TV app Channel for Starz, but have Starz as part of the package through your TV provider, then you will need to make use of the Starz app, and you might not be able to use the Apple TV app in-app Channel for Starz. The Apple TV app should still be able to connect to the external Starz app.
While installing and activating Starz on your Apple TV, you may encounter some issues. You can troubleshoot most of these issues on your own. However, when you come across these issues like Starz activate not working on Apple TV, you can try some of the basic troubleshooting tips below to get it back up and running.
Common Starz Issues when Activating
While activating Starz on your Apple TV, you might encounter some problems, however, you can try the following fix listed below to rectify the issue:
- You log in and run into an error message like “something went wrong, please try again later”: Chances are that you have entered the wrong login details. to ensure you don’t run into such, check and confirm your log-in details before going on and in case you forgot your password, reset it.
- Starz TV Channel fails to activate: This doesn’t usually happen but in case you run into such, it should be a server or authentication problem. This is a difficult problem to resolve in the sense that you might need to contact Starz or your device’s customer service.
- Starz App not Working: This is usually caused by old-fashioned software, bugs, or third-party apps. To fix this, navigate to your web browser by logging in to your Starz account. Locate the streaming device that’s not working and from the web page, delete it. Then, restart your Apple TV and install the Starz app again. After the installation process is completed, open it and launch it again.
- Starz not available on my Apple TV: Starz is available on the Apple TV launch box, but not on Apple TV App. In this case, you will need to download Starz App. Starz is also available on App Store. You can also watch Starz via their app on iOS.
In case your Apple TV is still not responding after restarting, try resetting the Apple TV App or power cycling the Apple TV itself. Note that all data including your accounts and configuration is lost when you reset the Apple TV App.
Starz Way to Resolve Your Starz Activate not Working on Apple TV
Starz provided the following steps below to troubleshoot in your Apple TV. All these troubleshooting steps will guide you in resolving the problem of Starz activation not working on Apple TV. In case the problem continues, you might need to reach out to your Apple TV and Starz customer care services for further help. Try the steps below:
- Navigate to Apple TV. UNCHECK, “Allow TV provider to access” for the Starz APP in Settings: account: TV provider (Set to off).
- Click Reset from the Reset menu.
- Close the Starz Application.
- Uninstall the Starz Application.
- Restart the Apple TV.
- Restart the Router.
- Reinstall the Starz Application.
- Sign in to your account.
How to Get Starz on Apple TV
To get Starz App on your Apple TV, follow the simple steps below step by step:
- Go to Apple TV App Store from the Apple TV Home screen.
- Install the Starz Application.
- Open it and log in using your Starz Play details.
- Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and navigate to the Starz activation page to activate Starz by typing in the code displayed on your Apple TV screen.
Starz Activate Not Working On Apple TV (4th Generation)
Starz activates not working on AP4 is quite a common issue that happens to almost every user of Apple TV (4th Generation). Troubleshooting with Starz support gave rise to the following solutions, which have been proven stable:
- Sign into ATV 4 : settings >> accounts >> TV provider UNCHECK “allow TV provider to access” for the Starz App (set to off).
- Sign out of Starz App
- Delete Starz App
- Reboot Apple TV 4
- Reboot Router
- Reinstall Starz App
- Log in
As long as you are yet to change the Apple TV setting back to allow TV provider access, but the Starz App has continued to function perfectly without the need.
Another Method To Fix Starz Activate Not Working On Apple TV
Are you tired of seeing error messages and you want to watch a movie that just got uploaded to Starz? Follow the steps below to resolve the issues:
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Restore.
- After going through the restore settings,
- Navigate to Settings iCloud and set up the iCloud settings and iTunes Store settings.
- Open the Starz app and enter your log-in code.
- Now, it has been restored.
I hope this helps fix all the issues associated with Starz activate not working on Apple TV. In case, you still can’t solve the problem, then there is likely an issue with the Starz App and you would need to contact Starz customer service. For a related article, click here.